FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Redeem the Free 100GB Google Drive Promo if you were unable to...

1,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 176

By syntropic, Senior Member on 28th September 2014, 08:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2014, 08:27 PM |#21  
Denver "ish"
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quick question, does this actually lock the device or does it simply change the unlock flag? If it does lock it, what it's the best way to unlock again?

Sent from my M8 Pro

3rd December 2014, 03:40 PM |#22  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallnSaint

Quick question, does this actually lock the device or does it simply change the unlock flag? If it does lock it, what it's the best way to unlock again?

Sent from my M8 Pro

Best is to rewrite the flag - there are 2 threads - one for remowing the tampered flag and second for locking the bootloader.
Once you are s-off you can lock and unlock the bootloader how many times you want using simple commands.
The Following User Says Thank You to maarawoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maarawoe Ad-Free
3rd December 2014, 05:28 PM |#23  
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thanks for the guide. I'm on S-ON so I first decided to try HTC CHAT Support and they activated my 100gb in like 5 mins using an email link which was so helpful. I'm sure I'll get round to testing what you've detailed sooner or later.
3rd December 2014, 09:08 PM |#24  
Denver "ish"
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarawoe

Best is to rewrite the flag - there are 2 threads - one for remowing the tampered flag and second for locking the bootloader.
Once you are s-off you can lock and unlock the bootloader how many times you want using simple commands.

Thanks for clarifying, I'm already s-off and it works perfectly.

I tried HTC Chat and received an email link that sent me to Google but it claimed I already received the storage. re-lock was the only way to get it.

Sent from my M8 Pro
4th December 2014, 12:45 PM |#25  
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallnSaint

Thanks for clarifying, I'm already s-off and it works perfectly.

I tried HTC Chat and received an email link that sent me to Google but it claimed I already received the storage. re-lock was the only way to get it.

Sent from my M8 Pro

I'm s-off with unlocked bootloader and the google link worked fine. Now I have 100G

And I got UNLIMITED space from my university alumni account
4th December 2014, 02:26 PM |#26  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Just got my link from HTC support. No need to modify my unlocked bootloader, s-off phone.
Thanks for the guide though. Was about to go with it if HTC had not given me a link.

Edit: bootloader relock nesessary. it did not work with unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th December 2014, 07:34 PM |#27  
Flag Chihuahua
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Wink Code redeemed before unlocking
I redeemed the code before unlocked and had no trouble, it gave me error after I installed the first custom rom but the space was already available on my google drive.
27th December 2014, 04:41 AM |#28  
Flag Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I just used tunnelbear (just to make sure no glitches) to log into the HTC support chat app on the US HTC site from Taiwan, told the guy I couldn't get the upgrade. We chatted about my christmas present (and Oppo 105D) and I simply gave him my IMEI, and an old landline # from our Palm Beach condo and I got the email with 100GB. He never asked about unlocked bootloaders.
28th December 2014, 09:26 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Thx, worked liked charm!! I'm on the GPE 5.0.1 Stock Rom (Fully converted).I Removed the "Tampered" Logo, "Locked" the bootloader and uninstalled the Google Drive updates. No issues there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lenthele For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lenthele Ad-Free
28th December 2014, 08:22 PM |#30  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 104

More
worked great - even without going back to stock. I am on ARHD 22.1 and stayed there. I only followed the steps to remove the "tampered", locked again the bootloader, uninstalled the google drive app and .... bang - redeemed the 100 GB
Thx for this great tutorial
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa-Claus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Santa-Claus Ad-Free
24th February 2015, 01:19 AM |#31  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thumbs up Worked Like a Charm
When I obtained S-OFF I cleared the TAMPERED LOGO there and then, but left my boot loader unlocked.

Followed your guide and locked my bootloader and was able to get my 100 GB! Currently on 125 GB NOW!

I'm on 5.0.1 GPE Rooted with the SD write mod applied.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-24-01-16-25.png
Views:	954
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	3180892  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)