[ROM][unofficial] HTC One X CyanogenMod 12.0 (updated 2015-02-28)

Search This thread

raminjpr

Aug 15, 2013
I'm sorry Google play Music works perfectly..:) :)

Initially when I've tested the google play music, it immediately closed...but after updating to the latest google play music, it worked perfectly...:) :) I believe this build looks pretty solid for unofficial build...:) :) just the App2sd limits me from using or updating the loads of apps...but we can't expect a lot in this build, you've done a splendid work for all of the HOX users....now you can enjoy the Christmas and new year...I'm sure most of them can use this for next 2 weeks without disturbing you...:) If you still have time to poke into the rom, kindly check for APP2SD(insufficient storage)...it's the first preference for most of them..:) :)

Battery life is decent, just like in CM 11 ...i can't see extreme battery saving...but it's decent...:)

Let's see what we have so far.

Calls work but no data (@PaKii94, @lalit387)

I verified that data works on my device with my SIM. Sometimes the IP routes are not set correctly. Try disabling Wi-Fi and then toggling data to fix this. If the problem persists then check your APN settings and send me the output of "netcfg" and "ip route".
Also see post #33 from @teemo.

Google Play Music is broken (@raminjpr)

No idea. Works for me.

App to SD is broken (@raminjpr, @anttaz)

Possible and likely. I have not tested it.

set_metadata_recursive error when flashing GApps (@PaKii94)

Most likely due to an too old recovery. Try the recovery from the first post.

What about battery life (@genit)

I don't use the device under normal conditions. So I can't really say anything about it. But it doesn't look like it has improved.

Problems with UMS (@genit)

It should work. It does for me (Windows and Linux). Once activated you cannot deactivate it anymore without pulling the cable. So eject the volume and unplug the USB cable.

Wi-Fi Hotspot is not working (@genit, @paulh1978)

It used to work in an earlier build but to be honest I haven't verified that it works in the build I posted. Please post a logcat.

Not enough space on /data due to ART (@chihliouma, @anttaz)

This is an issue as our /data partition is only 2GB. People with many app will run out of space. It played around with a different storage layout (/sdcard will be become /data and /data will become /cache) that should give us plenty of space. But that requires wiping the complete phone and kills UMS. Furthermore it will make old recoveries and ROMs incompatible.

RaVe-N

Sep 20, 2010
Wow! This is simply the best rom I have had on my phone in ages. I'm not putting CM11 down but how is it that a preview build is more stable and smoother than a rom that's been around for like so long...?
I haven't experienced any problems. Yes first boot is long but that's ART for you - same thing as when you install an app, it takes much longer...

Best thing is that so far I haven't been able to make the audio skip a single beat - unlike CM11 when it would skip all the time!

Mobile data works without having to do anything for me...

The only issue I've seen is that you can't just unmount USB storage - as you stated you have to unplug then unmount... So not really an issue at all!

EDIT:
I've just noticed that I can't get gesture typing to work in the Google keyboard... Anybody managed that?
Thanks soooo much Thömy! You're the best!

Last edited:

dodjob

Jan 25, 2008
Maxhütte-Haidhof
OK.
Moving APP to SD is not Working. ( not enough place on sd error)
"Gesture typing" also not
Otherwise this rom is so smooth it pains me to ever have used another :D. Big big prop Mr thömy
Main thing is app free place I think.
Art takes a lot of place and even with a few apps, its immediately packed.
I would say that if the price would be to new recovery + SD format... I'm totally in :Thanks thanks and... Well.. Thanks

Sent from my One X using XDA Free mobile app

kruzzo

May 5, 2011
Everything is working perfectly and for those who have the ums problem, try to change the device driver from the default HTC one to USB mass storage, it fixed the problem for me.
And thank you thomy for this awesome rom.

Last edited:

kicikk

Mar 7, 2012
Szczecin

This is an issue as our /data partition is only 2GB. People with many app will run out of space. It played around with a different storage layout (/sdcard will be become /data and /data will become /cache) that should give us plenty of space. But that requires wiping the complete phone and kills UMS. Furthermore it will make old recoveries and ROMs incompatible.

It will not be a problem if the moving apps to SD Card will be working. Moving apps to SD is something that you are going to fix or this in not fixable in 5.0 for some reasons?

DumbleCore

Nov 27, 2012
Hobb’s End
I'm writing through Mobile data now, it's weak but working how ever I'm not able to log in to Google, using slim gapps

Tapped from another Dimension

vbaros

Mar 25, 2011

That would be perfect. Would there be anything negative if we change layouts?

fthunter

Dec 4, 2010
Everything seems to work great however low storage space is a major issue :/ also i miss the option to make recent app switcher button long press a menu button

ByteBite

Nov 7, 2014
I've managed to get internet working on the Dutch KPN network, just set portalmmm.nl as your APN, and restart your mobile network.

