FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP THREAD] HTC One M8 - Ask any questions here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,274

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 7th October 2014, 03:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So you came to find help with your HTC One M8?Well, this is your thread!

I was surprised to see that a help thread hadn't been created in this forum yet (especially considering it's usually one of the first threads created in a device forum). Due to that, I thought it would be a good idea to set this up

Hello new user and welcome to XDA-Developers. We are a developer’s forum, with the purpose of development. Our work can be used in several ways, and, we know that sometimes it could help you. So, in order to maintain our forums clean and properly organized, maintaining a proper development environment while at the same time to give you a chance to join our forums, we created this thread.

This thread is for sensible questions from new or inexpert users. If you think your question may be a little basic for the wild Q&A forum then this is the place to ask it.

Here you shall find an atmosphere free of prejudice, where we will try to help you in your problem, answer your most basic questions and aid you on troubleshooting your device. We know that learning all the technicalities takes time, however they are necessary in order to interact with us.

Bare in mind that we are not technical support, we do not work for any company or get paid to help, we are just independent developers gathered in a community called XDA-Developers. Therefore all we will do is guide you into troubleshooting your device yourself, but under no circumstance we are abided to do so.

We want you to become the kind of user we see as productive to a developer’s community, and why not?, to be a developer yourself!

Note to General users:
This is a chance for more advanced users to “give back” to XDA-Developers the knowledge we have gathered together in a decade of development. This is a thread to behave in a tolerant way, taking into consideration that the user posting queries might have never even heard words such as “adb” or “ROM", so, if you are not willing to be helpful, I kindly invite you to browse into another thread.

Before asking a question in this thread, I suggest reading through the HTC One M8 Frequently Asked Questions as it's possible that your question may have already been answered in that thread

Moderators will not tolerate "flaming" or "trolling" in this thread as it is specifically provided for those who are still learning the basics.. We will delete and sanction without warning any post that show intention other than to help the new user.

As you may notice, I kanged this thread layout from @D.O.C from the M7 help thread. Thanks sir
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
7th October 2014, 11:47 AM |#2  
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 3,715

More
Great Idea mate!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exocetdj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift exocetdj Ad-Free
Darth
8th October 2014, 06:40 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome! Subscribed. 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
8th October 2014, 07:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
SIM card and IMEI issues after converting to GPE
Hello everyone!

So I just bought an asian HTC one M8 developer edition from a friend and I wish I couldnt be more happy, but Im facing some issues and I hope you could help me!

I converted my HTC dev to a GPE by flashing the RUU. Before that my SIM card and network worked just fine.
But now my baseband, network, IMEI etc are all shown by "unknown" and dont work.

I actually found a forum where someone had virtually the same issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...8-sim-t2810468
But while he was able to fix it by flashing a radio image of his device's original CID, that same image doesnt appear to be available anymore! (i have the same original CID as the case mentioned).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2736921

Right now I have super CID (11111111) and my radio shows up as 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G

my original CID was BS_US002

Does anybody knows if i have to find and flash my orginal's CID radio image, or is there any other way around...

Please help me guys! xDD
thanks in advance
8th October 2014, 11:13 AM |#5  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK

Donate to Me
More
@rafael.trad From looking at the OP of the radio thread, there's a couple of files showing under BS_US002 (quoted below):
Quote:

Developer Edition (BS_US002):
1.15.2133156.UA03_2G RADIO.IMG Thanks Kiwiandy!
1.16.21331931.LA11G_20.31A.4145.02L RADIO.IMG Thanks winner00!

Have you tried either of those 2 yet to see if it'll fix your issue?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
8th October 2014, 05:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCarter93

@rafael.trad From looking at the OP of the radio thread, there's a couple of files showing under BS_US002 (quoted below):

Have you tried either of those 2 yet to see if it'll fix your issue?

I have tried them. But those two files are actually the only ones I can't open.
When i click on any of them it opens a Dropbox page with an error (404), saying that the files are no longer there. =/
8th October 2014, 06:48 PM |#7  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael.trad

I have tried them. But those two files are actually the only ones I can't open.
When i click on any of them it opens a Dropbox page with an error (404), saying that the files are no longer there. =/

I probably should've checked those links before posting that

Try the following dev edition radio posted by donmarkoni - http://www.mediafire.com/?7i0jz8axi77ic06
The Following User Says Thank You to KidCarter93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KidCarter93 Ad-Free
9th October 2014, 06:46 AM |#8  
Flag springdale
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Hello guys. I've been googling around why I can't root or unlock boot loader on my HTC one model id 0P6B12000. BS_US001 from what I understand it's the at&t dev edition. I've tried everything from towel root to sunshine to HTC dev unlock. Nothing works. Root fails, sunshine reboots, HTC unlock token is successful but does not unlock. Fastboot oem unlock returns err. Any ideas? Am I missing something?
9th October 2014, 04:39 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem. Flashed the unlock token and I unlocked the bootloader, but when I reboot into fastboot, it still says it is locked.
10th October 2014, 01:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
HTC Sync Manager
Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere, but I couldn't find an answer.

I have ViperOne up and running on my phone. Since I loaded it, HTC Sync Manager canont see my phone. When I plug my phone in, Android File Transfer Tool opens.

I saw another thread where they said you have to turn off fast charging. That leads me to another potential issue. The guide for ViperOne says that option is under kernels. The only thing I have listed under kernels is "Apply Kernel Settings On Boot." I don't see any of the other options.
11th October 2014, 01:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Exclamation Htc one m8 without OS trying to install viper
Hey XDA'ers

few days ago I tried to reset my phone to stock settings and I had stock Rom and everything on except it was rooted and I had twrp on it.
I accidently wiped everything on my phone including the OS itself and thats what you call having a soft bricked phone i think
cause I can still turn in on and enter Bootloader and TWRP.
so I looked everywhere on the internet for the Stock Htc one m8 OS ROM and found nothing at all but lookalikes etc so I searched through some the ROMS and found viper. I have downloaded ViperOne and put it on my SDcard i dont know if im supposed to have S-off to use viper ? or if im supposed to have stock OS and apply Viper to that ? but after successful installation it Reboots and enters Bootloader instantly everythime i turn it on I used to have to turn phone on and hold power button plus volume up then down to enter bootloader but now it just goes straight into that. ive wiped all data chache everything except SDcard
many times and tried to reinstall viper after deleting everything again but with no luck

i have Ruu for my model but my pc doesnt recognize my phone and i have tried sideloading stock rom and GApps but my phone still boots into bootloader when i turn it on

i will apreciate it alot if any one could help me since i have no other phone and my Htc one m8 is pretty new
Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)