FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which htc one m8 PVS bin you have?

PVS0

10 Vote(s)
2.17%
PVS1

19 Vote(s)
4.13%
PVS2

10 Vote(s)
2.17%
PVS3

20 Vote(s)
4.35%
PVS4

17 Vote(s)
3.70%
PVS5

19 Vote(s)
4.13%
PVS6

37 Vote(s)
8.04%
PVS7

41 Vote(s)
8.91%
PVS8

51 Vote(s)
11.09%
PVS9

49 Vote(s)
10.65%
PVS10

45 Vote(s)
9.78%
PVS11

41 Vote(s)
8.91%
PVS12

34 Vote(s)
7.39%
PVS13

31 Vote(s)
6.74%
PVS14

16 Vote(s)
3.48%
PVS15

20 Vote(s)
4.35%

[GUIDE] Snapdragon 805/801/800/600 Clock & Voltage (PVS bin) guide

2,336 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,476

By HD2Owner, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th July 2014, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2018, 03:58 AM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjr

Yeeeey awesome to find this old but gold thread, just want you to know it still helping people.
I just got a from my brother GS5 with PSV 11, now using voltage settings a little lower than the PSV 15 ones, awesome! That's the best smartphone I ever got LOL.

Yep. This helped me a bit with PSV8 snapdragon 801 on the S5 as well. Nice voltages, stable and lower power draw is always nice. More battery is cool. Truly is an awesome phone even now and running aicp rom with a good kernel. Everything's so smooth and fast even for an old device like this but also good battery and removable battery is nice too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuzeg Spiked For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzeg Spiked Ad-Free

20th September 2018, 09:37 PM |#152  
Flag Cuiaba
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzeg Spiked

Yep. This helped me a bit with PSV8 snapdragon 801 on the S5 as well. Nice voltages, stable and lower power draw is always nice. More battery is cool. Truly is an awesome phone even now and running aicp rom with a good kernel. Everything's so smooth and fast even for an old device like this but also good battery and removable battery is nice too.

Which rom do you run? Can u give me a link? Im on lineage. Ty.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando o Tapatalk
21st September 2018, 12:43 AM |#153  

More
Quote:

Which rom do you run? Can u give me a link? Im on lineage. Ty.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando o Tapatalk

I am on AICP for the galaxy S5, 7.1.2. Kernel is Venom Kernel but literally any custom lineageos based kernel will work, even tuned kernel. Boeffla based kernels mainly for them. G900F. Been the best ROM I've ever used in ram usage, battery life and performance even at stock settings without tweaks. But tweaks made it even better.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ghtly-t3505994
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuzeg Spiked For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cuzeg Spiked Ad-Free
21st September 2018, 01:02 AM |#154  
Flag Cuiaba
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzeg Spiked

I am on AICP for the galaxy S5, 7.1.2. Kernel is Venom Kernel but literally any custom lineageos based kernel will work, even tuned kernel. Boeffla based kernels mainly for them. G900F. Been the best ROM I've ever used in ram usage, battery life and performance even at stock settings without tweaks. But tweaks made it even better.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ghtly-t3505994

I really liked Dirty Unicorns on my broken Moto G3, unfortunately there's no maintainer for the G900... thanks for the recommendation, but I don't like much to stay on the past, and use a rom or a kernel that is not being updated. I would like to see an Oreo AICP so I can try it...
21st September 2018, 02:14 AM |#155  

More
Quote:

I really liked Dirty Unicorns on my broken Moto G3, unfortunately there's no maintainer for the G900... thanks for the recommendation, but I don't like much to stay on the past, and use a rom or a kernel that is not being updated. I would like to see an Oreo AICP so I can try it...

Fair enough. Its just I stay on this since its the best I've experienced and stayed with compared to a lot of ROMs and custom kernels are alright with updates. Nougat, well they stopped updating but nougat was stable and faster in my experience in some ROMs, not all but some. but oreo has updates to kernels and ROMs which is good. I can move to oreo but I waited for more stable Oreo kernels. Venom kernel has Oreo kernel anyway and one of the best ones imo. I just got to find the best performing aosp Oreo ROM for my needs basically.
Also my S5 I no longer have since screen died and I gave it away so it didn't come back to me in repair, getting a One plus 3 now so more options to play around with and a overall faster device and better battery. I miss the S5 but at the same time, I don't mind.
21st December 2018, 10:04 AM |#156  
Flag N15°42.305' E120°54.047
Thanks Meter: 21

More
old snd600
such an old thread but find it very useful indeed! before posting my findings here, ive manage to undervolt my max freq clocked at 1.728ghz to 1087mV from 1162mV using kernel tuner app. im running custom nougat 7.1.2 and before tuning in frequencies i have this very terrible issues regarding over temp, the phone usually shuts down at cpu temp over 80°C (around 50% more or less battery remaining) after under volting, mine doesnt goes over 50°C. as of right now i can completely deplete my battery up to 14% remaining without sudden shutdown! again before posting here, i used the phone alot today about 3x discharging cycles so i guess it did really help alot even with minor undervolting. the phone is still under observation, but ive also tweaked the governors since the app has this facility too under cpu settings, so as of now everything's fine

btw my minimum frequency is 384MHz is at 850mV
every frequencies were step down by -75mV

if i reach down below -99mV my phone freezes, contrary to the person who posted he was happy to be able to undervolt at 1728MHz to 845mV. please let me know if my voltage is still somewhat higher. thanks. btw my phone is Vega Iron im870 same processor as htc one and sgs4 snapdragon 600 and i believe my issue was the vietnamese custom kernel wasnt finely tuned, every frequency goes up independently by default, some frequency may go offline mostly cpu2 and cpu3 so it seems odd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gradd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gradd Ad-Free
8th June 2019, 11:30 AM |#157  
best settings for s5 snapdragon internataion i cant find my psv bin number,
my phone is 70 degrees celsius hot, cant use it so can somebody please help me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)