[ROM] [WEEKLY] LineageOS eXtended 14.1 for HTC One M8

Search This thread

IonutGherman

Dec 16, 2014
Bucharest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 2 XL
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS-eXtended is a LineageOS version with some extra features like:

• Substratum theme engine
    Colour engine for theming
    Staturbar Network traffic indicator
    Statusbar Date and Time
    Disable screenshot sound
    Enable media cover art on the lockscreen
    Double tap to sleep on the lockscreen
    One tap QS tile add/remove
    Custom Rows/columns of QS tiles
    One tap toggle
    Clear All button in recent apps view
    Show memory bar in recent apps view
    And many more

Installation:

Download: 20180109
Gapps: Click
I recommend Magisk for rooting: Click

Credits:
LineageOS - based on
Hikari no Tenshi - Main developer
IonutGherman(me) - compiler

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [WEEKLY] LineageOS eXtended 14.1 for HTC One M8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
IonutGherman
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS-eXtended[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: M Firmware
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-09
Last Updated 2018-01-09

Last edited:

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
Nice, glad there are still people making roms for our old and beloved M8 :D

I love my RR but will surely give it a try tomorrow.

Edit: since my post is still last one, I'll just edit it.

Flashed it and played around with the settings and apps. Rom is smooth, no problems with it, fairly customisable. Pretty solid experience. Good medium between naked los and feature-rich customs.

Last edited:
Reactions: IonutGherman

Danul123

Jul 10, 2017
Can someone compare the quality of the cam with sense rom and LineageOS rom. I think sense rom photos are better than LineageOS rom photos. Anyone ever compare the qulity before ?

DrewChanel

Oct 31, 2016
Guanajuato

Are you sure that your phone is a M8? Or is M8 dual sim?

Sent from my HTC m8 using XDA Labs

Yeah its no the first rom I install my phone is the verizon m8 single sim is s off and the cid is the supercid, but i dont know why since i installed the lastes sundream build i have many bugs, right now i use the RUU to back to MM official, but if i tried to install any rom is the same error i even delete the asserts with LOS 15.1 and get bootloop.

dnaeeeutd

Aug 24, 2016
Yeah its no the first rom I install my phone is the verizon m8 single sim is s off and the cid is the supercid, but i dont know why since i installed the lastes sundream build i have many bugs, right now i use the RUU to back to MM official, but if i tried to install any rom is the same error i even delete the asserts with LOS 15.1 and get bootloop.

Maybe your phone is old enough to be replaced, the NAND lifespan is coming to the end.

Reactions: DrewChanel

Burth67

Sep 15, 2009
I got the lastest twrp.
EDIT: its not rom problem i dont know why but i canot install any rom, always finished with process ended with error : 7. I already tried 5 diferents roms.

Look error : 7 up on Google, when installing custom rom , i had the same problem and i found my answer there.

DrewChanel

Oct 31, 2016
Guanajuato
Look error : 7 up on Google, when installing custom rom , i had the same problem and i found my answer there.
I already tried with the asserts but still happen the same, i will try to install other roms and if any other rom works jump to this one, i think maybe it´s a problem with the firmware i cannot find wich one is the lastest for verizon m8.

lorenzonandroid

Apr 17, 2011
Zwickau
Can someone compare the quality of the cam with sense rom and LineageOS rom. I think sense rom photos are better than LineageOS rom photos. Anyone ever compare the qulity before ?

I'm not a Pro on this, but it might be the camera drivers / software. As far as I know the non Sense Roms don't use the HTC camera app and therefore don't support the "Ultrapixels". Try downloading the HTC camera app and check if you can get better results with it.

Danul123

Jul 10, 2017
I'm not a Pro on this, but it might be the camera drivers / software. As far as I know the non Sense Roms don't use the HTC camera app and therefore don't support the "Ultrapixels". Try downloading the HTC camera app and check if you can get better results with it.

yes I used sense camera. But I feel like those pics are not as quality as sense rom photos. size is also smaller compared to sense rom photos. I think thats because android 7 roms doesn't support duel camera. And some manual options doesn't work. And flash doesn't turn on to focus at night shots. Thar's why I asked that someone had done a comparison of camera.

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
yes I used sense camera. But I feel like those pics are not as quality as sense rom photos. size is also smaller compared to sense rom photos. I think thats because android 7 roms doesn't support duel camera. And some manual options doesn't work. And flash doesn't turn on to focus at night shots. Thar's why I asked that someone had done a comparison of camera.
There was very good comparison between both, in los 14 thread or the unofficial one if I am not mistaken. And yeah I think u are right, on sense roms u can make better photos. Also duo camera works only on sense roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS-eXtended is a LineageOS version with some extra features like:

• Substratum theme engine
      Colour engine for theming
      Staturbar Network traffic indicator
      Statusbar Date and Time
      Disable screenshot sound
      Enable media cover art on the lockscreen
      Double tap to sleep on the lockscreen
      One tap QS tile add/remove
      Custom Rows/columns of QS tiles
      One tap toggle
      Clear All button in recent apps view
      Show memory bar in recent apps view
      And many more

Installation:

Download: 20180109
    Gapps: Click
    I recommend Magisk for rooting: Click

Credits:
    LineageOS - based on
    Hikari no Tenshi - Main developer
    IonutGherman(me) - compiler

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [WEEKLY] LineageOS eXtended 14.1 for HTC One M8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    IonutGherman
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS-eXtended[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: M Firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-09
    Last Updated 2018-01-09
    No builds until my exams are gone. Sorry guys, I will try to do this soon as I can.
    Guys, sadly for me, today my HTC has reached EOL. I will push this update for you, but in the next period I will have to study for exams and I will not have so much time available. Thank you for being supportive.
    Sorry for 2 previous posts, but XDA is loading very slowly. And is not my computer's fault. Or network :)