[ROM] [7.1.2] [Unofficial] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Nougat for HTC One S [13.12.2017]

Search This thread

ZioRò

Nov 29, 2012
HTC One S
Xiaomi Mi 4C
Thanks from my end too, I had to revive my One S as backup phone for a friend of mine. He gave it back to me, so I had some fun upgrading hboot and flashing this rom, which seems to be working fine so far.

Cheers!

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

sakhalines

Dec 17, 2017
Have bootloop.
Update from RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-ville-Unofficial to RR-N-v5.8.5-20171213-ville-Unofficial.

Until then, it has always been updated normally.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
The checksum is correct. Verified.

It was only the wipe data that helped.
I have been manually updating the new version of Magisk. Perhaps this is the case?
I'll try to restore from a backup and flash again.

Restored the boot partition only from the backup copy of RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-ville-Unofficial.
It works now.

Gtranslate, sorry.

Last edited:

moozon

Jul 28, 2012
Perm
Have bootloop.
Update from RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-ville-Unofficial to RR-N-v5.8.5-20171213-ville-Unofficial.

Until then, it has always been updated normally.
Does anyone else have the same problem?
The checksum is correct. Verified.

It was only the wipe data that helped.
I have been manually updating the new version of Magisk. Perhaps this is the case?
I'll try to restore from a backup and flash again.

Restored the boot partition only from the backup copy of RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-ville-Unofficial.
It works now.

Gtranslate, sorry.

Boot of RR-N-v5.8.5-20171213-ville-Unofficial and boot of RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-ville-Unofficial are identical. Maybe the firmware has crashed for the first time.

janussi

May 3, 2010
Novorossiysk
At me after installation was also bootloop, but I removed the system and freewheeling outright bodies about once an hour he goes into reboot, rolled back to the previous, everything is fine.

Last edited:

magur0

Aug 6, 2017
I also have a bootloop flashing over the latest (december) release over one before (november).

Tried many times, dirty flashing with lot's of wipes. No luck. The december release never boots. Went back to november release and it still works.

Hope there will be a new release in the future which works!

Thank's for @moozon who keeps our device brand new with this rom!

betaback

Jan 25, 2018
Issues with RR

Hi, I've encountered an issue I was not able to resolve, until now. It is very strange. See bottom of post for 'hack' fix.

location services > options > scanning (black screen for 1 minute, settings stops responding, close app)
camera doesn't function (insert an sd card before using the camera)
during google initial installation (music has stopped working, setup wizard has stopped working)
some apps fail to download, install or update. namely these are 'google' and 'streets'.

Seems to be some permissions issue. I've tried clearing everything and re-flashing, but no dice.

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 1969-12-31 19:00 /sdcard -> /storage/self/primary
ls: ./Android: Permission denied
ls: ./.data: Permission denied
ls: ./Music: Permission denied
ls: ./Podcasts: Permission denied
ls: ./Ringtones: Permission denied
ls: ./Alarms: Permission denied
ls: ./Notifications: Permission denied
ls: ./Pictures: Permission denied
ls: ./Movies: Permission denied
ls: ./Download: Permission denied
ls: ./DCIM: Permission denied
ls: ./My Documents: Permission denied
ls: ./open_gapps-arm-7.1-stock-20180123.zip: Permission denied
total 2082464
drwxrwx--x 19 root sdcard_rw      4096 2018-01-25 06:50 .
drwx--x--x  5 root sdcard_rw      4096 2018-01-25 06:27 ..
drwxrwx--x  2 root sdcard_rw      4096 2018-01-24 23:14 Documents
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw 343206084 2018-01-25 04:35 RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-vil
le-Unofficial.zip
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw 341265160 2018-01-25 02:19 RR-N-v5.8.5-20171213-vil
le-Unofficial.zip
drwxrwx--x  3 root sdcard_rw      4096 2018-01-24 23:25 TWRP
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw         0 2018-01-25 06:27 aroma.log
drwxrwx--x  5 root sdcard_rw      4096 2018-01-24 23:19 backups
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw 761605771 2018-01-25 04:34 open_gapps-arm-7.1-stock
-20171218.zip
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw     71512 2018-01-25 06:50 open_gapps_debug_logs.ta
r.gz
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw      7433 2018-01-25 06:50 open_gapps_log.txt
-rw-rw----  1 root sdcard_rw     22548 2018-01-25 06:26 recovery.log
drwxrwx--x  2 root sdcard_rw      4096 2018-01-24 23:04 storage

I cannot even take ownership or alter the permissions with ADB root access.

