Help with s-off and ota

Search This thread

alyoshka_al

Aug 21, 2014
S-ON and just no going OFF

OK, Firstly guys I'm new (Brand New) to posting here, though have been reading quiet a bit here....So please forgive me if I happen to be jumping the OPs thread, but, it's the same problem, just slightly different .
Bought my M8 about 2 weeks ago, of course I didn't know that it was locked or all the locks happen to be on inside.
Ok so the piece is from abroad, namely and most probably Hong Kong.
The CID is HTC__622. And I am not getting the 4.4.3 Update in the phone... so I decided to check the specs.
Here they are:
Android Ver:4.4.2
HTC Sense : 6.0
Software #1.60.708.2
SDK API Level: 6.17
Kernel:3.4.0-ga23aecband@ABM102#1
SMP PREEMPT
Baseband:1.16.21331831.A16G_20.33.4128.04L
Build#1.60.708.2 CL341824

Now for what all I have already done with this amazing thing:
Unlocked the Bootloader But S-ON still hangs on
Rooted The dev
Tried Write CID..... didn't work.....
Tried S-OFF (First Firewater, then firewater , then firewater, then revone,)
Now the carrier is HTC-HK-CHT.... that seem to be a Honk Kong China Mobile or Chinese Telecom carrier

After this, I sort of installed the Harmon/Kardon crap, just 'cos it looked good.... though I believe Boomsound was better.... Mistake.

After going through quiet a few of the paes here I decided to download the Revolutio HD 10.2 and the ViperOneM8.... am going to most probably flash the dev with revHD 10.2 later today....

But I still don't know if I'll be able to get a default/standard ROM for the dev and flash it on later. The reason being if I wanted to go back to stock ever but not the Honk Kong Stock ROM, the more Indian version....lol.

So what do you guys think I ought to do and what is it that I ain't sharing with ya???
Also my Bootloader, says "Tampered" and "Unlocked"
But no Radio Ver.... something along the lines of INVALID_VER and OpenDSP INVALID_Ver_INFO

OK... Got the Bootloader Screen here

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
M8_UL PVT SHIP S-0N
HBOOT-3.16.0.0000
RADIO-INVALID_VER_INFO
OpenDSP-INVALID_VER_INFO
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
May 20 2014,19:54:36.0

Cool... that's a hell of a lot of typing but shucks, I hope you can help me out..

MAhtc

Apr 5, 2014
Do you have to create that folder, it's not on mine, also I have tried numerous times to do the recovery and it doesn't work

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Is that twrp/backups.... So on supposed to be there ? I don't see it

Yes it is supposed to.

If TWRP doesn't recognize it, delete all folders in the backup folder on your SD or exSD (wherever your TWRP folder is on your phone.

Then boot into TWRP and perform a backup. This creates the /Backups/Hxxxxxx/BackupnameFolder. Boot up and copy the unzipped backup you downloaded into the "Hxxxxxxx" folder. Attention: the "BackupnameFolder" has to be the last subfolder!

If you extract a ZIP you often get "BackupnameFolder/BackupnameFolder/BackupFiles. Just the bold part hast to be copied into the "Hxxxxx" folder on you phone.

After this reboot to recovery again. Press "Restore" and TWRP should find the backup.

MAhtc

Apr 5, 2014
Yes it is supposed to.

If TWRP doesn't recognize it, delete all folders in the backup folder on your SD or exSD (wherever your TWRP folder is on your phone.

Then boot into TWRP and perform a backup. This creates the /Backups/Hxxxxxx/BackupnameFolder. Boot up and copy the unzipped backup you downloaded into the "Hxxxxxxx" folder. Attention: the "BackupnameFolder" has to be the last subfolder!

If you extract a ZIP you often get "BackupnameFolder/BackupnameFolder/BackupFiles. Just the bold part hast to be copied into the "Hxxxxx" folder on you phone.

After this reboot to recovery again. Press "Restore" and TWRP should find the backup.

well so far phone is back to stock from what I can tell, harmon kardon is gone, everything else is stock, but when you go into software and more info, kernel says still rooted

still wont do ota

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
So that I dont create a new thread.. My question is easy... so I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this..

I have pure stock rom and recovery S-On, 1.36.. HTC_001 and Im not getting the update either.

All I want to do is manually apply the update..

I have the zip file

OTA_M8_UL_K44_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_2.22.401.5-1.54.401.10_release_387486.zip\

Do I need s-off to apply it and how do i apply it please :)

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
well so far phone is back to stock from what I can tell, harmon kardon is gone, everything else is stock, but when you go into software and more info, kernel says still rooted

still wont do ota

That's the stock kernel. The original kernel has the word ROOT in it :)

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
You have a log file ? It could be the rom (not stock enough) or should there be a preload folder in the rom that's deleted when you unlocked it maybe ?

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Oh ok, well still no luck

What is your CID now ?

BM___001 has OTA
SASKT001 doesn't have OTA yet I guess

SuperCID should have one

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

So that I dont create a new thread.. My question is easy... so I hope you dont mind me jumping in on this..

I have pure stock rom and recovery S-On, 1.36.. HTC_001 and Im not getting the update either.

I have the zip file

You can't manually install the OTA.zip with S-On, only S-Off

But

You can update the firmware to 2.22.401.5 with S-On then restore a 2.22.401.5 backup to complete the process .. you'll have a stock 2.22.401.5 ROM with 2.22.401.5 firmware. (another workaround to get to the latest)

Reactions: NightOrchid

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
What is your CID now ?

BM___001 has OTA

SuperCID should have one

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

But

You can update the firmware to 2.22.401.5 with S-On then restore a 2.22.401.5 backup to complete the process .. you'll have a stock 2.22.401.5 ROM with 2.22.401.5 firmware. (another workaround to get to the latest)

Thanks for the reply friend, but the 2.22 update has just popped up on my device this morning.. ill remember this for future updates though.. Thanks.

MAhtc

Apr 5, 2014
Cid is saskt001, and my it's pops up or I can manually grab it, but it Won't.install saying I have a modified version of software installed, which my guess is the bell stock recovery is different.then sasktel, and I don't.have sasktel backup software, I contacted htc, and.the dev department.is supposed to phone me back with how to install stock software,

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Cid is saskt001, and my it's pops up or I can manually grab it, but it Won't.install saying I have a modified version of software installed, which my guess is the bell stock recovery is different.then sasktel, and I don't.have sasktel backup software, I contacted htc, and.the dev department.is supposed to phone me back with how to install stock software,

Modified version usually means you have a wrong MID, nothing to do with the recovery. You are supposed to have MID 0P6B16000.

Boot to bootloader/fastboot and run command fastboot getvar mid
check and tell whether it is 0P6B16000 or you changed that before when your device was S-Off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh ok, well still no luck

What is your CID now ?

BM___001 has OTA

SuperCID should have one

I have the zip file

But