(APN settings below, maybe the devs need it)
APN: portalmmm.nl
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not sert
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mp.mobiel.kpn/mmsc (probably not needed, but its here anyways)
MMS-proxy: 10.10.100.20
MMS-port: 5080
MCC: 204
MNC: 08
Verificationtype: not set
APN-type: default,supl,mms
APN-protocol: IPv4
Roamingprotocol: IPv4
(cant translate it correctly, ("drager" in Dutch, carrier? its not a provider related thing. the options are LTE and eHRPD.) not specified
MVNO-type: none (the same on all APNs, this was the only one that actually works)
MVNO-value: not set

Maybe this helps!

Petert87

Nov 6, 2012
Emmeloord
HTC One (M8)
Nokia 7 Plus
I've managed to get internet working on the Dutch KPN network, just set portalmmm.nl as your APN, and restart your mobile network.

(APN settings below, maybe the devs need it)
APN: portalmmm.nl
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not sert
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mp.mobiel.kpn/mmsc (probably not needed, but its here anyways)
MMS-proxy: 10.10.100.20
MMS-port: 5080
MCC: 204
MNC: 08
Verificationtype: not set
APN-type: default,supl,mms
APN-protocol: IPv4
Roamingprotocol: IPv4
(cant translate it correctly, ("drager" in Dutch, carrier? its not a provider related thing. the options are LTE and eHRPD.) not specified
MVNO-type: none (the same on all APNs, this was the only one that actually works)
MVNO-value: not set

Maybe this helps!

I think every carrier is using own settings? I'm on Vodafone NL. Now busy with 1st boot. How long does it takes for boot?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

ByteBite

Nov 7, 2014
I think every carrier is using own settings? I'm on Vodafone NL. Now busy with 1st boot. How long does it takes for boot?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

It took 6 minuten and 30 seconds.

Btw, I posted it so maybe somebody can look on the APN settings for the thing that makes it work.

[offtopic]i dont like Vodafone, they lend you the phone, its not yours. [/offtopic]

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

(sorry, there does not seem to be a edit button, i do have it in other topics)

Smart Lock w/ NFC does not work. Not at all. I do see the screen that asks me to scan a tag, I can't scan it.
I can scan NFC tags normally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We will not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our instructions word by word
    • are unfriendly

WIKI

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Endeavoru_Info

INSTRUCTIONS

First time installing CyanogenMod 12.0 to your HTC One X (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    • Read the official wiki
    • Read known issues and FAQs
    • DO A BACKUP
    • Unlock your device via http://www.htcdev.com if you haven't done so already
    • Read post #3 and flash a recovery supporting the new storage layout
    • DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    • Copy GApps and the CM 12.0 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash the CM 12.0 zip from SD card
    • Flash GApps for Lollipop from SD card
    • Flash the boot.img included in the CM 12.0 zip via Fastboot
    • Reboot (be patient, "optimizing apps" takes a while)
    • Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    • Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.0:
    • If you're coming from a pre-/data/media build read post #3
    • Copy the CM 12.0 zip to your SD card
    • Boot into Recovery
    • DO A BACKUP
    • Optionally flash the most recent GApps for Lollipop if you encounter problems
    • Flash the boot.img included in the CM 12.0 zip via Fastboot if necessary. If in doubt, flash it.

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 11.0: (untested and unsupported, see FAQ below)
    • Read the known issues and FAQs
    • DO A BACKUP
    • Read post #3 and flash a recovery supporting the new storage layout
    • Copy GApps and CM 12.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash GApps for Lollipop from SD card
    • Flash the boot.img included in the CM 12.0 zip via Fastboot

DOWNLOADS

Recovery: See post #3
    CM12.0 unofficial testing builds:

Old layout:

New Layout (read post #3):

CM12.0 official stable builds: Not available
    CM12.0 official nightly builds: Not available
    Google Apps: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip

CHANGELOG

http://github.com/CyanogenMod & http://www.cmxlog.com/12/#

2015-02-28
    • Synced with CM
    • Fixed an issue with some SIM cards
    • Fixed USB OTG
    • Fixed broken Wi-Fi after a soft reboot
    • Device encryption should work (make a backup first!)
    • Fixed Rezound Proximity Calibrator

2015-02-14
    Uses new storage layout. Read post #3. New boot.img and a complete wipe is required!
    • Synced with CM
    • Maybe working Google Play Movies

