FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][TESTING][7.1.1] Slim7 [m8]

2,161 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,082

By Flinny, Recognized Developer on 10th December 2016, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim7 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 7.1. Nougat and offers the following original features:
Slim7 is still in its early stages of development so some of these may not be present yet in the ROM, Slim typically offers the following original features:
  • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
  • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
    • ​Customize your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
  • SlimRecents
    • ​A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
  • SlimLauncher
    • ​​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
  • Status bar customization
    • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - m8 kernel source.

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms M8 N, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
Flinny, SlimRoms
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.2

Created 2016-12-10
Last Updated 2016-12-10
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Flinny For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th December 2016, 09:55 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to Flinny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th December 2016, 10:02 PM |#3  
Flag Konoha
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Congrats Flinny this is awesome. I saw it in the alpha area under the M8 on the SlimRom webpage. I'm downloading now and can't wait to flash and test. Sweetness!
The Following User Says Thank You to Madcat8686 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Madcat8686 Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 10:06 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
I've actually been running this as my Daily for the last 5 days... the idea being I'd be able to hammer on m9 till it worked... but I've not had much time yet
10th December 2016, 10:59 PM |#5  
Flag Markham
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinny

I've actually been running this as my Daily for the last 5 days... the idea being I'd be able to hammer on m9 till it worked... but I've not had much time yet

Going to test it now! Thank you for this rom! I couldn't use cm 14.1 because of a canadian sim card bootloop issue, hopefully this rom doesn't have the same problem

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Well unfortunately upon booting up with this rom, right when my sim card is recognized, the phone reboots and then goes into a boot loop (much like in cm14.1). Only way to stop this is to pull out my sim card from my phone. My logcat is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing
The Following User Says Thank You to Ap3xGam3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ap3xGam3r Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 11:30 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap3xGam3r

Going to test it now! Thank you for this rom! I couldn't use cm 14.1 because of a canadian sim card bootloop issue, hopefully this rom doesn't have the same problem

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Well unfortunately upon booting up with this rom, right when my sim card is recognized, the phone reboots and then goes into a boot loop (much like in cm14.1). Only way to stop this is to pull out my sim card from my phone. My logcat is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK...ew?usp=sharing

What was the last version of CM/Slim you had running correctly with that sim?
10th December 2016, 11:32 PM |#7  
Flag Markham

More
Quote:

What was the last version of CM/Slim you had running correctly with that sim?

Well for CM, any cm13 builds worked for my phone, but right when cm 14.1 arrived, none of them worked at all.
10th December 2016, 11:35 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well for CM, any cm13 builds worked for my phone, but right when cm 14.1 arrived, none of them worked at all.

So CM13 used to work but now doesn't? Or do you mean CM 14.1 has never worked and CM13 builds still work?
10th December 2016, 11:37 PM |#9  
Flag Markham

More
Quote:

So CM13 used to work but now doesn't? Or do you mean CM 14.1 has never worked and CM13 builds still work?

Oh my bad, I meant that cm 14.1 never worked and cm 13 always does
10th December 2016, 11:43 PM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh my bad, I meant that cm 14.1 never worked and cm 13 always does

E PhoneInterfaceManager: [PhoneIntfMgr] getIccId: No UICC

Is the error that is jumping out at me but a radio log might shed more light on the problem. If you can logcat -b radio and message me the link personally I'll take a look.
10th December 2016, 11:59 PM |#11  
Flag Markham

More
Quote:

E PhoneInterfaceManager: [PhoneIntfMgr] getIccId: No UICC

Is the error that is jumping out at me but a radio log might shed more light on the problem. If you can logcat -b radio and message me the link personally I'll take a look.

Does it matter if I type that with my sim card out of the phone? Since my phone will bootloop with the sim inside. Unless you want me to type that in adb right when it bootloops like what I did with the logcat I linked you?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)