FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Issue with phone with old firmware

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By arepo, Junior Member on 4th March 2017, 02:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all!
I bought S4 phone, but i have problem with it.
it has very old firmware -
Android 4.0.4, but main issue is hboot - version 1.14.0002, radio 1.06es.50.02.31
i can't make s-off, i can't even flash RUU - my RUU is [email protected]#p://androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1. 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 .exe but if i try to flash it, i see message "invalid signature".
I can flash only my native RUU - [email protected]$p://androidruu.com/getdownload.php?file=Ville/RUU_Ville_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.5_Radio_1 .06es.50.02.31_10.09a.50.04L_release_275655_signed .exe
i can only get root with kingo, but s-off is a problem - moonshine fails to do it (10 attempts then message "don't drink and shine" and bricked phone. Recovering possible only flasing native RUU
Please help me, i bought S4 phone only for custom ROM's but now i must use very old stock, flashing official update is impossible.
OTA is available, but when downloading finishes, i see message "archive is damaged". I tried to do this 3 timesm but it fails.
Bootloader screen:
picshare.ru/
uploads/
170304/TVj87aq2vH.jpg

4th March 2017, 09:51 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,665

Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure for why you're using kingo root. You only need to flash SuperSU via TWRP for rooting this device. And for unlocking the bootloader (so that TWRP can get flashed) you only need to register on HTCdev. There's no need for methods like kingo since you need an unlocked bootloader for most S-OFF methods, anyway.

Moonshine is only meant to be used with the T-Mobile version of the One S (S4)/"Ville". According to the RUU you are able to flash, you own the unbranded European version.

For S-OFF you need to use either Facepalm, Rumrunner or Sunshine. Firewater isn't supported anymore and all servers are down so that method isn't an option, anymore.

(Sidenote: All S-OFF methods that I mentioned in this post got created by the same dev(s) and all are known to work with the One S.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)