Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP] Wifi always turned off

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By NoIP, Junior Member on 13th March 2018, 04:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a HTC M8 Sprint version, after 2 years the eMMC was corrupted (can't write new data and restart every time when I turn it ON). I have replaced the old eMMC with the new one, running stock ROM 4.4.2 (fully backed up now), the problem is when I unlock bootloader, flash custom recovery (TWRP twrp-3.2.1-0-m8) and flash new custom ROM (ViperOneM8_6.1.0) my wifi always turned to OFF. I think this is firmware problem and I need to flash new firmware for Marshmallow but I can't find the correct firmware, something changed after eMMC was replaced, now it's look like T-Mobile MID. My getvar all info:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.19.21331147A1.16G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.11.708.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA46MWMxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: c802cb02
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.068s
Bootloader info:

eMMC-boot 2048MB
Sep 2 20144,16:18:23.2
Please help me to get wifi working back.
Thanks in advanced.
15th March 2018, 02:30 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,414
Originally Posted by NoIP

something changed after eMMC was replaced, now it's look like T-Mobile MID.

(bootloader) version-main: 2.11.708.2
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B13000

The info (configuration) is all kinds of mixed up. Yes, it has the T-Mobile US Model ID (MID), but has Asia firmware (2.11.708.2) installed. All on a Sprint device (except for emmc as you described).

I'm a little scared about flashing firmware to this device. Usually flashing any other (non-Sprint) firmware to a Sprint M8 will result in a radio brick. And I'm not sure that just changing the emmc changes that. It was never fully resolved that I saw, but some folks stated that the Sprint and Verizon M8 had different antenna layout due to their CDMA support (other reports claimed the hardware was the same).

Your firmware is definitely out of date (Kitkat) and that is known to cause the WiFi problem with newer (anything newer than Kitkat based) ROMs. But again, I don't know what is going to happen when you flash a firmware with the configuration you have. If you are willing to live with the consequences (brick) you can try to flash a Marshmallow firmware. If I were you, I would try some "GSM" M8 firmware that is appropriate for your region (as firmware changed specific band support) and that can be Asia, Euro, T-Mob US, etc.

Obviously, you take fully responsibility for whatever happens when you flash firmware. But considering what you've done so far, I'd say we're already past that; and for that matter way, beyond the point of no return!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 03:38 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
Thanks for your answer. I've changed MID to Sprint for MM stock ROM (RUU_M8_WHL_M60_SENSE70_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_6.20.65 1.3) but failed, back to T-Mobile US MID for MM stock ROM (RUU_M8_UL_M60_SENSE70_MR_TMOUS_6.20.531.5) and got failed too. Do I need to relock bootloader for stock ROM while still have S-Off?
Or I have to change MID to Asia HK firmware first, then flash Asia firmware (2.11.708.2) > stock Asia RUU (KK) > OTA/stock Asia RUU (MM)? I'm not sure it will work on Sprint CDMA device as GSM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread