FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][m8qlul] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC One M8s

470 posts
Thanks Meter: 502

By root-expert, Recognized Developer on 18th June 2018, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

NOTE: This build is unofficial, don't report bugs to the official LineageOS bug tracker.

HOW TO FLASH
  • Download the ROM from here
  • Download GAPPS from here
  • Install TWRP recovery from this thread
  • Boot to recovery
  • Wipe Data/Factory reset
  • Flash LineageOS
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  • Boot to system

What works
  • Audio
  • Camera
  • RIL (calls, sms, etc)
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi
  • Everything else not listed below

What doesn't work
  • HDR
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • Wireless display

Before asking any question read the FAQ below

Big thanks to @voidzero for letting me use his server to build and for the initial device tree

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][m8qlul] LineageOS 15.1 for HTC One M8s, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
root-expert, voidzero
Source Code: https://github.com/M8s-dev/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: M firmware base

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-06-18

Created 2018-06-18
Last Updated 2018-10-27
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to root-expert For This Useful Post: [ View ]

18th June 2018, 12:24 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Greece

Donate to Me
More
Changelog

Code:
26 October 2018
* Instagram videos fixed

Code:
18 October 2018
* August/September/October ASB merged
* Use sdFAT instead of exFAT
* Reduce GPS fix time
* Increased speaker volume
* Increased microphone volume
* Increased upper earpiece volume when in-call
* Enabled HDR
* Fixed wakelock
Code:
26 July 2018
* July Android Security updates
* Kernel updated from tag 3.10.49 to tag 3.10.108
* Bluetooth now recognises the correct bt address
* Use low-latency as primary output for notifications and ringtone
* Switched SELinux to enforcing
* When usb composition is on "charge only" adb works
* Enabled audio offloading
* Added the option to disable Double Tap to wake gesture
* Added option to unlock phone with a gesture (you can find it under gestures tab)
* Used newer WiFi configuration files (hope that fixes WiFi problems)
* The name "HTC One M8s" is shown to your pc when connected instead of "Android Phone"
Code:
20 June 2018
  • Fixed headphones microphone
Code:
18 June 2018
  • Initial commit
18th June 2018, 12:24 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Greece

Donate to Me
More
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: I flashed the ROM and I'm getting random reboots and crashes
A: Ensure that before flashing this ROM your last stock rom was Android version 6.0. If not follow the instructions on the post below

Q: I found a bug, what should I do?
A: Describe in this thread the issue as best as you can and include steps to reproduce.
Also include a logcat taken the time that the bug happens.

If you had a random reboot don't bother taking a logcat instead pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops file and atach it to your post.

Q: I want to root this ROM. Should I flash something?
A: Either download su addon from https://download.lineageos.org/extras or flash Magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to root-expert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2018, 12:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
If you are coming from CM12.1 (Just like I did) then follow these steps
NOTE: If you do not follow these steps, your final Oreo ROM (LOS 15) will crash, you'll suffer randoms reboots and instability problems due to incompatible radio / HTC firmware. This whole update process to Stock 6.0 can take up to 4 hours! So make sure you have the time to do everything correctly, don't cut corners.
I suffered

1. Create a full backup of your ROM using TWRP (v2.8 or v3.0.2.0), Copy your INTERNAL STORAGE and SD Card contents to PC .

During the upgrade from "CM12.1 > 5.0.1 Stock > 6 Stock > LOS 15" you WILL lose your internal data! (because of bootloader relock & unlock again)

2. Relock your bootloader; (Make sure you are using the htc_fastboot.exe)
  1. Turn off phone
  2. Go into bootloader (Hold down VOL DOWN+Power button
  3. Connect USB and enter Fastboot (Should show as FASTBOOT USB)
  4. Open commandprompt;
    Code:
    htc_fastboot oem lock
The phone should restart and show up as ***RELOCKED***

3. Get your matching RUU from https://ruu.lalleman.net/HTC_M8S%28QL_UL%29/

If you dont know which RUU to get, follow this thread; https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...howto-t3190238 (M8sQL_UL > Firmware (Expert)>Firmware Crypted (Original HTC))

Quote:

If you get the "Device halted due to Large Image update fail" error during installation, just try another RUU - but make sure it matches your CID.
I got it working using a "signed" version. The "combined-signed" version did not work for me. Your mileage may very.

