Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2017, 07:43 AM |#21  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 55

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

You're talking about a couple different things now.

First of all, the Sprint M8 already supports some (not all) LTE bands, out of the box, with no modification. Maybe the bands supported (there are many used by various carriers worldwide) are not the ones required by your local carrier. Or even if it supports the proper bands, that is no guarantee you will have LTE service on your local carrier; due to carrier specific deployments of LTE. From what I've seen, LTE support on various carriers is very tricky and there is no consistency (even when the device supports the proper LTE bands).

I'm fairly certain that some folks on here have had success getting LTE to work on their local networks on the CDMA M8 (at least Verizon). But your results will vary depending on your local carrier and the factors just mentioned. Plus, the Sprint version seems more locked down than the Verizon M8, so yet more complications there.

Second, what you did trying to convert the Sprint M8 (which you did not previously mention, and a completely separate matter) by flashing RUU, firmware, or radio from any other M8 version is definitely impossible, as you mentioned due to hardware differences; in addition to different radios, different partitioning, and different kernels. This is simply the wrong way to try to change band support on a CDMA version M8; which will not work and may (as you know) possibly lead to a radio brick (and sometimes a permanent radio brick).

There are some possible mods to modify band support on the CDMA variants. However, your results again may vary. In particular, it seems the Sprint version is not particularly compatible with such mods. But here they are, in any case. As always, proceed at your own risk, if you so decide to. And only after reading through the threads and understanding properly :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...phone-t2880239
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...w-gsm-t3303812

thanks sir for reply

25th March 2017, 11:48 AM |#22  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 3

More
All the ramblings aside, has anyone confirmed if OP's method actually works?
25th March 2017, 02:05 PM |#23  
Flag mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnz

All the ramblings aside, has anyone confirmed if OP's method actually works?

wana try but method so hard !!
28th March 2017, 04:59 PM |#24  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Can confirm, flashed the AT&T RUU on my Indian M8, and VoLTE now works.
The Following User Says Thank You to n1234d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n1234d Ad-Free
29th March 2017, 04:14 AM |#25  
Flag Mumbai

More
Now there's the minor issue of no other custom ROM supporting this, and no current AT&T based custom/debloated ROM :/. Still though, can't really complain
29th March 2017, 12:14 PM |#26  
Flag mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d

good share the link of AT&T RUU
29th March 2017, 02:33 PM |#27  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,812

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJammer

good share the link of AT&T RUU

All the AT&T RUUs are linked here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2751432

Keep in mind that the AT&T stock ROM is full of ATT crappy bloat apps, ATT branding, and carrier imposed limitations (no WiFi hotspot/tethering being on of the most important ones). I personally can't stand the AT&T stock ROMs. But if this is what needs to be done for VoLTE, and you really want that, so be it.

Also be aware you need s-off and to change CID (AT&T CID or SuperCID) in order to flash an AT&T RUU.

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:

Now there's the minor issue of no other custom ROM supporting this, and no current AT&T based custom/debloated ROM :/. Still though, can't really complain

Root will allow you to easily debloat, as well as remove a good number of the other crappy ATT "carrier customizations".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
30th March 2017, 05:20 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yes! VoLTE working
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzzzzzz

As the title says, anybody got VoLTE enabled in M8 ?

I have tried almost all RUU including Developer Edition RUU,Indian RUU etc .None of the ROM doest support VoLTE.

Any suggestions to enable?

Indian rom does not support VoLTE but might be work the AT&T rom as mine is 32gb version non-indian its a AT&T so gys u can install AT&T version and set the radio brand...it might be worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to rahulsworld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rahulsworld Ad-Free
31st March 2017, 10:52 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsworld

Indian rom does not support VoLTE but might be work the AT&T rom as mine is 32gb version non-indian its a AT&T so gys u can install AT&T version and set the radio brand...it might be worked.

I have already confirmed the volte is working in at&t rom bro..! I found it a month ago and posted here for others
4th April 2017, 10:57 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Jio sim doesnt work even after converting to at&t rom
Quote:

I have s-off and flashed the at&t ruu and i can confirm the jio sim still doesnt work in my htc one m8.
I dont get any network also after inserting the sim...... But there is an option for enabling volte in this rom.
But main problem is that my one m8 doesnt show jio in network operators search.

Previously also when i was in some custom rom, jio sim doesnt show any network signal.

So my advice for anyone who wants to s-off and install at&t rom, first check whether you are getting jio signal in your phone.

If someone has any solution please suggest me...... I have spent 25$ to s-off just for this purpose.
5th April 2017, 12:41 AM |#31  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasatyam

I have s-off and flashed the at&t ruu and i can confirm the jio sim still doesnt work in my htc one m8.
I dont get any network also after inserting the sim...... But there is an option for enabling volte in this rom.
But main problem is that my one m8 doesnt show jio in network operators search.

Previously also when i was in some custom rom, jio sim doesnt show any network signal.

So my advice for anyone who wants to s-off and install at&t rom, first check whether you are getting jio signal in your phone.

If someone has any solution please suggest me...... I have spent 25$ to s-off just for this purpose.

Do you have a CDMA or GSM m8?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc one m8, jio, reliance jio, volte

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)