FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Most stable and light ROM

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By pinusnigra, Junior Member on 9th August 2016, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone!
Looking for stable and light ROM for HTC One S with normal battery life. ROM should NOT be sense-based and should be as vanilla as possible, with least amount of bloatware. Already tried all CM12 builds, battery drains too fast when screen is active and Camera works not so well.

P. S. Don't advice googling for similar threads, they are too old, some things may change since

10th August 2016, 08:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm ok with battery life on latest nightly build.
You can fix camera issues by installing google cam from apkmirror.
Then just to manually change one file to fix low speaker volume and than it's good enought.
The Following User Says Thank You to raf75raf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raf75raf Ad-Free
10th August 2016, 08:55 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raf75raf

I'm ok with battery life on latest nightly build.
You can fix camera issues by installing google cam from apkmirror.
Then just to manually change one file to fix low speaker volume and than it's good enought.

Thank you for your reply! My phone gets too hot with that and battery lasts only 2 hours with screen active. That's a disaster
11th August 2016, 11:54 AM |#4  
Flag .
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinusnigra

Thank you for your reply! My phone gets too hot with that and battery lasts only 2 hours with screen active. That's a disaster

Yeah. Get used to it. The One S wasn't designed to run 2016 operating systems on 2012 hardware. I gave up on recent Android versions and went with the ME ROM Classic. It's Android 4.2, but the stock camera is unbeatable and it actually keeps apps in RAM (whereas with CM12/13 all RAM was eaten up by system).
12th August 2016, 06:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthe

Yeah. Get used to it. The One S wasn't designed to run 2016 operating systems on 2012 hardware. I gave up on recent Android versions and went with the ME ROM Classic. It's Android 4.2, but the stock camera is unbeatable and it actually keeps apps in RAM (whereas with CM12/13 all RAM was eaten up by system).

I agree .
After 3 years with my phone the best rom is the Me Rom.
Amazing battery life (I'm still with the original battery).
Camera is working great .
And on top , sense 7 launcher .

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
26th October 2016, 04:39 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What would you recommend for VilleC2 (One S C2)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)