4. In Android Stock (5.0.1), continue the setup and after that go to: Settings > Software updates (At the bottom) > Check for updates
  1. At first I only got 2 APP updates: "HTC Sense" and some other app (cant remember). Update both apps and reboot.
  2. After a reboot check again for updates. Now you get a ~400Mb update. Download and install.
  3. After the first update check again for updates. Now you get a ~1.23Gb update (Update to Marshmallow, Part 1 of 2). Download and install.
  4. After that check again, and now you'll get a ~700Mb update (Update to Marshmallow, Part 2 of 2.)

That's it for going back to the most recent stock version. You now have Android 6.0 Stock running.

To install TWRP (if you want to flash LOS 15)

1. Unlock your bootloader again.

Go to https://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and follow the instructions.

2. Flash TWRP.

Code:
htc_fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-image-name-and-version.img

After that:
  1. Wipe Cache/Dalvik, Data and System
  2. Install LOS15
  3. Wipe Dalvik again
  4. Flash Gapps
  5. Wipe Dalvik
  6. Boot
  7. Say thank you to @root-expert for keeping this phone alive with the development and @voidzero for providing the build-environment / mirrors

- Jeroen
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeroen_13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jeroen_13 Ad-Free
18th June 2018, 12:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,585

Donate to Me
More
Nice job! Great work on the rom and keeping the one m8s alive!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinX8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevinX8 Ad-Free
20th June 2018, 03:20 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Greece

Donate to Me
More
New build up!
Headphones microphone is now fixed.

Grab it as usual from here

-Chris
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to root-expert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2018, 11:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
For the users who want to remove the"root icon" ( the status bar), there is no setting to disable it.

LOS Root icon "#"

To remove it:
  1. Connect your M8s to PC with USB
  2. Open CMD

Code:
adb shell settings get secure icon_blacklist
The output is:
Code:
rotate,headset
Now enter the output + su
Code:
adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist rotate,headset,su
And after that:
Code:
adb reboot
Now the "#" icon is gone from the status bar.

- Jeroen
22nd June 2018, 10:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
My battery time is very bad. Clean install with everything wiped. Rom is slick, clean, easy, snappy. Can't install shortcut for greenify. Xposed installed without problems, pico gapps, I like this rom. Only battery life is bad. I might try reinstalling when I get a chance to see what happens. All in all, slick rom, kudos to Developer !
23rd June 2018, 08:22 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Greece

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunkonjaa

My battery time is very bad. Clean install with everything wiped. Rom is slick, clean, easy, snappy. Can't install shortcut for greenify. Xposed installed without problems, pico gapps, I like this rom. Only battery life is bad. I might try reinstalling when I get a chance to see what happens. All in all, slick rom, kudos to Developer !

Hello, thanks for flashing. In what way you battery life is bad? When you use it or when it's idle?

I suggest you to run the ROM for 1-2 days and take a look at battery statistics.

-Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to root-expert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2018, 08:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by root-expert

Hello, thanks for flashing. In what way you battery life is bad? When you use it or when it's idle?

I suggest you to run the ROM for 1-2 days and take a look at battery statistics.

-Chris

I'll run it for a few days and screenshot battery stats. Then I'll reinstall the whole thing and compare new batery stats with old ones. Maybe if I format data prior to flashing things will be different
23rd June 2018, 09:05 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Greece

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunkonjaa

I'll run it for a few days and screenshot battery stats. Then I'll reinstall the whole thing and compare new batery stats with old ones. Maybe if I format data prior to flashing things will be different

I don't believe you have to do that. The only requirement is that your last stock android version was Android 6.0
Post battery statistics here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to root-expert For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom rom, htc one m8s, lineageos, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)