[MOD] [Nougat] ViPER4Android Android 7 Support

Search This thread

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Got this error.... I m on rr remix , i have root,i guess the problem is the app isnt asking for it...
P.S How i can verify if v4a is working?
d6ac3c231d7a18cbbe101475cd8d88ef.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

What root do you use? Magisk ? Did you make to be YES by default ? In status everything should say OK. Try simply to restart your device and open the app again to ask for root permission.

Sasqwatch

May 5, 2014
Can't get this to work on lineage os 15.
Driver version 2.5.0.4
Neon enabled no
Status abnormal
Audio format unsupported
Processing no
Sampling rate no.
HTC M8 lineageos 15. Any help please?
Thanks

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ViPER4Android for Nougat (Android 7)

http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161005%2Fa69bfb914d6022ad5db7e2a6896ac51f.jpg

Download Link: CLICK

Original thread: HERE
    You will need root and BusyBox
    Have not tested with other than stock kernel.

How to install

Turn off your phone and boot into recovery.

Once your phone boots into recovery, navigate to install section and select*“ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero.zip”.

Flash it and restart the phone.

When the phone turns on go to Play Store and install a file manager with root access. The best one is ES File Explore and Total Commander.

Open the File Manager and go to*/vendor/etc.Find*a file named*“audio_effects.conf”.*Delete this file or save somewhere just in case you want to revert back.

Now open Viper4Android on your device, and install the driver if it’s required.

Wait for the driver to finish installation and reboot the phone.

That’s all! You have successfully installed Viper4Android on Android 7.0 Nougat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ViPER4Android Cleaner v1.3 | Android 7.x

Download Link: CLICK

Original thread: HERE
    Viper4Android for Android Nougat is out but after installing it I realized that MusicFX is still present in my ROM and V4A is not working inside all apps.
    So I have created this simple Viper4Android Cleaner script to take care of that.

I have tested this on all Nougat ROM available right now and it's working very well. The script will remove MusicFX, AudioFX, SoundFX or DSPManager.
    Also in order to make V4A working inside any app, audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf needed to be replaced.

In short all you need to do is flash it in TWRP before or after V4A installation.After when you boot up there is no need to update driver anymore.
    It's all done, just turn that switch ON in V4A app and enjoy your favorite tunes.

HOW TO FIX ViPER4Android NOT INSTALLS DRIVERS!

1. Make sure that you have Busybox intsalled!
    You can install it by using this application on the play store https://goo.gl/LztXpM

2. Make sure that you have at least 5mb Free in your system partition!
    To check the free space in /system use this app https://goo.gl/D3lcm5 and go to the "advanced" menu

3. After installing busybox, try to reinstall the ViPER4Android drivers and reboot your device!​

PS:
    I test it on CyanogenMod 14.1 and it works for me.MAKE BACKUP BEFORE YOU TRY ANYITHING.First flash ViPER4Android Cleaner then ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5_guitardedhero.zip
    download an app called root checker, then download another app called SElinux mode changer and then open it, grant root and set device to permissive. Then close viper4android and restart phone! If this doesn't fix it, wipe cache and dalvik in recovery and then reboot. If that still doesn't work, try downloading Dr.ketan's viper4android fix app on any device from the Google play store. Hope this helps.
    It says v4a could not acquire root permission. I can use root in other apps, not sure what the issue is.

EDIT: I fixed it by rebooting, thanks a lot for this, it works :)

A lot things in cm 14.1 can be fixed with reboot xD
    that's great.but i used magisk for v4a.i am Android 7.1
    Do I need to be s-off or s-on, or does it not matter?

I think it doesn't matter.