Thanks Meter: 232

By ruizit0, Senior Member on 24th August 2014, 09:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2014, 03:07 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruizit0

check and recheck and typing the correct password is my only suggestion ... its all ok here i can login everywhere

what are you using ? english/chinese version or multilanguage version.
im using english/chinese version :
- open google in browser make error 404
- twitter , line can't login, error set date and time
i'll try with multilanguage version..

thanks

27th August 2014, 05:21 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frza_

what are you using ? english/chinese version or multilanguage version.
im using english/chinese version :
- open google in browser make error 404
- twitter , line can't login, error set date and time
i'll try with multilanguage version..

thanks

im using multilanguage (because im portuguese) no problems here i login everywhere ... try the multilanguage .. or maybe try another keyboard ... i think they use a weird chinese keyboard in the chinese version
27th August 2014, 04:06 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Installed the MultiLang MIUI 4.8.15 and it went smoothly without any problems for me, but how can I disable the Virtual keys? HTC One X (endeavoru) has a set of capacitive buttons and having both feels confusing and uncomfortable.
27th August 2014, 04:23 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlis1989

Installed the MultiLang MIUI 4.8.15 and it went smoothly without any problems for me, but how can I disable the Virtual keys? HTC One X (endeavoru) has a set of capacitive buttons and having both feels confusing and uncomfortable.

download a build prop editor from playstore .. search for qemu.hw.mainkeys and set it to 1 ... reboot and you are done
27th August 2014, 04:50 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

download a build prop editor from playstore .. search for qemu.hw.mainkeys and set it to 1 ... reboot and you are done

Thanks, but I'll have to admit I didn't get to try it out... there was an OTA Update available to update to MIUI 4.8.22 Weekly which installed successfully and works without a hitch (kept the multilang) so far, the Virtual keys also went away.

P.S. thanks for posting this ROM, the timing couldn't have been better - I wanted to install MIUI for preview and testing purposes and give the phone to my not so tech savy dad, who's still using his old Galaxy SII and has been thinking about an upgrade.

EDIT: Nope, I was incorrect - the 4.8.22 is not multilang, reverted back to 4.8.15
27th August 2014, 07:27 PM |#26  
Flag Delhi-NCR
Thanks Meter: 2,010

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmil

IMHO, latest sense 4.2 based version is 4.5.23 http://goo.im/devs/ibotpeaches/miuia....23_jb-4.2.zip

Is this stable than the normal miui??
27th August 2014, 08:24 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantry123

I do not want to touch anybody, but I have not heard about stable miui. Or better said, not bugged miui. And at second place, I do not use it, as source codes of ROM should not be more secret than codes to nuclear weapons. Besides, ROM HW requirements are horrible in my opinion, with lots of ballast. MIUI for me is like - more stripes, more adidas. I just shared latest Sense 4.2 build link, nothing else. As I touched miui only once, and it was enough
27th August 2014, 08:39 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlis1989

Thanks, but I'll have to admit I didn't get to try it out... there was an OTA Update available to update to MIUI 4.8.22 Weekly which installed successfully and works without a hitch (kept the multilang) so far, the Virtual keys also went away.

P.S. thanks for posting this ROM, the timing couldn't have been better - I wanted to install MIUI for preview and testing purposes and give the phone to my not so tech savy dad, who's still using his old Galaxy SII and has been thinking about an upgrade.

