FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solved]Theme / Home Screen Backup

301 posts
Thanks Meter: 101

By Anonaru, Senior Member on 28th April 2016, 09:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Alright, I couldn't find anything on Google, so I'll give you guys a shot

Does anybody know how to back up their home screen icon layout and / or current theme? Is there a way to do it on Titanium Backup?

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

29th April 2016, 03:56 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonaru

Does anybody know how to back up their home screen icon layout and / or current theme? Is there a way to do it on Titanium Backup?

I've never done it myself, but I've read of folks backing up (and succesfully restoring) Home screen using Titanium.

Not sure, but I think the system app "Sense Home (DESKTOP)" is what you would want to backup (for Sense ROM, obviously).

I personally try to avoid restoring system apps, as they may cause issues if you are going between ROMs with significant differences. I just restore my home screen setup manually, which doesn't take much time. But I suppose how much time that takes may vary by user, if you have a lot of home screen panels, widgets, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift redpoint73 Ad-Free
3rd May 2016, 02:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

I've never done it myself, but I've read of folks backing up (and succesfully restoring) Home screen using Titanium.

Not sure, but I think the system app "Sense Home (DESKTOP)" is what you would want to backup (for Sense ROM, obviously).

I personally try to avoid restoring system apps, as they may cause issues if you are going between ROMs with significant differences. I just restore my home screen setup manually, which doesn't take much time. But I suppose how much time that takes may vary by user, if you have a lot of home screen panels, widgets, etc.

Yep! It seems like backing up just the app data for Sense Home (DESKTOP) carries over your desktop configuration-- it doesn't appear to bug anything out, though I'm not too sure attempting to restore the app too would do anything good

Figured this out on my own while on my trip, but I appreciate the information, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)