FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Which htc one m8 PVS bin you have?

PVS0

10 Vote(s)
2.17%
PVS1

19 Vote(s)
4.13%
PVS2

10 Vote(s)
2.17%
PVS3

20 Vote(s)
4.35%
PVS4

17 Vote(s)
3.70%
PVS5

19 Vote(s)
4.13%
PVS6

37 Vote(s)
8.04%
PVS7

41 Vote(s)
8.91%
PVS8

51 Vote(s)
11.09%
PVS9

49 Vote(s)
10.65%
PVS10

45 Vote(s)
9.78%
PVS11

41 Vote(s)
8.91%
PVS12

34 Vote(s)
7.39%
PVS13

31 Vote(s)
6.74%
PVS14

16 Vote(s)
3.48%
PVS15

20 Vote(s)
4.35%

[GUIDE] Snapdragon 805/801/800/600 Clock & Voltage (PVS bin) guide

2,336 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,476

By HD2Owner, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th July 2014, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2014, 12:34 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Meknes-Rabat
Thanks Meter: 7,145

Donate to Me
More
PVS info are unavailable on the galaxy S5 and the command on the terminal emulator isn't working,with that in mind checking the PVS binning is done in this directory :

/sys/devices/system/soc/soc0/soc_pvs
The Following User Says Thank You to slaid480 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slaid480 Ad-Free

8th July 2014, 09:15 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasyeah

I am using elementalX with undervolt -45. The values I get from trickster mod do they take into account the undervolting of the kernel or is it something more global that trickster mod does not show?

The issue with elementalX is that the undervolt only works for the lowest clock value and doesn't apply for the rest. Check in Trickster Mod and you'll notice that it's only applied to 300MHz.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bartek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr_Bartek Ad-Free
8th July 2014, 10:32 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
also, even without root access, you could use adb bugreport >bugreport.txt then grep the file for infos.
On my note3 with Android 4.3 I don't get any Bin strings but ...
8th July 2014, 12:17 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Hmm I can't get over 2.4ghz.
Locks up. Although elemental voltages seem a lot lower than those cited in the document attached to this thread.

I do wonder, is kernel tweaker successfully amending voltages?

I tried to ramp the voltages up whilst in power saving mode, then disabled power saving mode, but it locks up and restarts.

I would of hoped 2.5ghz is easily attainable as I thought we had the same processor but clocked to a lower frequency compared to the S5 etc.

Would appreciate some help with oc'ing.
8th July 2014, 10:11 PM |#15  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I am PVS 12 and I've set the voltages specified in the spreadsheet with stock frequency and when I am running Antutu X, CORE 1 is stuck at 1%. I am not sure if this happens with default voltages too or if it's kernel related because I am running ElementalX 0.19. I've rebooted and I am trying to reproduce it now

EDIT: I've tested it with stock voltages, and I get the same problem. I am using Insertcoin ROM and the usage statistics of Insertcoin Control on the notifications(picture attached. Picture just shows the tool I am using. Not the moment when CORE1 locks.)
Picture

Is there a chance that it's not showing correct values for CORE1? Is there another app I can use to test the core usage while benchmarking?

EDIT2: I've found the problem. Everything works fine when I uninstall trickster and then restart. After I install trickster and run the benchmark, CORE1 locks at 1%-5% while others are 100%. I don't change any settings on trickster. Stock voltages and it does not even apply any settings on boot. If it is installed, no matter how many reboots I do, the problem persists. If I uninstall it and reboot, the problem is gone. I am really confused

EDIT3: Will it work if I change the UV_mV_table in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/cpufreq for each CPU Core? I want to change the voltage without Trickster because of the lock issue. Maybe we can make a flashable for each PVS that changes that file, so we don't have to use trickster
9th July 2014, 12:00 PM |#16  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Neuhausen am Rheinfall
Thanks Meter: 2,476

More
added some more infos and conclusions in first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to HD2Owner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HD2Owner Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 05:02 PM |#17  
Flag Bristol

More
Just an addition.
You can get the pvs number in HTC ONE M8 with:

Code:
su
cat /sys/module/clock_krait_8974/parameters/pvs_number
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreasyeah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andreasyeah Ad-Free
9th July 2014, 05:24 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:

Just an addition.
You can get the pvs number in HTC ONE M8 with:

Code:
su
cat /sys/module/clock_krait_8974/parameters/pvs_number

I am something doing wrong ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pvs.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	2842215  
9th July 2014, 06:23 PM |#19  
Flag Bristol

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onem8

I am something doing wrong ?

Are you doing this while in recovery or while it's booted up?
You can try to navigate to that path using a file explorer and see if it's actually there. Make sure you have a file explorer with root capabilities. If it's not there, I have no idea why! :P
9th July 2014, 06:49 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:

Are you doing this while in recovery or while it's booted up?
You can try to navigate to that path using a file explorer and see if it's actually there. Make sure you have a file explorer with root capabilities. If it's not there, I have no idea why! :P

This are the only files i have..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-09-19-48-17.png
Views:	726
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	2842339  
9th July 2014, 06:55 PM |#21  
Flag Bristol

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onem8

This are the only files i have..

I don't know why you don't have it but try this:

Code:
cat /sys/module/clock_krait_8974/parameters/table_name
That should give you, your pvs too if you can't find it using the OP's instructions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)