EDIT: Nope, I was incorrect - the 4.8.22 is not multilang, reverted back to 4.8.15

1. download this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ditor&hl=pt-PT
2. in search field find this field "qemu.hw.mainkeys"
3. change the values from "0" to "1"
4. reboot and done .. uninstall build prop editor dont needed anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantry123

normal miui for me was stable ... this version for me is stable ... cm11 for me is stable... dont know what you mean with "more stable than normal"

Quote:

I do not want to touch anybody, but I have not heard about stable miui. Or better said, not bugged miui. And at second place, I do not use it, as source codes of ROM should not be more secret than codes to nuclear weapons. Besides, ROM HW requirements are horrible in my opinion, with lots of ballast. MIUI for me is like - more stripes, more adidas. I just shared latest Sense 4.2 build link, nothing else. As I touched miui only once, and it was enough

every rom has is bugs, thats why they launch updates, even original sense roms has his own bugs ... i use cm11 or any 4.4 rom, or this miui .. or the sense base miui without any problems or major bugs ...

did you find any bug in normal miui or in this miui that prevents you from using miui as your daily rom ? if yes say what please

"I do not use it, as source codes of ROM should not be more secret than codes to nuclear weapons. " kinda paranoid no ? are you afraid that the chineses are spying you trough miui ? lol ... but i respect your opinion ,.. i use miui several years ... its not perfect ? yes its not ... HW not so optimized ? no its not ... but cm is not so optimized to, or any 4.4 rom out there is not perfect and has bugs for our device ... but i can live with it ... and im gratefull that stills exists some updated roms for our device ... you should do the same... or just stick to stock sense
The Following User Says Thank You to ruizit0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ruizit0 Ad-Free
27th August 2014, 09:15 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

"I do not use it, as source codes of ROM should not be more secret than codes to nuclear weapons. " kinda paranoid no ? are you afraid that the chineses are spying you trough miui ? lol ... but i respect your opinion ,.. i use miui several years ... its not perfect ? yes its not ... HW not so optimized ? no its not ... but cm is not so optimized to, or any 4.4 rom out there is not perfect and has bugs for our device ... but i can live with it ... and im gratefull that stills exists some updated roms for our device ... you should do the same... or just stick to stock sense

You misunderstood me, I coulnd't tell how much stable this build is, and I explained why I can not say that I am gratefull for every ROM for HOX, but that doesn't mean I can not express my opinions. Sure, 4.4 ROMs for HOX have a bugs, but we should "thank" for this to HTC And I can't actually say what bugs I had on MIUI as it's been a while since I used it (it might be helpfull to check changelogs of their weekly updates), but it if was something unecessary I am sure I would stick with MIUI. But I did not It is everybody's choice which ROM they use, I only said why I do not use it. That's all. And I do not consider myself as paranoid (used to be, but we are ok now )
27th August 2014, 10:06 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

You misunderstood me, I coulnd't tell how much stable this build is, and I explained why I can not say that I am gratefull for every ROM for HOX, but that doesn't mean I can not express my opinions. Sure, 4.4 ROMs for HOX have a bugs, but we should "thank" for this to HTC And I can't actually say what bugs I had on MIUI as it's been a while since I used it (it might be helpfull to check changelogs of their weekly updates), but it if was something unecessary I am sure I would stick with MIUI. But I did not It is everybody's choice which ROM they use, I only said why I do not use it. That's all. And I do not consider myself as paranoid (used to be, but we are ok now )

you have your reasons ... i respect that ... i trust in xiaomi / miuiandroid .. so i dont care if they hide the rom code better then nuclear codes .. maybe its just because comercial reasons and not because they have spyware in the code ... no worries on here ... i cant see the windows code to but im typing from windows righ now

as for bugs .. it dependes on the use you made on your phone .. for me is more than perfect for daily use .. i use my phone for calls / sms / internet / music and some pictures and i didnt find any bug yet that affects my daily use ..

for me is perfect this miui 4.4 and came in the right time .. my hox was getting boring and this was like a fresh breath xD
28th August 2014, 08:15 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Cool feedback on the MIUI ROM
Hello. I have installed this ROM and currently working fine. Some things are annoying but getting use to it.

1) There was no keyboard in fresh installation.
2) Less customization in default Launcher.
- can't remove icons or folders from home screen.
- no button to show all apps
3) You won't see icons of those apps which are on SD card when you enable SD Card on your system.
4) Some apps crashes randomly
5) Chinese language in Store that should be English when you set device language to English. - Lots of Chinese huh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)