FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Which RUU can i flash?

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By xexux, Member on 4th February 2018, 03:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, I had a marshmallow update on my phone, and later i converted into GPE, but didn't like it. Went back to Sense, but it just doesn't feel as good as before. One day, the battery died, and when i tried turning it on, it would give me all sorts of errors. This never happened while i was on marshmallow before conversion to GPE. Had to reset it from the recovery. I think it hasn't returned to Sense properly.

As i am S-Off, i was thinking of flashing it with a RUU which is compatible with my device. Please suggest me which is compatible.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.29.21450002
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.16.708.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: -------------------
(bootloader) imei: --------------------
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B63000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 205bdca3
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.090s

4th February 2018, 05:47 PM |#2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Based on your MID, looks like you're on a GSM M8? I'd go to HTC Dev and download their stock ROM, or go the appropriate carrier sub section for the M8 and use an RUU there.
4th February 2018, 08:36 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
I have read here that flashing carrier RUU can brick the device radio for good. So, this is why I wanted to confirm.
5th February 2018, 02:42 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,516

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytherian

I'd go to HTC Dev and download their stock ROM, or go the appropriate carrier sub section for the M8 and use an RUU there.

HTC does not post the RUU for his version on HTC Dev.com (many versions are not posted there)

OP's version doesn't have a carrier forum sub-section.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexux

(bootloader) version-main: 6.16.708.1

I don't know if there is an RUU for this version number.

One alternative, is to restore the TWRP backup 6.16.708.1 from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...-twrp-t3086860

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:

Went back to Sense, but it just doesn't feel as good as before.

I think it hasn't returned to Sense properly.

How exactly did you go back to Sense?
5th February 2018, 06:52 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
I tried the guide here, but I just couldn't complete it, as i received some modelid error. Tried multiple times to no avail. So, i tried the TWRP nandroid method, and restored to Sense that way.
5th February 2018, 07:21 PM |#6  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

I tried the guide here, but I just couldn't complete it, as i received some modelid error. Tried multiple times to no avail. So, i tried the TWRP nandroid method, and restored to Sense that way.

Good to hear that it worked out and thanks for posting.
6th February 2018, 02:45 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cytherian

Good to hear that it worked out and thanks for posting.

This is how I got Sense back, and after that, I started experiencing bugs with M8 as explained in my first post.
6th February 2018, 03:07 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

So, i tried the TWRP nandroid method, and restored to Sense that way.

Which TWRP backup did you restore? Did you flash firmware, or only restore the TWRP backup?
9th February 2018, 02:44 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Which TWRP backup did you restore? Did you flash firmware, or only restore the TWRP backup?

I restored it with the latest TWRP backup for my model. About firmware, I am not sure, but i do see that firmware version in 'fastboot var all' data.

Since I am S-off, is there any Marshmallow RUU which i can try without bricking anything? May be a developer version or RUU for european/asian variant? Or the ones linked at gsmhosting M8 page? I have read people experiencing LTE radio problem with that. I hope that's not the case anymore, and there is a work around.
12th February 2018, 02:44 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I restored it with the latest TWRP backup for my model.

What version number exactly? Perhaps you still have the files on your computer, and can look?

I've seen a number of times, folks say and think they restored the right version for their model, and once we ask for version numbers, we see they actually got it wrong.

Quote:

About firmware, I am not sure, but i do see that firmware version in 'fastboot var all' data.

I can see it too. But doyou actually remember manually download and flash the firmware in RUU mode?

Did you convert to GPE using the RUU?

Quote:

Since I am S-off, is there any Marshmallow RUU which i can try without bricking anything? May be a developer version or RUU for european/asian variant? Or the ones linked at gsmhosting M8 page? I have read people experiencing LTE radio problem with that. I hope that's not the case anymore, and there is a work around.

It's possible. But flashing another region's RUU will also change the radio baseband, and therefore changes the specific bands supported. It may have undesirable results (not support the 3G or LTE band or bands used by your local carrier).
13th February 2018, 02:37 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My htc one m8 has no os due to an unsuccessful update, I have s-on, boot loader unlocked and not fully rooted. I have twrp as recovery. What are my options to get the official ruu to flash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)