FORUMS

Unlock my ancient Universal

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RenMcCourtey, Junior Member on 24th May 2019, 12:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, it's been long ten years since I put my Universal to the bottom shelf. Being kinda bored I just recovered it, soldered new mini USB port (the reason why it went to the shelf in the first place), and now it charges and starts. Unfortunately I'm being asked for a code, probably WM lock screen or something. Curious, I never was too fond of lock codes and I do not remember to set it. I tried a couple of simple ones I came up with but no success. Sure, I could do hard reset but I was curious to dig a bit in my past. Is this really Windows lock screen? Do we have any tools to override it nowadays?
27th May 2019, 02:55 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Really? No one?
1st June 2019, 03:15 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenMcCourtey

Really? No one?

Hi RenMcCourtey, isn't it something like PIN to unlock the device? I actually made similar thing like you. Only difference was to sort my old stuff in different country and I found my old Xda Exec with 128MB RAM . So I started to playing with it. And I need to unlock it for different mobile provider. Another problem what I can see is WiFi ... WPA-PSK is maximum on WM5.0. I don't remember if WPA2 is possible. It's a long time ago what I used it ... 2007 I think. Anyway I will share my experience
1st June 2019, 09:38 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Hi and thanks for the reply.. I actually do not know what kind of code it is, I didn't see WM6 for 10 years. It's definitely not a SIM lock because there is no SIM present, as I do not have this size of SIM anymore...So yes, probably some kind of device code, that's why I was asking if someone know and if there are some tools to override it. It's often a thing for devices so old.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)