FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [ROM][PORT][CM7][OTA] UltraBeam GB | Revolutionary V1.6 | UBStyled (08/05/2014

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 17th March 2015, 01:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ROM][PORT][CM7][OTA] UltraBeam GB | Revolutionary V1.6 | UBStyled (08/05/2014) <---

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][PORT][CM7][OTA] UltraBeam GB | Revolutionary V1.6 | UBStyled (08/05/2014) <---. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

17th March 2015, 01:12 PM |#2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Question Dark on black, light on white UltrabBeam 1.7 UI
Thanks that somebody still cares about HTC Legend! Thanks for the nice performance (the best I've ever had on this device) and the integrated sd-ext support (excellent approach)! So far, so good.
I just cannot understand why the UI had to be crippled beyond any useability with almost black characters over black background and almost white characters over white background?!?!?!
Is there a human way to set useable combinations of text/background colors in UltraBeam 1.7?.

I have changed the default launcher to DU Launcher 1.1.0, which improves part of the situation (at least what depends on the launcher).
5th April 2015, 07:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Im sorry, the original developer stopped development, as far as i know, on this rom and i never got his permission to modify it.

Ps. I can only recommend using a separate launcher to modify whatever it is that you can, to make it feel more comfortable to yourself.
31st August 2015, 11:27 PM |#4  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Belated thanks for the note. I knew it was dropped. Anyway, after testing, it was a ROM I wouldn't recommend. It simply didn't make it on my Legend. Despite the "built-in" sd-ext support and the still "available" 1.6GB of "internal" memory, the ROM stuck at 384 MB of apps and data with a permanent low space, not being able even to make or answer calls. An advice for all that want to try it - go back to the last ever CM7.2 nightly, put S2E, keep going at 600 MHz with a performance governor and you're OK (as long as you have the nerve to wait-tap-wait-tap-wait…). I am probably the last dinosaur on Earth to keep using this device - I write to prevent frustration just in case there is somebody else out there trying to push Legend beyond capabilities.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)