Phone won't turn on, red light blinks when put on charger. Bricked?

Search This thread

spiderwebmkd

Feb 13, 2012
Hi guys,

So, there was a sequence of events that happened prior to this state. After some problems that I had with one of the OTA updates (3 months ago), I had to flash the stock ROM and re-apply the OTA update, which worked, and the phone was working perfectly until couple of days ago.

- In the middle of my work, the phone just restarted, and when it came back on, there was a screen saying that my data is encrypted(?) and that I need to type my unlock PIN to decrypt the data.
- I typed 4 zeros, and I got to another screen saying that the data on the phone could not be encrypted, and that I need to perform a factory reset. There was also a "factory reset" button on that screen.
- After several restarts, and getting the same screen, I then pushed the "factory reset" button, but nothing happened, I was brought back to the same screen all over again. I repeated the same procedure several times.
- Because I was not able to factory reset the phone through that button, I booted the phone in bootloader, and tried the factory reset from there. Factory reset threw an error! Some paths were missing or something, there were 4-5 error messages on the screen! I couldn't even do a factory reset! Again, several attempts with no luck.
- Last thing that I could think of, flash the stock ROM that I flashed back when I had the previous problems. Added the img to my SD card, procedure went OK, successfully flashed, press Power to reboot.
- After the reboot, the phone was stuck on the HTC logo for... 30 minutes! No response whatsoever. I had to press power+volumeDown to turn it off.
- When I tried to turn it back on again, nothing. Plugged in the charger, red light blinking.

Any suggestions? Did i brick the phone?

vagon1

Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys,

So, there was a sequence of events that happened prior to this state. After some problems that I had with one of the OTA updates (3 months ago), I had to flash the stock ROM and re-apply the OTA update, which worked, and the phone was working perfectly until couple of days ago.

- In the middle of my work, the phone just restarted, and when it came back on, there was a screen saying that my data is encrypted(?) and that I need to type my unlock PIN to decrypt the data.
- I typed 4 zeros, and I got to another screen saying that the data on the phone could not be encrypted, and that I need to perform a factory reset. There was also a "factory reset" button on that screen.
- After several restarts, and getting the same screen, I then pushed the "factory reset" button, but nothing happened, I was brought back to the same screen all over again. I repeated the same procedure several times.
- Because I was not able to factory reset the phone through that button, I booted the phone in bootloader, and tried the factory reset from there. Factory reset threw an error! Some paths were missing or something, there were 4-5 error messages on the screen! I couldn't even do a factory reset! Again, several attempts with no luck.
- Last thing that I could think of, flash the stock ROM that I flashed back when I had the previous problems. Added the img to my SD card, procedure went OK, successfully flashed, press Power to reboot.
- After the reboot, the phone was stuck on the HTC logo for... 30 minutes! No response whatsoever. I had to press power+volumeDown to turn it off.
- When I tried to turn it back on again, nothing. Plugged in the charger, red light blinking.

Any suggestions? Did i brick the phone?

Did you manage to fixt it in the end mate ?

Vash

spiderwebmkd

Feb 13, 2012
LOL no :) It's still being "serviced". I found a user motherboard on Ebay, but I'm not sure whether that will solve the problem. I should be getting a "brand new phone" with changing the entire motherboard, but I don't know if someone knows how to do it.

vagon1

Aug 15, 2017
LOL no :) It's still being "serviced". I found a user motherboard on Ebay, but I'm not sure whether that will solve the problem. I should be getting a "brand new phone" with changing the entire motherboard, but I don't know if someone knows how to do it.

Good luck man ! That sounds like a lot of hustle :)

Let us know if you succeed !

Vash

jsb011

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,

My phone is having the same problem. It happened when i tried to flash zip from sd card in Hboot menu. Now it only shows Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM8) port when connected to PC. I have serached the internet and found the it can be unbricked by QPST but for that i need files MPRG8939.hex and 8939_msimage.bin.

Pls. someone provide me the two above said files or suggest a solution.

Before bricking below is the getvar output from fastboot mode...
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
version-baseband: 1.0.U20410.1@50408
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 1.16.401.10
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: FA57********
imei: 35**************
imei2: Not Support
meid: 00000000000000
product: m8ql_ul