Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Google Play 4.4.4 - fastboot boot

338 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By croques, Senior Member on 1st July 2014, 09:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've just taken the 4.4.4 OTA update and it went on fine. I've just tried to boot a recovery image with fastboot and it simply rebooted the phone.

Code:
fastboot boot philz_touch_6.26.6-m8.img
responds with
Code:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.277s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.016s]
finished. total time: 1.294s
and then just boot as normal after a delay of 5 or 6 seconds. Do I need a special recovery for the GPE?

1st July 2014, 09:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 562

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by croques

I've just taken the 4.4.4 OTA update and it went on fine. I've just tried to boot a recovery image with fastboot and it simply rebooted the phone.

Code:
fastboot boot philz_touch_6.26.6-m8.img
responds with
Code:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  1.277s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.016s]
finished. total time: 1.294s
and then just boot as normal after a delay of 5 or 6 seconds. Do I need a special recovery for the GPE?

Have you tried the newest version of Philz Touch? philz_touch_6.43.6-m8.img See if maybe it works better. If it still doesn't boot maybe discuss the issue in the official thread [m8][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch see if Phil can help you with a solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BerndM14 Ad-Free
1st July 2014, 09:49 AM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,017

More
Can you flash the image? If so, it could be that boot is disabled on the GPe (which would be weird but not unheard of with HTC phones)
1st July 2014, 09:54 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Solved
Appears I was using a recovery image that was too old. Once philz_touch_6.26.6-m8.img was replaced with the latest philz_touch_6.43.6-m8.img it all worked fine.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to croques For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift croques Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastboot, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)