[GUIDE][S-ON] Restore your (European) HTC One M8 back to stock

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK0058, Guest on 4th April 2015, 08:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2017, 09:34 PM |#91  

More
Im following the steps for my htc one m8 tmobile s-on on crDroid 7.1 trying to return to stock. However i cant open rom.zip. I keep getting "invalid file". Ive tried couple different methods. ANy suggestions? Here is my getvr:

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
version-baseband: 1.29.213311491.05G
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
imei2: Not Support
meid: 00000000000000
product: m8_ul
platform: hTCBmsm8974
modelid: 0P6B13000
cidnum: T-MOB010
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 0mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: 205bdca3
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

11th April 2017, 12:03 PM |#92  

More
Bootloop - stock firm
Hi,

I have today rooted my phone and after that it jumped into a booploop.
I've made:
- factory reset
- wipe dalvik
- wipe cache
- wipe system

After that im no mora able to enter into bootloader or recorvery. Is there a chance to save the phone with a stock Firm. ? Or any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Geli
11th April 2017, 03:25 PM |#93  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagcee

I have today rooted my phone and after that it jumped into a booploop.
I've made:
- factory reset
- wipe dalvik
- wipe cache
- wipe system

After that im no mora able to enter into bootloader or recorvery. Is there a chance to save the phone with a stock Firm. ? Or any other ideas ?

First of all, how did you try to root? What version TWRP? What version SuperSU? The most common reason for bootloop/no boot after trying to root is outdated version of TWRP and/or outdated SuperSU. In which case, using the correct versions actually fixes the problem in most cases. So you jumped the gun a bit by wiping all those things.

You realize you wiped the OS by wiping system? So of course the phone can't boot to OS now, as there is nothing there to boot.

What is the current state of the device? Does the screen come on at all? If so, you should be able to get into bootloader. Nothing you described should prevent you from getting into bootloader. If it's truly bootlooping (rebooting over and over again) simply holding vol down on the next boot "cycle" should hopefully get you into bootloader. But if the phone is simply "stuck" on the HTC logo screen, you will need to do the following:

1) Hold Power + Vol up until the screen goes dark to reboot (may need to hold buttons for a minute or more)
2) The moment the screen goes dark, let go of the button, and only hold vol down. Don't let go, until you see the bootloader screen.
3) If you don't access bootloader, and just get stuck again, you simply got the timing wrong. You either started pressing vol down too late, or let go too early. Simply repeat steps 1 and 2 above, until you get it right.

From bootloader, see if you can get into recovery. Since you wiped system, you'll need to put a new ROM on the phone, or restore a TWRP backup. Alternately, RUU back to stock if your version has an RUU.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh2124

Im following the steps for my htc one m8 tmobile s-on on crDroid 7.1 trying to return to stock. However i cant open rom.zip. I keep getting "invalid file". Ive tried couple different methods. ANy suggestions? Here is my getvr:

version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
version-baseband: 1.29.213311491.05G
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
product: m8_ul
platform: hTCBmsm8974
modelid: 0P6B13000
cidnum: T-MOB010

I've helped a lot of folks return to stock with RUUs and otherwise, and I can't for the life of me figure out what this guide is trying to accomplish. It has a lot of extra steps, whose purpose I don't understand.

If you have the T-Mobile RUU, you should just be able to run the exe format from a PC. Alternately, if you have an SD card; now that you have the rom.zip, you can rename to 0P6BIMG.zip, put it on the SD, insert in phone and reboot to bootloader, and it will install automatically.

You can also flash the rom.zip with htc_fastboot (the "generic" fastboot tool can't handle the large file size) in RUU mode, but it's a few more hoops to jump through. But I can post those steps, if you don't have a PC or SD card to do either of the other 2 methods above.
8th November 2017, 12:03 PM |#94  

More
Help please.
I followed your steps as in post 1. First two steps went ok. Tried to lock bootloader gave me this C:\adb>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg1fs_security
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_ENC ret = 0
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg2fs_sec_recovery
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) deinit_lcd
(bootloader) mipi display off
(bootloader) mdp_clock_off
(bootloader) turn off fd8c2308 failed 1 times. Try again...
(bootloader) disable_mmss_clk done
(bootloader) pll1_disable done
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = -1610744452 (0x9FFDFD7C)
(bootloader) [CRITICAL] SPMI write command failure: cmd_id = 0, error
(bootloader) = 4
(bootloader) [CRITICAL] SPMI write command failure: cmd_id = 0, error
(bootloader) = 4
(bootloader) [ERR] Cannot halt SPMI arbiter!!
(bootloader) [INFO] Rebooting device
FAILED (status read failed (Invalid argument))
finished. total time: 1.223s

Here are my phone details before flashing
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.29.214500021.12G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH43NWM02554
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 76df2b54
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Tried to run RUU, but it fails. No error message it just gives up

Now on fastboot screen OS is blank and it will not boot.
Thanks

Sean
8th November 2017, 03:10 PM |#95  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasqwatch

I followed your steps as in post 1. First two steps went ok. Tried to lock bootloader gave me this C:\adb>fastboot oem lock

Does the bootloader screen still say UNLOCKED near the top, or does it say RELOCKED?

Quote:

Tried to run RUU, but it fails. No error message it just gives up

Which RUU are you trying to run (version number, file name)? The Euro RUU link in the top post says "no longer available".

What particular point (what screen) does it crash?

Quote:

Now on fastboot screen OS is blank and it will not boot.

No OS number is usually due to using an outdated version TWRP, or flashing some AOSP ROMs. I assume you did one of those, since your bootloader was unlocked before.

OS number will usually not be blanked out by locking bootloader or trying to run RUU.
9th November 2017, 07:22 AM |#96  

More
Thanks for your help. I found a link from GSM for the correct software. Flashed from sd card and all is ok now.
28th April 2019, 07:04 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Since Lineage have abandoned the m8 completely, I'd like to reinstall the stock ROM on my old m8, before I try to sell it.

Is is running LOS 16 unofficial, but I fear that this will never become official again and thus it will never be upgradable OTA, which will probably be a great "no-go" for any potential buyer.

This may be a silly question, but do I really need to go through all the steps in the first page, or can the stock ROM be flashed from TWRP, making live a bit easier?
29th April 2019, 05:14 PM |#98  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdram

This may be a silly question, but do I really need to go through all the steps in the first page, or can the stock ROM be flashed from TWRP, making live a bit easier?

No, you don't really need to go through all the steps on this guide (I've commented this in a previous post).

Whether you can flash a "stock ROM" from TWRP depends on what you mean by "stock ROM". You can flash a TWRP backup that either you made of the stock ROM, or a stock TWRP backup from the collection. This will put you on the stock ROM, and from there if you intend to sell the device, it may make sense to flash the stock recovery (with fastboot) and relock the bootloader. But I would recommend telling buyers the phone was previously modified and "restored to stock". Since there is a difference between that condition and stock from the factory (never modified).

On the other hand, if you mean RUU, that by definition can not be flashed with TWRP. But rather just an executable you just run from your Windows PC or via fastboot. This may be an easier way to return to full stock than using TWRP. But whether your version M8 has an RUU or not (they are version specific - you can't use any RUU) depends on the CID/MID of your device. If you need help determining if there is an RUU, do fastboot getvar all, and post the result (delete IMEI and serial number before posting).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)