The files and folders are not visible in windows, in transfer files mode (not charging mode).

They are only visible in TWRP, and the Files app, but they cannot be accessed using the Files app. File Manager does not even function, and cannot gain root access.

I've never seen an issue like this, and cannot find any information online, even after 2 or 3 days of searching and trying various approaches, re-flashes, wipes, etc...

I've tried both RR versions listed above, with the same results. Sometimes, the initial boot will not complete and the RR animation remains, the device is warm as if using 100% cpu.

Sometimes, the sound will play when initial boot is complete, but the RR logo does not change, and just continues to rotate with no completion. Rebooting does not help.

RR worked previously, both versions listed above. I had to flash the MaximusHD ROM to unlock the phone from carrier, then after flashing RR, these issues occurred, and I cannot seem to be able to fix them.

However, when flashing the MaximusHD ROM, the files and folders are visible, and everything functions normally, as expected.

edit: I just noticed, even one of the gapps packages has permissions issue, and that's new to me. Previously, it was just the folders.

Thanks. I've made some progress, but there still appears to be an issue with this ROM altering permissions it should not.

It seems really hackish, but I recreated all of those folders with booted to TWRP recovery, using windows. Although, it could have been done via fastboot ADB shell too.

I am now able to access those folders and the errors are gone. However, I think there may be configuration issues, since they were inaccessible during initial boot/setup process.

Although, it may be possible to boot to TWRP after flashing, before the reboot, fix the folders, then perform the initial boot and setup process.

Update on the situation:

I was able to resolve most of the outstanding issues. But, the folders 'Notifications' (the newly created one), and 'Notifications2' (the old folder I renamed) are both visible on the device.

However, 'Notifications2' was not visible in windows. I had to remove this manually via TWRP. It was not possible using the 'Files' app, but maybe something like root explorer.

Furthermore, the device experience some 'black screen' issue when attempting to download/update apps, since it was probably downloading Gmail in the background (upon setting up wireless and google play account, after initial setup). This is probably because the processor was maxed out. At first it seems the device had powered off or rebooted, since all notification lights (including power) turned off. The quick nav buttons at the bottom also had intermittent issue of lighting up, then turning off, as if the device was power-cycling, but it was not. It was just 'frozen' to a certain extent.

The black screen remained for 1 minute with the message 'Pixel Launcher is not responding' after that. It has not actually crashed though, and you can select 'Wait' instead of ending the process. Apparently, these devices cannot fully handle 7.1.2's processing requirements at full, sustained load on the CPU. Although for most daily tasks, this is not an issue.

The 'File Manager' app still does not work, and complains about root access. Although, it does not request root access from Magisk, and there are no options to force it to do so.

Final update:

I got the File Manager to work now, but I'm not sure what caused it. Here are the steps I took:

Removed that last remaining (hidden/bugged) 'Notifications2' folder (This was the most likely cause). Updated Magisk to v5.5.5 (or this). Viewed the 'File Manager' (com.cyanogenmod.filemanager) App properties via settings, and checked it's permissions (turned 'storage' permissions off then on again).

I can now access file/folders using the File Manager. Hope this helps anyone encountering similar issues.

Confirmed working RR-N-v5.8.5-20171213-ville-Unofficial (which is a userdebug/nightly build btw) and open_gapps-arm-7.1-stock-20180123, with the issues noted above.

Actually, it would be nice to get an updated build which is not a userdebug version. Thanks.

I think I'll drop this here too: DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) World is due for a 2.5.0 update (best flight sim right now, Russian-made) youtube.com/watch?v=LziVZAB5ChU (fan video, not v2.5.0). I won't link the developer's site, in order not to cross any lines here, but this isn't paid advertising (I don't even speak Russian), nor does it conflict with business of this site.

Last edited:

betaback

Jan 25, 2018

Hey moozon, you think it would be possible to de-bloat RR by default? I've already removed some of the bloat you guys, OmniROM, CM and Lineage packed in here, but there's probably more.

