FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Htc failed md5 with no os no back up twrp update

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Qrsimon, Junior Member on 9th June 2018, 08:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update twrp within twrp is the goal. I am new to this, very new.

I am downloading from a different phone to my sd-card wich I then switch into the htc.

1How many files do I need to download on to my sd card? The twrp image, the md5 file and maybe a signature? Where do I need to look out for?

2 where can I get the right twrp download, right now it's version 2.7 something, 2.7.0.3 I think.

After this I am searching for a stock operating system. I thought to use roodjunky. Many files though wich I can't make any sense of. I can spot the .img file but thats it..

Help please!

Update
I am trying to use adb commands with my phone to update twrp/and put an os on it. So far no succes but it is connected. Connection tested with command "adb devices".

I'll keep trying to get the phone working.

11th June 2018, 02:54 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,516

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrsimon

Update twrp within twrp is the goal.

Updating TWRP within TWRP requires v2.8.4 or later already installed, as clearly stated on the official TWRP website: https://twrp.me/htc/htconem8gsm.html

Quote:

I am trying to use adb commands with my phone to update twrp/and put an os on it. So far no succes but it is connected. Connection tested with command "adb devices".

For flashing TWRP, it isn't adb you want, it is fastboot. adb and fastboot are related, but 2 different things. For fastboot to work, you want to be on the bootloader screen (not TWRP or OS) with "fastboot USB" selected. Then use the command to test: fastboot devices

Keep in mind, what TWRP version you update to, depends on what OS version you are trying to restore. What OS number does it indicate on the bootloader screen (or if blank, what hboot number and what radio number?).

If you can get fastboot working, do fastboot getvar all, then post the output (delete IMEI and serial number) so we can see more info about the device.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:

After this I am searching for a stock operating system. I thought to use roodjunky. Many files though wich I can't make any sense of. I can spot the .img file but thats it..

That is one main reason I discourage folks using these random "root" websites (unless you know it is correct and reputable), and/or following YouTube videos to mod your phone. These things almost always are lacking a lot of critical nuance and detail. And they show you just enough to get yourself into trouble, without the proper tools or knowledge to get out of that trouble.

XDA is the best place for knowledge about custom recovery, root, etc. Not only is all the info you need on here, but we have a healthy active community, that is willing to help you when you have troubles or questions.

Case in point, the stock TWRP backup OS files are all right here, sticky thread at the top of this forum section: https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...-twrp-t3086860
11th June 2018, 05:41 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

? The twrp image, the md5 file and maybe a signature? Where do I need to look out for?

You should disable MD5 and signature checking when flashing TWRP. But that is irrelevant flashing with fastboot, anyway (which you have to do, as mentioned).
12th June 2018, 07:26 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
fastboot getvar all
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Updating TWRP within TWRP requires v2.8.4 or later already installed, as clearly stated on the official TWRP website: https://twrp.me/htc/htconem8gsm.html

For flashing TWRP, it isn't adb you want, it is fastboot. adb and fastboot are related, but 2 different things. For fastboot to work, you want to be on the bootloader screen (not TWRP or OS) with "fastboot USB" selected. Then use the command to test: fastboot devices

Keep in mind, what TWRP version you update to, depends on what OS version you are trying to restore. What OS number does it indicate on the bootloader screen (or if blank, what hboot number and what radio number?).

If you can get fastboot working, do fastboot getvar all, then post the output (delete IMEI and serial number) so we can see more info about the device.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

That is one main reason I discourage folks using these random "root" websites (unless you know it is correct and reputable), and/or following YouTube videos to mod your phone. These things almost always are lacking a lot of critical nuance and detail. And they show you just enough to get yourself into trouble, without the proper tools or knowledge to get out of that trouble.

XDA is the best place for knowledge about custom recovery, root, etc. Not only is all the info you need on here, but we have a healthy active community, that is willing to help you when you have troubles or questions.

