Mugen Battery case

Search This thread

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
I bit the bullet and ordered this case, hopefully it will be much better than the cheap generic case which was great for 2 months than turned out to be crap.

Mugen appears to have a good reputation

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Yeah I bought one from mobilefun it was the first battery case available that I know of. It worked great would charge the phone real fast and was for the most part reliable. Than came the day that it refused to work at all...

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
BTW, picking it up tomorrow, pretty fast considering it shipped from China. That might explain the $20 shipping fee. Which is perfect I'll have it before I go camping next Wednesday

dogswind

Mar 25, 2010
South Carolina
I'm eagerly awaiting to hear how this case works out for you. Very interested in it.. Can you post some pictures when you get a chance?

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Just got the Case, will take pictures later. I can tell you that the case adds a lot of bulk. Protection seems better than the generic "power jacket" from mobilefun.com. still feels vulnerable if it were to fall in it's back. It says that it's charging "AC" as opposed to "USB" I was listening to music(not streaming) while using GPS and the it still appeared to charged as opposed to flat lining or worst draining.

Reactions: dogswind

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
The volume and power rockers are accessible however the case makes it difficult to actually use them. Taking the phone out of the case is a real challenge

Reactions: dogswind

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
1409340017145.jpg

Attachments

• 1409339989545.jpg
    1409339989545.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 681
  • 1409340002445.jpg
    1409340002445.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 1409340037128.jpg
    1409340037128.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 625
  • 1409340087021.jpg
    1409340087021.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 635

dogswind

Mar 25, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for the first impressions and pictures! I don't mind the bulk if it substantially extends the life, but that volume rocker cutout is worrying. Wish they had built buttons into the case. Have you used headphones with it? Curious how snug that opening is...

theandies

Hell, I get 1 day 10 hours a charge according to GSAM I'd think if you doubled your battery capacity you'd be getting a lot more battery life than I am. I by no means a power user but I am on my phone a lot during the day. My biggest issue now is whether to charge when I get home at night or try and make it through the next day. It's a good problem to have. Right now I'm at 49% and I took it off the charger yesterday morning. I love this phone.

That case looks cool if you need the extra power. I'll keep it in mind if I need a power case.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Thanks for the first impressions and pictures! I don't mind the bulk if it substantially extends the life, but that volume rocker cutout is worrying. Wish they had built buttons into the case. Have you used headphones with it? Curious how snug that opening is...

Don't worry - take another hit.........:D (your avatar is great)!

md1008

Dec 9, 2011

It's honestly not that bad, I wouldn't say it's a game changer. I can easily charge it to a full charge. Today I charged the phone at 20% first half was heavy use GPS and YouTube when I got home. Then I let the phone be and it charged it to 80% now if I wasn't using GPS or wasting away for an hour on YouTube it would be 100%. After a full charge the battery will be dead. If I were to use it heavily the whole time I suspect I would get 60-70% which isn't terrible considering otherwise the phone would be dead. I do recommend this but I feel $100 is too steep. Shipping is $20 but it took me 3 days to ship from Hong Kong so I can't complain about cost of shipping. If you share on FB you get a $4 discount

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
all after market batteries come from china, and probaly from the same manufacture, they just slap a sticker on there to make it cost more.

buy some other brand for 15 bucks rather than 100 and it work just as good.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
all after market batteries come from china, and probaly from the same manufacture, they just slap a sticker on there to make it cost more.

buy some other brand for 15 bucks rather than 100 and it work just as good.

It's my understanding that mugen has a better reputation than some no name brand case which is why I took the chance. Mugen makes extended battery and cases for many phones such as Nexus, Samsung note and "s",s and I think iPhone. In any case I hope I don't regret this purchase. So far the device feels more premium and durable than the previous.

Being made by the same manufacturer doesn't always mean same product or quality. Coke may for example might make " Joe's Cola" does not mean that "Joe's" is as good as coke.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
Mugen advertised that you can sync with this case... I call BS I can not, it will pop up on my computer as HTC one m8 mtp device than it disappears and reappears meaning it's connecting and disconnecting. That's a real bummer.

Another plus is that when you charge the phone it will charge the case secondly. So if you charge the phone over night you will have a fully charged phone and case :)

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
It's my understanding that mugen has a better reputation than some no name brand case which is why I took the chance. Mugen makes extended battery and cases for many phones such as Nexus, Samsung note and "s",s and I think iPhone. In any case I hope I don't regret this purchase. So far the device feels more premium and durable than the previous.

Being made by the same manufacturer doesn't always mean same product or quality. Coke may for example might make " Joe's Cola" does not mean that "Joe's" is as good as coke.

eh to each his own, your talking about taste which something you can actually see and taste, but if you can find the different between a 15$ and a 100$ battery thats something else.

md1008

Dec 9, 2011
And if that one dies? Just buy another one? So far I am really happy with this case, hopefully I will not have buyers remorse.

I get this case is too much for you, but the case has already been bought and its my money so really no point in trying to dissuade me

Reactions: dmitrymugen

WarCow

Feb 7, 2011
doesnt mean the product is bad, just mean one malfunction unit, you can buy another one and still better off than spent $100

And you know why the cheap ones malfunction so much? Because part of what you pay for in the expensive models is the quality control and adherence to specifications during the manufacturing. So yeah, it's possible they are built in the same factories but that doesn't mean they're build to the same standard.

I'm all for saving money where I can, but I wouldn't try to save a few dollars on something as dangerous as a battery, which can and do explode/overheat while in your pocket or hand. But I guess that's up to you and your priorities.

Reactions: md1008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the Case, will take pictures later. I can tell you that the case adds a lot of bulk. Protection seems better than the generic "power jacket" from mobilefun.com. still feels vulnerable if it were to fall in it's back. It says that it's charging "AC" as opposed to "USB" I was listening to music(not streaming) while using GPS and the it still appeared to charged as opposed to flat lining or worst draining.
    The volume and power rockers are accessible however the case makes it difficult to actually use them. Taking the phone out of the case is a real challenge
    And if that one dies? Just buy another one? So far I am really happy with this case, hopefully I will not have buyers remorse.

I get this case is too much for you, but the case has already been bought and its my money so really no point in trying to dissuade me
    doesnt mean the product is bad, just mean one malfunction unit, you can buy another one and still better off than spent $100

And you know why the cheap ones malfunction so much? Because part of what you pay for in the expensive models is the quality control and adherence to specifications during the manufacturing. So yeah, it's possible they are built in the same factories but that doesn't mean they're build to the same standard.

I'm all for saving money where I can, but I wouldn't try to save a few dollars on something as dangerous as a battery, which can and do explode/overheat while in your pocket or hand. But I guess that's up to you and your priorities.