The issue is that core apps like gboard and phone are often dropped, resulting in poor performance because of limited RAM. I've been able to reduce the memory footprint to about 500 MB, leaving 300 MB free. But, that will quickly climb when launching various apps, causing the OS to drop other, rather necessary apps. Quite stupid on Google's part imo. Apps like Gboard, Phone and Contacts should remain in RAM; it's pretty ridiculous.

If you would be able to reduce the memory footprint to under 500, preferably 400 (50%) then it may significantly increase the performance of those apps.

disabled:
Photos
Google VR Services
TalkBack
ResurrectionOTA (com.resurrection.ota) aka Updates

removed so far:
OmniSwitch (org.omnirom.omniswitch)
OmniStyle (org.omnirom.omnistyle)
OmniJaws (org.omnirom.omnijaws)
ResurrectionStats (android.romstats?) aka ROM Stats

to remove, untested:
AudioFX (org.cyanogenmod.audiofx)
Music2 (com.cyanogenmod.eleven) aka Music (disabled for now)

see this also: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/mod-resurrectionremix-debloat-v1-0-t3456415

Thanks again. These devices just can't handle the bloated memory requirements of Android 7.1.2...

EDIT: Holy ****, average RAM usage is 624MB / 793MB = 78.7% with the phone idle !!!

Unless you know of a magical method to keep apps like Gboard, Phone and Contacts from being dropped... I've tried 3 methods, none work.

Last edited:

betaback

Jan 25, 2018
This is what I mean about bloat... Even after removing those apps, the device is connecting to: 151.101.184.133

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: github.map.fastly.net
Address: 151.101.184.133
Aliases: raw.githubusercontent.com

stackoverflow.com/questions/39065921/what-do-raw-githubusercontent-com-urls-represent

So what is it trying to download? That is the question... and for what purpose?

Hmmm, it appears to be magisk? Needs further investigation. Yup, magisk, nevermind, but why every 30/60 mins? Isn't it just supposed to check for updates when you launch the app? :eek:

Last edited:

Blickhau5

Jun 28, 2016
I have no baseband, no phone functionality, wifi works

C:\Android>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.16.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.20.50.05.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) product: vle
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4010000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4024mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4958290506
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.101s

edit: Nevermind... needed to install firmware.zip

Last edited:

leon90xs

Sep 19, 2013
Guys i installer this rom, but i have to much lags and the apps freeze, anyone have idea for this errors?

I mistakenly I did not clean the Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and then as soon as I installed the rom and gapps I found all my personal apps installed for another rom ([ROM][JB 4.2.2][Sense 5][27.10] ME ROM Classic | Sense 7 Blinkfeed)... but the rom now turns bad and does not work smoothly, I tried to reinstall it all over again without success
Do I have to do something special now? If i installed this rom all is slowly and apps freezing pls help me :(

Last edited:

DrAcula04

Feb 13, 2017
Guys i installer this rom, but i have to much lags and the apps freeze, anyone have idea for this errors?

I mistakenly I did not clean the Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and then as soon as I installed the rom and gapps I found all my personal apps installed for another rom ([ROM][JB 4.2.2][Sense 5][27.10] ME ROM Classic | Sense 7 Blinkfeed)... but the rom now turns bad and does not work smoothly, I tried to reinstall it all over again without success
Do I have to do something special now? If i installed this rom all is slowly and apps freezing pls help me :(

Also wipe data and so on. You can try to wipe system first and install the old rom again to save your data, unless you did it allready.

sakhalines

Dec 17, 2017
Updated With RR-N-v5.8.5-20171213-ville-Unofficial to RR-N-v5.8.5-20180214-ville-Unofficial and again bootloop. Again, the bootloader was restored from the backup copy of RR-N-v5.8.5-20171109-ville-Unofficial. Working. The file can not be broken, because md5 is the same. I do not understand the problem.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Do I need to do wipe dalvik / cache after the update?

leon90xs

Sep 19, 2013
I installed the rom, but i have problem with gapps, no sound audio music and call audio, pls help me :(
if i installed rom without gapps the sound work, but i need gapps :(
Why i have this errors with gapps?
i'm s-off, supercid, hboot 2.16, and last twrp for ville

during installation in twrp i have this:
Patching system image unconditionallly....
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system
It's is ok?

Last edited:

moozon

Jul 28, 2012
Perm
Reactions: magur0

Top Liked Posts