Currently stable on:
- I'm not responsible for any bricks to your phone. Flash at your own risk!
- If you are going to bake this into your ROM, please add proper credits.
- Send me a PM as a notification that you are going to use this in your ROM.
- mike1986. and the ARHD team for showing me the files used for T-Mobile US WiFi Calling
- T-Mobile and HTC for the original development
- dsixda for Android Kitchen
- Ritesh Sahu for APN Backup & Restore
- Android community
- Thank you for rating, clicking thanks, or donating!
I've been a user of ARHD 31.6 for a long time, but was sad when later versions did not have WiFi calling. Apps like GrooVe IP and Vonage Mobile work great, but they didn't have the same embedded feel or quality that I was used to with T-Mobile WiFi Calling. After what seemed like pointless searching to get T-Mobile Wifi Calling to work on custom HTC Sense ROMS, I finally decided to take matters into my own hands.
Future of this Addon
My hope for this addon is to have it baked into all of our favorite Sense based ROMS.
If you like this addon, there are a couple of ways you can show your support.
- Click the Thanks button.
- Rate this thread.
- Share your experience and ideas on how to make this better.
- Donate by clicking the PayPal button below.
- Sense 6 custom ROM on HTC One m7 running Android 5.0.2
- Unlocked or S-Off
- TWRP recovery
- Valid T-Mobile US SIM card
- Copy the zip to your virtual SD card.
- Boot into recovery
- Make a nandroid backup of /system just in case things go bad <====This is very important!
- Push Install
- Locate and tap the zip file
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Reboot system
- For MMS, follow steps outlined in Post #3.
Known Bugs -- please include the ROM and Android version when reporting bugs
- You tell me!
- SIM card swap (turn wifi off, pop SIM out and back in, turn wifi on)
- Set your E911 address on your T-Mobile profile here.
- Turn wifi off, restart phone, turn wifi on. It can take 2 minutes or so for the wifi calling to get enabled finally.
- Disable sleep mode by going into System Settings > Power > Sleep Mode
- Disable power saver data connection sleep by going into System Settings > Power > Power Saver > Data Connection
- Disable WiFi Optimization by going into System Settings > WiFi > Menu > Advanced > WiFi Optimization
- Install T-Mobile US latest firmware and radio:
- MUST BE S-OFF!!!!
- Download Latest T-Mobile US Firmware below.
- Copy firmware.zip to your fastboot.exe location (example c:/AndroidSDK/platform-tools/)
- Open cmd prompt from within your fastboot directory or cd to it
- Boot device into fastboot mode (power+volume DWN, select fastboot)
- Connect device to PC
- Enter the following cmd and wait for device to reboot into RUU mode:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Enter the following cmd and wait for process to complete (note the on screen progress bar will not fill completely, refer to cmd prompt's output for flash details):
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
- Process will fail after updating Hboot the first time with the following error (normal):
FAIL (remote 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
- Repeat the same command:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
- Once update completes and is successful, enter the this command:
- If you run into issues, additional info can be found here.
ARHD 91.1 Addon - 5.0.2
Stock OTA Firmware 7.18.531.2<===This does not overwrite data. It does overwrite recovery. HTC Development Build red text warning is present.
Modded OTA Firmware 7.18.531.2<===This does not overwrite data. It does not overwrite recovery. HTC Development Build red text warning is removed.
[ADDON]T-Mobile WiFi Calling | Sense 6 | 5.0.2 | ARHD, Device Specific App for the T-Mobile HTC One
Last Updated 2016-01-14