- All the amazing features of the official MIUI 8.
- Option of being rooted, download link for root in this thread.
- nearly fully working MIUI 8 build.
- Team M8 kernel which provides bugs fixes, quicker user experience and overall better stability.
How to Install:
- For Sprint/Verizion users, download this boot.img file and replace it with the original one inside the zip (Not fully tested, but pretty sure this will work).
- Download the MIUI 8 build below.
- download the SuperSU systemless root (If you want root)
- Download your choice of your Gapps from - opengapps.org/
1. Boot into recovery, TWRP preferably (Have not tested any others. (Let me know if it works on any others, it will probably)
2. Wipe - Factory reset - Wipe dlvik cache/cache
3. Flash the MIUI8_BuildFor_M8.ZIP file - boot up
4. Setup from the start screen on MIUI - Once finished, go back to recovery and flash your choice of Gapps (We do this to keep the MIUI running well. I plan to somehow, at some point let these be flashed together).
5. Done, if you want root then try flashing the systemless root (BE WARNED! THIS CAN CAUSE DATA TO NOT BE WORKING. HOWEVER SOME USERS HAVE SAID THAT IT DOES WORK WITH ROOT AND XPOSED.)
MIUI 8 Builds:
SuperSU - Download (Only this) - You have to install the app afterwards, go to settings and allow su on apps and adb
- For some users the data is not working (as a TEMPORARY fix type this in the phoning area ( *#*#72786#*#* ) and then reboot ) [Reported 16/10/2016]
- SuperSU root access not always working [Reported 16/10/2016]
- DT2W not working [17/10/2016]
- Gestures in stock settings [17/10/2016]
- Recent app sometimes grayed out [17/10/2016]
- Some items crash the settings menu, very rare. [17/10/2016]
- SuperSU not working fully [Fixed 16/10/2016]
Big thanks to Team M8 Kernel!
MIUI 8 - One M8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)
Source Code: https://github.com/Team-M8/android_k...msm8974/tree/M
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: CyanogenMod
Current Beta Version: 02.20161014.205803
Last Updated 2016-10-17