FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.0 for HTC One M8

5,440 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,316

By bgcngm, Recognized Developer on 6th September 2017, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Broken:
  • Camera (and flashlight)

Working:
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • FM Radio
  • Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Compatibility:
This build is compatible with all M8 single SIM variants (m8ul, m8vzw and m8spr).
It is based off the HTC's Android 6.0.1 firmware and kernel with binaries from Android 6.0 GPe.

Downloads:
Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP by @Captain_Throwback) - Direct link
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Credits & collaborations
This work is due to efforts from everyone involved in M8 development. The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Device wiki:
XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.0, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
bgcngm
ROM OS Version: 8.0 Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: M firmware

Version Information

Created 2017-09-07
Last Updated 2017-09-06
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th September 2017, 11:55 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Keep in mind that for now this is just an alpha, take it like an early preview. Quite a lot hasn't yet been ported to Lineage, so please don't report issues like: "broken buttons backlight".
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2017, 12:04 AM |#3  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I guess we're using the 7.1 version of GApps since there isn't one for 8.0 yet?
7th September 2017, 12:18 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Unofficial Gapps here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545592800
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2017, 12:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,200

More
that wasn't expected but highly appreciated
thank you very much

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmed.ismael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahmed.ismael Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 03:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Best thing I've seen this day. Thank you!
7th September 2017, 04:37 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 91

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osidacarlo

Best thing I've seen this day. Thank you!

I will test instantly
7th September 2017, 07:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Have anyone tested RIL?
7th September 2017, 07:19 AM |#9  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 72

More
For me, SIM was detected on first boot but then after a restart, it stopped being detected. When it was working, calls/sms worked but not mobile data.

But boy is it smooth. UI much more fluid than Nougat
7th September 2017, 08:47 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Excelent work, thank u bgcngm 😁
About ROM, there are a few FCs while setup phone, but nothing that u cant handle with. RIL is working, I mean phone and sms, I havent tested mobile data (but at least sys catch proper APN). All other functions in settings work good, except BL which doesnt work, and its icon is blinking all time. Wifi is working good, GPS is also working pretty good, needs few sec to lock; audio is fine, there is no crackling sounds; sensors and audio recording work just fine. Only thing that is missing is camera. If u need anything just let me know. Cheers
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to harisdelic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harisdelic Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 12:52 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 17,355

Donate to Me
More
I don't remember any FC while setup but SIM was not detected. Once setup was completed there was a message saying system not responding, chose wait .. then SIM get detected.

Maybe an important thing to note for those who may have the same sympton that I had.. after ROM is installed, the system partition was change from 2644mb to 1006mb. To restore your backup or install other ROM (especially Sense ROM) you may need to Resize File System. If not your restoration or ROM installation may fail due to insufficient system space.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ckpv5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)