Case in point, the stock TWRP backup OS files are all right here, sticky thread at the top of this forum section: https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...-twrp-t3086860

outcome: "fastboot getvar all"

adb server version (31) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>fastb
oot devices
HT44JWM01035 fastboot

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>fastb
oot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4.0.U605611@50319A
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul_ca
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B12000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 205bdca3
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
Finished. Total time: 0.113s
12th June 2018, 08:02 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I succesfully updated twrp to 2.8.3.0. It's not the 2.8.4.0 but it was my goal to make an update anyway. I was able to make this change through you, thanks! Stock os marshmallow is next~
12th June 2018, 08:18 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor

More
You have the US AT&T version M8. When you say you want the stock OS, do you mean you want the AT&T branded stock ROM, or something unbranded?

If you want the AT&T branded OS, then easiest way is to use the RUU (ROM update utility). Simply download to PC (PC required), connect phone to PC, and run the RUU executable, which will walk you through the rest.

RUU will wipe everything on the phone, so plan accordingly as needed.

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_M...669.1469710847
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
12th June 2018, 10:35 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

You have the US AT&T version M8. When you say you want the stock OS, do you mean you want the AT&T branded stock ROM, or something unbranded?

If you want the AT&T branded OS, then easiest way is to use the RUU (ROM update utility). Simply download to PC (PC required), connect phone to PC, and run the RUU executable, which will walk you through the rest.

RUU will wipe everything on the phone, so plan accordingly as needed.

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_M...669.1469710847

It's non responsive atm when running ruu wizzard. Stuck at updating logo with no bar status. Ehm it keeps saying sending on my laptop screen. Something I missed?
12th June 2018, 10:45 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It's non responsive atm when running ruu wizzard. Stuck at updating logo with no bar status. Ehm it keeps saying sending on my laptop screen. Something I missed?

i can't really communicate with the phone but I got this:

oot
fastboot: usage: no command

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>reboo
t fastboot
reboot wordt niet herkend als een interne
of externe opdracht, programma of batchbestand.

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>adb c
onnect devices
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
unable to connect to devices:5555: cannot resolve host 'devices' and port 5555:
Host is onbekend. (11001)

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>reboo
t fastboot
12th June 2018, 11:03 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

oot

t fastboot

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>adb c
onnect devices
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
unable to connect to devices:5555: cannot resolve host 'devices' and port 5555:
Host is onbekend. (11001)

t fastboot

it says so 6.20.502.5 but does not load any os
12th June 2018, 11:22 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

It runs openrecoveryscript when the phone restarts.
13th June 2018, 03:33 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>fastboot

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>reboot fastboot

The PC can communicate with the phone just fine. You were able to do fastboot devices (returned phone ID) and fastboot getvar all. The problem is the command quoted above are not valid fastboot commands. Did you see these somewhere, as it seems like you just made them up (you can't do that)!

So is this correct: you have the phone connected to PC in fastboot-bootloader mode, then you run the RUU executable on the PC, the phone goes to black screen with HTC logo, but no progress bar (just freezes)? This is the type of detail you should supply from the start, otherwise we waste time having to guess or ask you questions on what exactly happened.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote:

C:\Users\Jan Jacob\Documents\platform-tools_r28.0.0-windows\platform-tools>adb connect devices

You can't run fastboot and adb commands at the same time, by definition. adb commands only work when the phone is booted to OS, or alternately they will work in TWRP. Fastboot commands only work when the phone is in bootloader-fastboot mode, and adb command will not work at that time.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:

Having on OS listed on the bootloader screen, and version-main on getvar all, simply means that firmware is installed (hboot, radio baseband, etc.). The OS (system partition) can be wiped or corrupted/damaged, and it will still say an OS version number.

So you need to restore system partition, as you already figured from the start. But since the AT&T version has RUU tool, it is not typical for stock TWRP backup to be posted on these forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)