FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Officially The end of htc m8 no nougat 7.0 update

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By znayver, Senior Member on 25th August 2016, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The rumors are true – HTC has confirmed to TechRadar the One M8 will not receive Android 7 Nougat software. In a statement to TechRadar a spokesperson for HTC said, "The HTC One M8 is outside of the update window, so it is not currently slated to receive Nougat.It will continue to receive critical security fixes as necessary and some HTC apps will continue to receive updates direct from Google Play
This news is froum techradar
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...nougat-1327151

25th August 2016, 07:55 PM |#2  
Flag Tartu
Thanks Meter: 3

More
But what about the GPE?
25th August 2016, 08:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag fes

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by u-wot-m8

But what about the GPE?

I dont think it will be updated i have no idea.but 90% no update
26th August 2016, 12:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Meh, we already knew marshmallow was the last official big update for m8 for a long time now.
26th August 2016, 03:05 AM |#5  
Flag Ha Noi
Thanks Meter: 126

More
It's not HTC's fault. It's Qualcomm. They don't release the Graphics Driver that supports Vulkan API for the 800/801 chipsets.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

However. Android Nougat don't need Vulkan to function. You should see the unofficial ports of Nougat from the devs
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristopherXI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChristopherXI Ad-Free
26th August 2016, 06:33 PM |#6  
Flag London

More
it would still be nice to have it if for nothing else but the power savings (assuming it takes over the running of openGL written games).
27th August 2016, 08:29 AM |#7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Really wished Google would support devices for 3 years, 2 years is really short. The M8 GPE with the 801 is still very fast and smooth.
29th August 2016, 05:56 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,221

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexi250

Really wished Google would support devices for 3 years, 2 years is really short.

Its not up to Google, its up to the individual device manufacturer.

Sure, it would be nice if HTC supported the device longer. But HTC did good by this phone, 2 years is a decent run. Especially since it was largely a financial decision; and HTC is in dire straits financially.

In contrast, Samsung abandoned my Tab Pro 8.4 almost at birth (around the same time the M8 was released), since it didn't sell well enough (whatever that is). A couple minor bug fix patches, but it never even got a single major update; and never made it past KitKat that it deployed with.
10th October 2016, 06:59 AM |#9  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 231

More
"It will continue to receive critical security updates", says htc. What a joke. I'm still on the 12-2015 security patch.
Shame on you, HTC!
10th October 2016, 07:22 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badelhas

"It will continue to receive critical security updates", says htc. What a joke. I'm still on the 12-2015 security patch.
Shame on you, HTC!

Yes, HTC hasn't done too hot releasing the monthly security patches, however, I was surprised we got Marshallow at all, so I'm not complaining too hard.

Some devices never get a single update at all. The M8 started life with Kit Kat and ended on Marshmallow, which is pretty rare for any non-Nexus Android device.
10th October 2016, 07:27 AM |#11  
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshamlet

Yes, HTC hasn't done too hot releasing the monthly security patches, however, I was surprised we got Marshallow at all, so I'm not complaining too hard.

Some devices never get a single update at all. The M8 started life with Kit Kat and ended on Marshmallow, which is pretty rare for any non-Nexus Android device.

Yeah but remember that Lollipop was buggy and we didn't get another update fixing any of that for a whole year.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)