FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC One M8 Shows the following message (Pic)

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By LostMan1991, Junior Member on 23rd August 2017, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys,

My HTC One m8 (Sprint) shows this on the screen and refuse to hardr reset or do anything else. Do I have to install a new ROM ? if yes, which ROM can I install through SD card cause the phone isn't connecting to the computer.

Thanks guys,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile shot.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	4250313  

23rd August 2017, 05:49 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,163

More
Do you have custom recovery (TWRP) installed?

When you say "new ROM" do you mean a custom ROM, or do you want stock ROM (and for that matter, what was on there before it got "stuck")?

Do you want to try to keep data? If not, you can try to flash a Sprint RUU (and only a Sprint RUU), which may be the best course of action anyway, as it might fix the radio "INVALID" issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 06:04 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks for your reply.
No I don't have TWRP installed.
I don't want to keep the data.
I need the phone to work, so I would appreciate it if you advise me which ROM should I install?
Thanks.
23rd August 2017, 06:53 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor

More
You can flash RUU 4.25.651.14. Either SD card method should work, or the .exe method. Your computer should still be able to connect via fastboot (which is how the RUU.exe works), even though it can't access storage. This is normal and expected - you can only access storage or adb while booted to OS or custom recovery TWRP.

RUU file and instructions here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2729173

Alternately, you can update to Marshmallow with RUU 6.20.654.3, but you will need to fastboot flash firmware 6.20.654.3 before you can run the RUU. Instructions on flashing firmware also on the linked thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
23rd August 2017, 06:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 413

More
Before you flash anything else grab the latest sprint RUU for your device, as already mentioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to maultasche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maultasche Ad-Free
25th August 2017, 05:19 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

You can flash RUU 4.25.651.14. Either SD card method should work, or the .exe method. Your computer should still be able to connect via fastboot (which is how the RUU.exe works), even though it can't access storage. This is normal and expected - you can only access storage or adb while booted to OS or custom recovery TWRP.

RUU file and instructions here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2729173

Alternately, you can update to Marshmallow with RUU 6.20.654.3, but you will need to fastboot flash firmware 6.20.654.3 before you can run the RUU. Instructions on flashing firmware also on the linked thread.

I downloaded the RUU that fits the number showed on the phone 4.25.654.14 on the computer and after few seconds it gave me error 171.
So I downloaded the zip file and put it on the SD card and it failed as shown in the picture attached below
Can you please advise what to do next?
Also : is there a software I can use to install the new ROM instead of the RUU.exe and Zip on SD ?
Thanks a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC Fail.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	4252276  
5th September 2017, 02:44 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor

More
Did you do anything to the phone to cause the current condition?

I would suggest trying other Spring RUUs, such as 3.31.654.2 or 6.20.654.3

Error 171 is connection issue, which you already somewhat mentioned in the top post. Connection issue is usually on the PC side. Try another USB port, another cable. Reinstall HTC drivers. Make sure the phone is in fastboot mode (fastboot selected in bootloader) when trying to do fastboot commands or RUU.exe.

You may also try to find the device in Windows Device Manager. Then pick the option to manually select drivers, and select the "generic" Android MTP device drivers. I sometimes have to do this, for my PC to "see" the phone in fastboot or adb.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)