[ROM][Unofficial][30.Aug] SlimLP 5.1.1 [RRO2.1][Beta]

Search This thread

milda25

Apr 23, 2008
+1
Only one unpleasant thing - HW Overlay switch is self changed after reboot (same as in the KK). Is there a chance to fix it?

Sent from my One X using XDA Free mobile app

yossi2010

Feb 6, 2012
netanya
Well thank you for the review, keep them coming :good:
I don't use the phone much for heavy tasks like games and video recording. Always set video at 720 (don't need more, plus it can be played by slow computers). Is framerate constant or does it vary as on Sense (I think it did, not sure) ?

By multitasking, do you mean using recents ? I can make it crash (hard reboot) in landscape, when trying to scroll.

Reports on root usage is welcome, as LP is more demanding. Slim use "superuser" from Koush(cm). SuperSU may be ahead of superuser, try it if superuser fail. I have not seen any fails yet, but it may come.

Can't comment on Titanium and ES, I use 3cToolbox and RootExplorer with no problems.

LP is more demanding?(unless you mean security wise^^)
With your light 160 mb rom and cm12 lp gapps i have around 500 mb ram free all the time(got a min of 470)
apps take 2 secs maximum to launch.
The UI is fluid like never before and root is working fine(though titanium does recommend me to get supersu due to old v16 binaries or something) some apps doesn't detect the root(old versions of root apps and es file manager but root eplorer does.)
Landscape multitasking with HW overlays off doesn't crash no matter what i try to do. (stuffed it and scrolled it hard back and forth entered and exited apps excessively)
Landscape recents used to crash cm11 m12 too(if not crash just hang it and restart the launcher) and disabling hw fixed it.
IMO you should put this tip in the OP(disable HW overlay or dont enter landscape recents)

The only problem i had so far was that wifi didn't turn on once(turning on forever) a restart fixed it.
move to sd works fine indeed.

Camera: better than kk so far, snaps fast and works great(stock app) have't tried google yet.
Video: 1080p preview seems to drop frames(just a lil) when recording but when played back the video is fine and not skipping.
Didn't try 720p ^^(i barely record vids its a storage hog).
Battery at 34 degrees.(great!)

Google apps and sync: all synced well. google apps are working faster.(google calendar scrolls way smoother now)
all material apps that used to work slow in kk now are fast and have a lot of animations that were missing in kk.

what i miss: low friction scrolling :p(used xposed to achieve that)
disable/tweak button backlights.
s2w is direction dependent.

question: if I change these values via a root explorer/userinit will the rom keep on working? i ask because you said some stuff about enabling/disabling s2w causing a screen of death.

Reactions: teemo

Szighy

Dec 31, 2010
Honestly I was looking sceptical on these Lollipop builds, couldn't believe the people who told in the forum that it's very fast. I was bored today and I thought that I will give it a chance. Wow, I recommend everyone to upgrade from KK, for my daily usage, it's excellent.

Supernak

May 8, 2012
thanks for the rom!
just installed and all works flawless for now.
the phone is really fast and smooth.
thanks a lot again!

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
there's probably a security setting issue somewhere

edit - i don't know what the issue is. but i can confirm that on the aicp version of lollipop i am able to use titanium to restore.

Clean install?
Did you enable root in developer settings?
What Superuser us in AICP ?
Has anyone had success with tb restore with the root included in the ROM?

Works fine for me restoring with 3cToolbox.

That said, restoring is tricky. Reboot after restore and then check if your app is still there. Sometimes they disappear. A few times I had to manually delete all files and install from play store, then restore data.

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
my titanium backup runs, gets root access but doesn't restore apps. it's been stuck on the first app for well over 30 minutes.

Clean install?
Check if the app you install already have files in these places:
/data/data/'your-app-name'
/data/app
/data/dalvik-cache/arm
/data/dalvik-cache/profiles
Delete all and try again. Maybe try to install from play store first.

anto12

Aug 12, 2010
my titanium works now :)
update to latest version at least v6.2.0.1 when in v6.1.5.3 cant get root access. in v6.2.0.1 root access success, try to restore my backup just stuck in restoring app. reboot my hox. install superuser from playstore, restore again and yes now works flawless

thanks,

after couple day using this rom i think the battery more better from any KitKat rom even SlimKat at least for me. with the same usage i have more time screen on.

thanks temoo for the great rom.

thanks,

Last edited:

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
Does anyone else get the error in Firefox (running 34.0.5) that One.com doesn't support it?

Code:
Sorry, it looks like you are using a browser that is not supported by One.com File Manager

I just installed 34.0.1 (play store)
No problems on one.com reading my email.
Did you download a beta ?

xOutcasTx

Dec 19, 2013
Bradford
I have had no problems so far. Titanium backup restore works. And root I don't know as I installed SuperSU because I like it more. But when I installed it it asked for root access from superuser so it should work when you enable from dev options.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TAGTRAUM

Jun 6, 2008
Stuttgart
Titanium works, my setup is enabled Developer options with DISABLED root access, and flashed SuperSU 2.42, TB restoring apps easy :cyclops:

