- Ville S4 (HTC One S with S4 only!)
- 2.16 (only!), hboot 2.16 original and modded without red warning Text: here
- TWRP 3.0 M2 (http://android.cmphys.com/twrp-ville/)
- ARM, 6.0, mini (https://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=mini)
- gapps micro 6.0 (https://devs-lab.com/android-m-gapps...-download.html)
- opengapps pico/mini (http://opengapps.org/)
Startingpoint: Stock - No modifications!
Attention this Tutorial is TESTED and working. Anyway you take full responsibility of YOUR ACTIONS!
Go the official way, create a htc-dev account and choose "All other supported Models"
2. Get TWRP 188.8.131.52 Recovery and flash
Download TWRP for Ville: https://dl.twrp.me/ville/twrp-184.108.40.206-ville.img.html
fastboot flash recovery twrp-220.127.116.11-ville.img
Because you can: Backup of Boot, System, Data
4. Get Cyanogenmod 11 and flash the boot.img
Download CM11 for Ville: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get...-M12-ville.zip
Extract "boot.img" and flash it:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Boot TWRP and do an advanced wipe on data, system and caches
6. Flash CM-11
Now you can proceed and flash the rom (adb sideload or adb push for example)
Now you meet the following requirements:
Unlocked Bootloader / Custom Recovery (TWRP 18.104.22.168) / Custom Rom (CM11)
Startingpoint: Custom ROM (Warning: This tutorial is TESTED with the CID HTC__203 only! Other CIDs could not work. TMO__101 is reported to don't work! Anyway you take full responsibility of YOUR ACTIONS!
-> For CID: TMO__101 rumrunner.us is confirmed to work (for S-OFF without SuperCID). Take care that you take a compatible ROM! For example a sense ROM (ViperONE 2.x, ...)
I unlocked bootloader, root, changed recovery a very long time ago so I won't talk about this as I don't remember anything from it.
But for people already using Custom ROM, here we go:
1. Get SuperCID
Step 7, CWS__001 was HTC__203 for mine (depends on your operator) and at offset 0x214
You need to use an Hex editor for that. On Ubuntu I used Bless Hex Editor
2. Get S-OFF using Facepalm S-OFF
IMPORTANT: Need to revert to at least CM11 or you will get stuck with the following error when doing last step:
adb shell su -c "/data/local/tmp/soffbin3" error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
Link is dead, see post from kdd998 on page 3:
That contains radio 1.20.
Of course, change commands from the tuto with the proper firmware name from kdd988.
If you encounter Error99 instead of Error92 stop the process, return to fastboot and do the following:
4. Get TWRP 3.0.M2
Download TWRP for Ville: http://android.cmphys.com/twrp-ville/
fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img
Boot to TWRP and wipe/format
If you do not format, you may encounter "Unable to mount /cache" error
6. Push ROM
Use adb sideload or adb push
7. Push Gapp package
ROM and Gapps
- Just dirty flash:
1. Wipe cache and dalvik only.
2. Flash the ROM
- Somehow buggy with Bluetooth Media & Phone audio at the same time
- Some troubles regarding the camera, Use a third party camera-app like OpenCamera or other!
- Lockscreen will lose wallpaper function (black screen)if any app is pushed to system app or priv-app
- If you find other bugs and animals pease report!
Bugs (reported) fixed:
- Encryption doesn't work, More: here, Reported: working & not working
- Some crashes of the stock-browser on various websites
- Flashlight from quick tiles crashes after some seconds
- WiFi turns off when phone is in sleep mode
This Thread need's you! Please report Input for Post 1 (this) via pm and I will add it! Tell me more!