Recently Google updated the Play Store to version 5.5.12 and HTC users on M7, M8 and M9 have all experienced intermittent errors when downloading from the Play Store. If you've encountered an error code 963 / 907, please read on.
The following is a bug report capturing the output from the Google Play store upon reaching this error. The below was tested while downloading the game: "Monument Valley"
05-25 14:37:38.975 6239 6239 D Finsky :  DownloadImpl.setState: com.ustwo.monumentvalley from DOWNLOADING to SUCCESS.
05-25 14:37:38.975 6239 6239 D Finsky :  DownloadQueueImpl.onComplete: com.ustwo.monumentvalley: onComplete
05-25 14:37:38.975 6239 6239 D Finsky :  DownloadQueueImpl.remove: Download com.ustwo.monumentvalley removed from DownloadQueue
05-25 14:37:38.975 6239 6239 D Finsky :  InstallerTask.startCopyFromDownload: Prepare to copy com.ustwo.monumentvalley (com.ustwo.monumentvalley) from content://downloads/my_downloads/119 (expect 18533747 bytes)
05-25 14:37:38.985 6239 6310 E Finsky :  PackageInstallerImpl.getStream: Can't open session for com.ustwo.monumentvalley
05-25 14:37:38.985 6239 6310 W Finsky :  7.doInBackground: IOException while copying com.ustwo.monumentvalley (com.ustwo.monumentvalley): java.io.IOException
05-25 14:37:38.995 4963 4963 V Herrevad: NQAS connected
05-25 14:37:38.995 6239 6239 E Finsky :  7.onPostExecute: Error while copying download for com.ustwo.monumentvalley (com.ustwo.monumentvalley). isExternal=false isGzip=false
I was able to rid myself of the errors above by performing the following steps (*Note I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone, this is still work in progress)
- 1) Clear the application Cache / Data for the Google Play Store and Google Play Services through the Application Manager in Settings.
- 2) Reopen the Play Store, navigate to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the page, if you're on build 5.5.12, you're OK to proceed. If your device is on an older revision, please wait a bit until the Play Store automatically pushes the latest build to your device.
- 3) Navigate to Settings -> Storage and select: "Unmount SD Card"
- 4) Navigate back to the Play Store and attempt to download updates, or any other application /game you were previously having issues downloading.
- 5) Observe the results, if the problem goes away, great! If not, try physically taking the SD card out of your device, rebooting and following all of the above steps in order.
If you're still encountering Error 963 after unmounting your microsd card this is generally due to the incomplete binary blob files (*.obb) residing on the device's internal storage. To correct this, please follow step #1, then go back into the Play Store and attempt to re-download the application in question.
*NOTE* The above fix has been tested on a Verizon M8 on 5.0.1 and a Verizon M9 on 5.0.2 stock firmware.
- Google is in the process of collecting bug reports and presumably working on a fix. If you've been affected by this bug, please contact Google Tech Support by clicking HERE. The more people that report this the quicker a fix will be issued.
- It's been confirmed that this bug isn't specific to HTC devices, it's also been reported on the Samsung platform.
Please reply back with results, thanks for stopping by!