TAGTRAUM

Jun 6, 2008
Stuttgart
UMS works in phone part - icon in statusbar, press on "Turn on USB storage", nothing happens, after few seconds FC for com.android.media, device doesn't appear in Windows explorer, detect Unknown Device, installed original Google drivers, detect now as "Android Composite ADB Interface", still nothing in Explorer )))
***EDIT: Turned off USB Debugging, "HTC STORAGE" Removable Device appear, UMS working, transfer speed about 3MB/s :eek:
Another little observation - some hiss sound when lock/unlock device

Last edited:

yossi2010

Feb 6, 2012
netanya
i have tried audiofx and its good but i like v4a over any other equalizer...

i think dsp is the best any way to get it back?

the rom is stable software wise but currently there is only one major bug.
it is the phone(dialer) it tends to be slow/crashy after a short call(especially failed ones)
all bugs are radio wise(wifi "turning on" forever sometimes)
i can live with it fine as it is better than kk builds ^^
how can i see my screen on time? didn't find it.

anyway the camera is in the best shape since sense and the sound OMG the sound!
the sound is almost realtime!(just like on the iphone) plus there is no stuttery music anymore.
and how comes the rom is only 160 mb? is there any way that the "slim" roms will stay as slim as that?

titanium 6.2.0.1(latest) worked without tweaking but i cant access the menu:p
anyway @teemo you asked about gaming experience... even though this is running ART i have'nt experienced any 3d performance decrease. the opposite having 500 mb free ram helps gaming smoothness^^(with fruit ninja running,and taking 151 mb, i have 313 mb left)

cosmetic bugs:
i alwaaays have 2 bars of signal?
superuser(built in) is white on white(just like in cm11 white settings themes)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Updated 31.August

SlimLP 5.1.1 BETA

511-4a1.png

What's new
    Latest ROM is for New Layout only. Flash BOOT.IMG!

ROM (18.June)for Old Layout here.
    Want to build yourself? Everything is here.
    Let me know if anything is missing!
    First Time / Recommended Install:
    Code:
    [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]
    MAKE SURE YOU PICK A ZIP FOR [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61416495&postcount=503"][U]THE CORRECT LAYOUT[/U][/URL][/B]
    [SIZE="2"]
    * Backup your app-data with Google/[URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup"][U]TB[/U][/URL]/[URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at.free"][U]3C-ToolBox[/U][/URL]([URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at"][U]pro[/U][/URL]) or whatever you use.
    * Enter Recovery. [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=devices&uid=24421527759885641"][U]TWRP[/U][/URL]
    - Make NANDROID
    - Copy [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61416495&postcount=503"][U]ROM[/U][/URL], [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=62062178&postcount=549"][U]GAPPS[/U][/URL] to HOX sdcard or xtradata.
    - Wipe all except sdcard and xtradata.
    - Flash ROM, GAPPS and [URL="https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/"][U]SuperSU[/U][/URL][COLOR="Indigo"]*[/COLOR]([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053"][U]xda[/U][/URL])
    - Reboot to Bootloader
    - Extract boot.img from ROM to your PC
    - Flash boot.img from PC: [FONT="Courier New"]fastboot flash boot boot.img

[COLOR="Indigo"]* Note: Root and su is included in the ROM. SuperSU is not needed for root/su, but you are free to "upgrade".[/COLOR]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]
    REBOOT

Should be ready in less than X minutes depending on gapps and old stuff if dirty flashing.
    Updating from previous 5.x ROM can be dirty flashed: Just flash the new ROM and boot.img.
    If you don't wipe data, first boot time can be very long!

On first screen, wait until phone has identified the SIM for detection of your country.
    For GSM data to work, go to Settings-More-Mobile networks-APN. Tap your APN, make any change (eg:set MVNO to "none"), save the APN and select it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Unofficial] SlimLP, ROM for the HTC One X

Contributors
    teemo
    Source Code: https://github.com/teemodk/slimx_manifest/blob/lp5.0/README.mkdn

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 5.1.x

Created 2014-12-26
    Last Updated 2016-03-05
    Issues & workarounds

I: No menu button. No customisation for buttons and no softbuttons.
    W: Wait for update :p

I: Recent apps may cause instant reboot.
    W: "Disable HW overlays" in Developer options.
    ?

I: I don't want Sweep2Wake :crying:
    W: Then you are out of luck - for now s2w is default on. Activating s2w from script or app currently cause sod after boot. Try to turn it off with an app or script. Let us know what works and what doesn't.

I: My custom sounds are not working.
    W: Make sure the folders and files have the correct attributes. Sounds should go in sdcard/Ringtones, sdcard/Notifications etc...

I: The DPI changer kill my network.
    W: Yes - instantly :D - To avoid this, put HOX in airplane mode before you change DPI. Toggle back online when Android has restarted.

2015.02.22 SlimLP Alpha 1.0
    Main update is buttons configuration.
    Video recording does not work. Did it work on previous Alpha ?
    Viper4Android is back! Download. Install and reboot. Done. Do not mess with selinux disablers! Just install and reboot.
    SlimLP beta-3 2015.08.06 New Layout

This ROM is for New Layout only.
    Flash ROM and FLASH BOOT.IMG!

ROM is build right from Slims sources - now Beta 3 - with some additions:
    - RRO Layers 2.1
    - Some volume stuff (expandable controls not included this time).
    - Other stuff I don't remember, not much though.

Kernel: A few fixes. Please test data connectivity (wifi/gsm) and report if better or worse.