1,582 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,909

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2015, 12:16 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 1,480

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfashion

Anyone else having issues with video chat not being able to use front facing camera, Specifically on Hangouts?

Yup. Just had that issue this morning.

22nd December 2015, 01:45 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic

Read OP the heads up saying something about flashing gapps at same time. But also you are going from 12.1 to 13 so restoring from TB could still be causing the issue.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Think I will have to install all my apps manually. Start a fresh.
23rd December 2015, 07:10 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Finally got it working, needed a much smaller gapps package indeed.

So far, not impressed with Marshmallow. The whole internal sdcard thing doesn't seem to be working with me at all. When I format my 32Gb sdcard as internal memory (and reboot, multiple times!) all I see is my actual internal memory. Over USB with MTP I can only see a 16Gb drive with all the data that is on my internal memory. The sdcard simply vanishes and becomes inaccessible for me. Defeating the whole purpose. Oh, and the data move option fails too: not enough free space. 29Gb available is not enough for 4,5Gb of data.

On 12.1 I used the option for the lockscreen to quickly unlock by entering the PIN, no need to press the submit button. That option has vanished. Also, the new font used on the lockscreen doesn't look as good as the old one. Minor annoyance, but still.

Other than that... in 12.1 I could tell the camera to save it's images on the sdcard. Because of the whole new approach, you can't do that anymore. Setting the sdcard as internal memory should solve that... if it would work for me. Tried various things, but making the backup alone took an hour, restoring it takes another hour, there's no simple trying stuff there. There's simply too much stuff on my phone

All in all, so far CM13 is a downgrade from CM12.1 for me.

(And of course, the crappyass Google Backup restore didn't work, so no apps were installed, all my wifi networks gone, thank god I made a TB backup of my apps at least...)

For the record, I'm on 20151218, was told that one worked fine and been seeing a lot of issues for newer builds here....
23rd December 2015, 10:29 AM |#504  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 18,448

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyWeb

The whole internal sdcard thing doesn't seem to be working with me at all. When I format my 32Gb sdcard as internal memory (and reboot, multiple times!) all I see is my actual internal memory. Over USB with MTP I can only see a 16Gb drive with all the data that is on my internal memory. The sdcard simply vanishes and becomes inaccessible for me. Defeating the whole purpose. Oh, and the data move option fails too: not enough free space. 29Gb available is not enough for 4,5Gb of data.

Adoptable storage formatting is still a generic issue that should be solved soon.

Quote:

On 12.1 I used the option for the lockscreen to quickly unlock by entering the PIN, no need to press the submit button. That option has vanished. Also, the new font used on the lockscreen doesn't look as good as the old one. Minor annoyance, but still.

That was removed for security reasons. If you want to read more: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/119139/.
23rd December 2015, 04:20 PM |#505  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 614

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyWeb

Finally got it working, needed a much smaller gapps package indeed.

So far, not impressed with Marshmallow. The whole internal sdcard thing doesn't seem to be working with me at all. When I format my 32Gb sdcard as internal memory (and reboot, multiple times!) all I see is my actual internal memory. Over USB with MTP I can only see a 16Gb drive with all the data that is on my internal memory. The sdcard simply vanishes and becomes inaccessible for me. Defeating the whole purpose. Oh, and the data move option fails too: not enough free space. 29Gb available is not enough for 4,5Gb of data.

Other than that... in 12.1 I could tell the camera to save it's images on the sdcard. Because of the whole new approach, you can't do that anymore. Setting the sdcard as internal memory should solve that... if it would work for me. Tried various things, but making the backup alone took an hour, restoring it takes another hour, there's no simple trying stuff there. There's simply too much stuff on my phone

All in all, so far CM13 is a downgrade from CM12.1 for me.

(And of course, the crappyass Google Backup restore didn't work, so no apps were installed, all my wifi networks gone, thank god I made a TB backup of my apps at least...)

For the record, I'm on 20151218, was told that one worked fine and been seeing a lot of issues for newer builds here....

So I'm not the only one finding the inability for apps to write to the external SD card incredibly frustrating.

I save all my Titanium Backups to external SD and have done so for a long time now. On Sense MM the format does it's thing however I can still write to external SD. On AOSP or CM, after the format TB can't write to external SD at all so I had to copy all my backups back over to internal again. Incredibly frustrating experience.
23rd December 2015, 09:01 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Don't format it, use it as media storage like it asks you. Then you can keep using it like you always have...
23rd December 2015, 10:16 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi everyone.

Have got a major issue on my Verizon M8. Cannot switch from GSM to CDMA mode. The symptoms are as follows:
1. I format my device and clean install CM13.0 as well as relevant GApps
2. Just to be sure clean cache and dalvik cache
3. Successfully boot
4. Insert Verizon sim-card and CDMA is registered and working
5. Insert GSM card and it works for GSM
6. Try to switch back to CDMA, but cannot do so. I use app called Hidden Android Settings to change bands. It does not let me change to anything other than I'm on. So I can use no CDMA after the first use of GSM. Also only Euro bands are shown for some reason and no CDMA USA bands.

Please fix it.
23rd December 2015, 11:47 PM |#508  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 614

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyfloater

Don't format it, use it as media storage like it asks you. Then you can keep using it like you always have...

No you can't. You can't write to it directly from 3rd party apps like TB. It specifically says in the app when you try to point the app to your external SD "This folder is not writeable"

This is not a problem on Sense MM.
24th December 2015, 12:07 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 478

More
I can't get WiFi to connect on any CM 13 build.

Not sure if it's due to firmware not being latest on Sprint, or anything else.

I've run the latest RUU for Sprint, but WiFi doesn't work. Works fine on my backup of Lollipop.

Sprint M8 Converted HK 4.25.654.14
24th December 2015, 03:05 AM |#510  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Haven't charged my phone since yesterday, still at 100%.
This is sorcery...
24th December 2015, 05:45 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1

I can't get WiFi to connect on any CM 13 build.

Not sure if it's due to firmware not being latest on Sprint, or anything else.

I've run the latest RUU for Sprint, but WiFi doesn't work. Works fine on my backup of Lollipop.

Sprint M8 Converted HK 4.25.654.14

It might be the firmware.. I am also on Sprint s-off, but I am running the 4.25.654.18 firmware and WiFi works fine...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)