Votes: 44 41.5%
  • International (Dual-SIM)

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Hey guys, Slim 8.0 Stable is out for all variants! Enjoy :)

SlimS8.jpg

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Iv been using this ROM now for 3 days, and its very smooth and battery life keeps getting better! I've encountered zero issues! I'd say its time to remove the UN and make it official for VZW.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Iv been using this ROM now for 3 days, and its very smooth and battery life keeps getting better! I've encountered zero issues! I'd say its time to remove the UN and make it official for VZW.
I really want to, but I don't have the time at this moment because of where I am in life. Since I'm an 11th grader, I have all my tests and a lot of school work this year

But that being said, I will try sometime down the line :)

Reactions: nimms

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Nice ROM! Which are the best xposed moduals for this ROM, I like to have it super tweaked! Also is there a modual so I can have the option of moving the signal bars battery to the left. Thanks, and great job on this build!

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
hey guys, a bit of a status update and some explanations to the pm's i've received for ALL of my projects

1) I am not dead
2) My projects aren't dead

I've been battling school and then sickness and hospitalizations for the past one month. it's been so difficult for me to do anything, let alone stare at a computer and debug files.

please hang on for a bit longer as i am trying to stabilize myself in terms of my health and my school work. thank you guys so much :)

andrewjt19

hey guys, a bit of a status update and some explanations to the pm's i've received for ALL of my projects

1) I am not dead

I've been battling school and then sickness and hospitalizations for the past one month. it's been so difficult for me to do anything, let alone stare at a computer and debug files.

please hang on for a bit longer as i am trying to stabilize myself in terms of my health and my school work. thank you guys so much :)
Bro your health and family come first

Reactions: tombassi

msegmx

Nov 1, 2009
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S8+
So do I.

Two questions :
1) Does anybody experience sudden restarts of the phone ?
It happens maybe once or twice a month.
And sometimes it doesn't wake up despite pressing the power button. Last time I called myself from another phone and it rang, but the screen kept being black. Had to force a restart by pressing power + volume up button.

I'm using slimkat 8.0 btw.

2) downloaded a clock app called Timely and want to associate it with the tap on the clock in the notification panel. Right now, the default clock app opens when tapping on the clock. I couldn't find a setting for this. Also, I tried various "default clearer" app from store, but no success with the clock.
Anybody knows a way of how to do this ?

andrewjt19

So do I.

Two questions :
1) Does anybody experience sudden restarts of the phone ?
It happens maybe once or twice a month.
And sometimes it doesn't wake up despite pressing the power button. Last time I called myself from another phone and it rang, but the screen kept being black. Had to force a restart by pressing power + volume up button.

I'm using slimkat 8.0 btw.

2) downloaded a clock app called Timely and want to associate it with the tap on the clock in the notification panel. Right now, the default clock app opens when tapping on the clock. I couldn't find a setting for this. Also, I tried various "default clearer" app from store, but no success with the clock.
Anybody knows a way of how to do this ?
The random reboots could still be apart of the CM bugs from the earlier editions or a rogue app. As for the clock app, I'd place it in the system/app folder and change the permissions to the rest of the STOCK apps and see if it would work that way... If not you could always freeze the stock app and use the custom app.

msegmx

Nov 1, 2009
HTC One Max
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Used an app called "system app mover" and now the app is in /system / prvt-apps. (I hope that counts). Rebooted but nothing extraordinary happened.

I guess with freezing you mean disabling the default clock app in settings? I tried that but afterwards tapping on the clock in the notification panel did nothing at all.

I couldn't find a place to modify the permissions for Timely. Nothing to change in settings->applications.
Could you please elaborate?

andrewjt19

Used an app called "system app mover" and now the app is in /system / prvt-apps. (I hope that counts). Rebooted but nothing extraordinary happened.

I guess with freezing you mean disabling the default clock app in settings? I tried that but afterwards tapping on the clock in the notification panel did nothing at all.

I couldn't find a place to modify the permissions for Timely. Nothing to change in settings->applications.
Could you please elaborate?
You can freeze an app with Titanium or ROM Toolbox. Basically what it does is rename the file extension to .bak or something. It then no longer runs and disappears from the App Drawer. You need Titanium,ROM Toolbox or Root Explorer or some other app that works similarly to change the permissions of the App. If the permissions are not set right, it won't show up or work properly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpgqsktjnp6quk0/SCR_2014-10-31-19-01-50.mp4?dl=0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far, I have the Vzw device as the most popular, but I don't have the space to build all these devices. Verizon users: your build is up. Hit that thanks button and donate if you're feeling generous so we both can have stress-free slim

Verizon files: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=17863

ENJOY!!!! :)
    slim_op_v05.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:

• The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][WEEKLIES] SlimKat [t6], ROM for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    pandasa123
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-08-13
    Last Updated 2014-08-12

1) I am not dead

Ok guys, for right now, there's only the Sprint One Max supported...please answer the poll so I can decide the next steps for this ROM

EDIT: Verizon users, your build will come within the next 24 hours
    Ok everyone, i'm building right now and this is the last time (i hope) that i move hosts

be a bit patient with me and i'll try and get it uploaded as soon as I finish homework

http://downloads.codefi.re/pandasa123

EDIT: ALL BUILDS UPDATED! ENJOY!