FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Who will be joining us on the M9?

Hell yes, as soon as it lands!

94 Vote(s)
7.03%
I am still considering my options

222 Vote(s)
16.60%
I won't be getting one

1,021 Vote(s)
76.36%

[ROM]&[KERNEL]LeeDrOiD One M8 V8.4.1 - [Discontinued] | Oct 30th 2017 | Awesome!

28,723 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,668

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from LeeDroid: Sense 8 Goodies included XD
17th February 2016, 10:43 AM |#10001  
Lytle, TX
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyunomas

Hello guys.

I have observed a weird behavior (maybe a bug?): When I try to open an URL, and the dialog "open with" (just once - Always) appear I can't touch on any of the two options because the navigation bar appear to be invisible on top so it always behaves like if I were touching the nav bar instead, even is its not there.

Has anybody seen this? I didn't find anything in the thread.

Regards,

Yes. You can double tap on your choice until they work it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to redoregon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redoregon Ad-Free

17th February 2016, 02:21 PM |#10002  
Flag I'm helpless and I'm awake, I'm in the undertow
Thanks Meter: 615

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartiger

I was just wondering if anyone had had any thoughts on this. Which is the best way to save space for lots of apps on MM, adopt the SD card or try to force the old app move to sd somehow?

Also @LeeDroid and @mwilky did you know the leedroid.co.uk m8 svn page stops at r23 and not the current r29? Also, is the earlier mentioned rebase still in the works?

Many thanks to all who a) take the time to read my ramblings and b) bother to respond in any way

AND HUGE THANKS TO DEVS THE WORLD OVER FOR THEIR GENEROSITY OF TIME AND TALENT, I CAN THINK OF 2 IN PARTICULAR!!

back up your sd card, adopt the sd card then copy your pics vids and music back to it
The Following User Says Thank You to toolhas4degrees For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toolhas4degrees Ad-Free
17th February 2016, 03:50 PM |#10003  
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolhas4degrees

back up your sd card, adopt the sd card then copy your pics vids and music back to it

So you think adoption of the card is the best way to go rather than move apps to sd in the app details settings screen? I'm concerned I loose storage space as apparently the rest of your internal storage disappears in favour of the sd card, is that right?
17th February 2016, 04:09 PM |#10004  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

After flashing the new rom, typing become very slow. For example, when I type " ap " , sometimes I need to wait a few seconds so that i can type " ple " to finish the word.

I've tried HTC input / Swift Key / Swype.

HTC input is a bit quicker but I still cannot type as smooth as I used to be.

Anyone experienced this before ?

Thanks.
17th February 2016, 04:25 PM |#10005  
Flag saigon
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Still laggy ?! Why ? Because i have only unlocked and 's-on??!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk
17th February 2016, 06:40 PM |#10006  
Flag I'm helpless and I'm awake, I'm in the undertow
Thanks Meter: 615

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartiger

So you think adoption of the card is the best way to go rather than move apps to sd in the app details settings screen? I'm concerned I loose storage space as apparently the rest of your internal storage disappears in favour of the sd card, is that right?

i mean use the ext sd as internal. then copy your files back to the ext sd that is now designated as internal. idk how you lose storage. I have only tested this on my asus tf300t aosp mm rom since i don't have this issue on my m8, but i didn't lose storage space it just formatted the ext sd as internal the had to copy back the files to the new allocation afterward
17th February 2016, 08:42 PM |#10007  
Flag Köln
Thanks Meter: 57

More
May be you want to check the pros and cons of integration of SD?!
I don't remember rhe reasons, but I do remember post where users were not happy with SD card aa internal.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
18th February 2016, 08:22 AM |#10008  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
htc mail app buttons
Hi,
After couple of days using v8, i still experience some lags.
Also, when im selecting multiple emails to delete, the Nav bar overlaps the mail's buttons a bit.
I still can touch the mail's buttons though.
No big deal at all, just wanna report it
Cheers
18th February 2016, 08:52 AM |#10009  
Flag Köln
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Yes I did report this issue as well, no big deal as you said as well.

What I am more concerned about is that the Rom seems to get worse (less smooth) after t some time.
It looks like performance goes down while at the same time battery consumption goes up.

I experience the same also with ARHD.
I guess MM is a real bitch.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk
18th February 2016, 09:34 AM |#10010  
Flag Dornhan
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Sd-card as internal will result in loosing the fast real internal memory, because after formating the external as internal you can't use the internal memory again.
I've tested this with GPE MM Stock ROM

Send from my LeeDrOiD MM powered HTC one m8

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I don't have the problem with lagging here. I've experienced this sometimes with the lollipop rom, but with R29 it is just smooth using SwiftKey.
Belonging the SD card problem i just wonder if it is not possible to give the system write access to external SD, just as it was in LP? Adoption as internal SD is just a stupid idea of Google. No idea why they have done this. There are other ways to grant security i think.

Send from my LeeDrOiD MM powered HTC one m8
18th February 2016, 10:20 AM |#10011  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I've just flashed R29. So far, so good. I think it may be a little slower than lollipop, but my bluetooth connection to my Garmin is now rock solid, so it's a small price to pay!

One small request: is it possible to remove the clock from the status bar as in lollipop?

Thanks for your efforts leedroid. I'm loving your work

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, leedroid, leedroid.co.uk, lollipop, marshmallow, sense 7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)