FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slickwraps shady DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By AcE XBOX, Senior Member on 11th October 2014, 03:29 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I originally ordered one of the chrome slicks back in 6/20/14. With that order I also got the carbon fiber skin for the M8. After almost a month of waiting, they finally shipped. When I received them, I only got the carbon fiber skin, but not the chrome skin. I emailed you guys as soon as I got the package and never heard anything back from you guys. On the slickwraps thread in this same forum I posted complaining about the situation, among many other members.

I tried to do a paypal dispute, but it's been past the 45 days. I want the refund for that chrome skin of 24.95. Horrible experience with you guys. I've done business with you guys in the past with no issues until this particular incident. I will email you guys again, and if any reps are reading this, PM me and we can go from there. Absolutely ridiculous.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AcE XBOX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AcE XBOX Ad-Free

11th October 2014, 05:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Sorry to hear..Hate hearing about lowlife dirtbags like Slickwraps stealing from honest people....

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
11th October 2014, 09:21 AM |#3  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 557

More
They were really great, I ordered a few times from them. However since 'chromegate' and following the thread, I've been put off ordering from them again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
11th October 2014, 05:46 PM |#4  
Flag Andover
Thanks Meter: 987

More
Chrome Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcE XBOX

I originally ordered one of the chrome slicks back in 6/20/14. With that order I also got the carbon fiber skin for the M8. After almost a month of waiting, they finally shipped. When I received them, I only got the carbon fiber skin, but not the chrome skin. I emailed you guys as soon as I got the package and never heard anything back from you guys. On the slickwraps thread in this same forum I posted complaining about the situation, among many other members.

I tried to do a paypal dispute, but it's been past the 45 days. I want the refund for that chrome skin of 24.95. Horrible experience with you guys. I've done business with you guys in the past with no issues until this particular incident. I will email you guys again, and if any reps are reading this, PM me and we can go from there. Absolutely ridiculous.

Hello AcE XBOX,

I am extremely sorry for the problems you have experienced with your Slickwraps order. I have sent a private message to your box so that we are able to look into your order and resolve these issues.

Thank you,

Pauline
Slickwraps.com
11th October 2014, 09:50 PM |#5  
Flag Andover
Thanks Meter: 987

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcE XBOX

Can you please post your order #?

Weston
Slickwraps
13th October 2014, 05:44 PM |#6  
Flag Somewhere in the digital space
Thanks Meter: 116

More
never faced any problems with @slickwraps...all orders reached India in a week...even got a free coupon for a wrong purchase....just because 1 person had a bad experience doesnt make the whole company shady...you face problems with each every company out there, does that classify all of them as shady companies...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whosaysjohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whosaysjohn Ad-Free
13th October 2014, 06:44 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosaysjohn

just because 1 person had a bad experience doesnt make the whole company shady...you face problems with each every company out there, does that classify all of them as shady companies...

Seems like the seller faltered on multiple steps (although some details aren't clear):

1) Took a month to ship. Was a back order indicated, and was there an ETA given? If no on either of those questions, the ship time is unacceptable.

2) Not all items received. Okay, mistakes happen. But in conjuction with point 1 above, and the next point, I can see how the OP is very frustrated.

3) No response from email. Its not clear how much time has lapsed for the vendor to respond. Anything more than 72 hours (give or take some for weekends, holidays, etc.) is very poor customer service, IMO. Seriously, how long does it take to check email and write a response?

While the above points may not qualify the vendor as "shady", it does show some very poor customer service; and possibly a very poorly run business. Yes, all companies make mistakes. But the good ones will respond promptly to support calls and emails, and resolve issues quickly. I wouldn't do any further business with a vendor (or recommend others to) if this was my experience, either.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
14th October 2014, 05:44 AM |#8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 129

More
I ordered a wrap a short while after they first released them for the M8.

They shipped promptly (the day after I ordered if I remember correctly). It took only a week or 2 to ship to me in Canada.

The wrap itself was of good quality, and the fit was nice. The only "issue" I had was I screwed up application and ruined the wrap... so I never got it on my phone lol.

Over all, would do business with them again. I encourage everyone to PM their representative on XDA to resolve their issues. They've been nothing but helpful in my experience. Just wish they had videos demonstrating how to apply their wraps so people like me don't screw up application!

EDIT:

Weston is great, I'm certain slickwraps will resolve OPs issue in no time
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedhros For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maedhros Ad-Free
14th October 2014, 09:51 AM |#9  
Flag Bern / Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I totally agree with Maedhros. I also was hit by the "chrome delay" and decided to wait for a long time. It was _my_ decision to wait. SW offered me refund and also additional compensation early but as I said, I decided to wait.
When I finally didn't want to wait any longer they replaced my chrome order with two other wraps (my choice).
I think they are really doing whatever is possible for them to provide a good customer support.
I would also do business with them again.
14th October 2014, 02:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Did they inform you there was a backorder ? Did they alert all customers about the issue with the chrome? Or did they still take orders?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
14th October 2014, 02:48 PM |#11  
Flag Bern / Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I got a message about the backorder but I don't remember when this was.
The Following User Says Thank You to OsirisPrime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OsirisPrime Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread