Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Really thanks!
Im happy to know that i don't have to spend this night solving a windows issue

10th October 2015, 06:11 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Had the same issues with Windows 10, the registry file did the trick. Thanks alot (HTC One S)
5th November 2015, 03:32 PM |#33  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirodiro

Had the same issues with Windows 10, the registry file did the trick. Thanks alot (HTC One S)

Sorry, I have Windows 10 too, but this update does't start.
Says "impossible to apply the update in this computer"
12th November 2015, 11:32 PM |#34  

More
Thank you so much, this worked for me in WIN 10 Pro X64, been trying for ages to get my fastboot working. Than you Thank you Thank you

Just used your regedit file

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr3amsINdigital

I know there are multiple fixes out there for getting Windows 8.1 to detect HTC phones while in fastboot mode, but some are dependent on whether you have an Intel or AMD processor and USB 2.0 or 3.0. This is the latest fix, and should work on all types of PCs and HTC phones. It worked for me on my computer with Windows 8.1 x64, Intel processor, and USB 2.0.

This is a repost of a thread by @izi501 in the Wildfire S forums; I just wanted to help spread the word. Credit goes to Auth from 4PDA and @niks255.

The issue has something to do with the BOS descriptor in Windows 8.1. It has been fixed in update rollup 2967917.

Instructions:
1. Install update rollup 2967917 for Windows 8.1.

- To check if you have the update installed already, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates > type "KB2967917" in the search box.
- If you don't have the update installed, open Windows Update to install it.
2. Download the attached file Fastboot.reg.txt and change the extension to Fastboot.reg.
3. Right click on the Start button and choose Command Prompt (admin). Then type "regedit" and press enter.
4. Go to File > Import > choose Fastboot.reg.

That should be it; Windows 8.1 should now be able to detect your phone when in fastboot mode!

15th December 2015, 09:38 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Worked for hTc One V as well on Windows 8.1 all latest windows update already installed.
18th December 2015, 03:52 PM |#36  

More
I can't download the attached file !!
3rd January 2016, 02:06 PM |#37  

More
it wont download the extension
16th April 2016, 04:50 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Confirmed the regitry fix works on Windows 10 x64 too.
The Following User Says Thank You to thedeamon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeamon Ad-Free
24th May 2016, 07:27 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Reg patch fixed it!
Thanks - the reg patch was all I needed!!

On Windows 10, I was running into the same issue - the Android device (an HTC One S) was available to adb in recovery but couldn't be seen by fastboot when in the bootloader (hboot 2.15). In the Windows 10 Device Manager, the device was showing the "USB BOS Descriptor Failed" & "Device Failed Enumeration - Error Code 43" errors, even though the Android and USB hub drivers were installed.

I tried everything to get the device to be recognised by fastboot but, in the end, the registry patch (at the bottom of the first post in this thread) to skip querying the BOS Descriptor fixed it instantly.

Without the patch, it seems that Windows 10, like Windows 8 before it, is unable to use the installed drivers.

There are lots of other threads where people are having the same problem (Google "technet windows-10-android-fastboot-device-failed-enumeration-error-code-43" for an example from the Microsoft website) but all tend to suggest variations on reinstalling drivers.

Thank you!!!
31st May 2016, 09:53 PM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieX2

Thanks - the reg patch was all I needed!!

On Windows 10, I was running into the same issue - the Android device (an HTC One S) was available to adb in recovery but couldn't be seen by fastboot when in the bootloader (hboot 2.15). In the Windows 10 Device Manager, the device was showing the "USB BOS Descriptor Failed" & "Device Failed Enumeration - Error Code 43" errors, even though the Android and USB hub drivers were installed.

I tried everything to get the device to be recognised by fastboot but, in the end, the registry patch (at the bottom of the first post in this thread) to skip querying the BOS Descriptor fixed it instantly.

Without the patch, it seems that Windows 10, like Windows 8 before it, is unable to use the installed drivers.

There are lots of other threads where people are having the same problem (Google "technet windows-10-android-fastboot-device-failed-enumeration-error-code-43" for an example from the Microsoft website) but all tend to suggest variations on reinstalling drivers.

Thank you!!!

I did this on Windows 10 for my HTC One, and it worked at first, then reverted to the original issue. Any tips?
14th June 2016, 08:11 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
NOT WORKING ON WINDOWS 10
Please give a solution on windows 10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fastboot, htc, windows 8.1, windows 8.1 fastboot fix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)