2015-02-03
    Fixed boot.img is not required but recommended.
    • Synced with CM
    • UMS situation unchanged from 2015-01-11
    • Included a fix to allow moving Apps to SD
    • Allow toggling NVIDIA smartdimmer under Settings -> Display -> Advanced settings -> Adaptive backlight (with fixed boot.img)
    • Allow toggling sweep2wake under Settings -> Display -> Advanced settings -> Double-tap to wake (with fixed boot.img)
    • Allow changing the vibrator intensity under Settings -> Sound & notification -> Other sounds -> Vibrator intensity (with fixed boot.img)
    2015-01-11
    • Synced with CM
    • Default to MTP for new installations (set it to MTP manually in the storage settings when coming from an older build)
    • Revert some custom UMS related fixes which restores the stupid pre 2015-01-02 auto-mount behavior. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU WANT TO USE UMS
    • Enable multi-user UI (and guest mode)
    • Fix setting maximum CPU frequency
    • Fix signal strength
    2015-01-02
    • Synced with CM
    • Fixed SD card / UMS mounting issues
    • Fixed tethering
    • Button backlight is now adjustable
    • Long press action for "Recents button" now available (back is still missing)
    • USB connection mode can now be set to MTP
    2014-12-17
    • First testing build

KNOWN ISSUES

Roughly in order of seriousness.

• Outgoing calls & mobile data might be problematic
      • There is currently an issue with some SIM cards (MultiSim?) that don't work properly. You are able to receive calls and SMS messages but you cannot make calls or send SMS and mobile data does not work. The cause has been identified: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88932/
    • No mobile data after disabling Wi-Fi
      • IP routes are not updated properly (check if "ip route")
      • Disable and enable mobile data to work around this
    • Recent App switcher is broken in landscape and may cause reboots.
      • Workaround: Select "Disable HW overlays" in the Developer options.
    • Using NFC with the Smart Lock feature causes a deadlock.
    • No device encryption possible.
    • No P2P/Wi-fi Direct.
    • Battery stats list Wi-Fi as always turned on even though it was disabled.
    • Audio may be problematic with MHL.
    • Sense 5 camera features not available (no burst, no zero-shutter-lag, picture quality seems to be worse).
    • Docking stations are not properly supported
      • Dock speakers do not work
      • Select "Disable HW overlays" in the Developer options to avoid crashes
      • Dock drains the battery
    • Proximity sensor issues (screen stays black after call, hardware issue, it may not affect you).
    • SD card might not be available or might be always shown as shared.
      • Workaround: unplug the phone from your PC.
    • Moving Apps to SD is broken
    • Tethering seems the broken
    • No MTP
    • Mobile signal display is incorrect.
    • Unable to change the maximum CPU frequency through the settings.

FAQ
    • Can I dirty flash coming from CM 11.0?
      • It should work.
    • Do I need to update the recovery?
      • Please read post #3.
    • Where are the Sweep2Wake, Button Backlight Notifications and Fast Charge Settings?
      • Not accessible anymore from the settings. The functionality is still in the kernel. See second post for details.
    • When do the nightlies start? When do upload the next version? When do you fix XYZ?
      • I don't know.
    • Device not recognized in Windows (Recovery, UMS, MTP)
    • Xposed?
      • No.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.0, ROM for the HTC One X

Contributors
    Thömy
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-12-17
    Last Updated 2015-02-28
    That would be perfect. Would there be anything negative if we change layouts?
    I've written this some time ago: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18vQHROvkJIvrrfGV95EVcwbeWHU5rPwhwN4t3qebGk0/edit?usp=sharing

I would like to switch. The problem is the confusion it can cause. All recoveries and ROMs that exist will become incompatible. If you have problems then there is no easy way to go back.
    Here are instructions to enable or disable some features that were previously in the advanced settings menu. Currently untested with Lollipop!

Button Backlight Notifications (enabled by default)

Button backlight notifications are enabled/disabled by settings write permissions on a special file. To disable them remove the write permission for the sysfs file with
    Code:
    chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/slow_blink
    Only execute it while the lights are not currently blinking.

The newest kernel also contains the ability to limit to the notification brightness. Do
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/slow_blink_brightness_limit
    to limit the brightness to your normal button backlight brightness (which you can adjust in the settings).

Fast Charge (disabled by default)

Fast charging is disabled by default and can be enabled with
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/htc_battery/fast_charge

Sweep2Wake (disabled by default)

Code:
    # Enable s2w
    echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake
    # Adjust the needed swipe length. 325 for one button (default), 500 for two buttons and 850 for three buttons
    echo 500 > /sys/android_touch/s2w_min_distance
    # Disable direction independent behaviour
    echo 0 > /sys/android_touch/s2w_allow_stroke

Nvidia SmartDimmer (disabled by default)

Now called "Adaptive backlight". Setting was moved to the "Display & LED" menu.

All settings where you manually have to execute a command are not persisted between reboots. You can use a third party app that supports toggling the settings or you can put the commands into /data/local/userinit.sh to apply them at boot.
    The New Storage Layout

To combat the space problems on Lollipop due to ART builds will be switched to the /data/media storage layout that is commonly used with newer Android devices.
    The new partition layout will change our internal SD card be the /data partition. The internal SD card will also be located in this partition under /data/media. This means the 25GB can now be distributed freely between Apps, Data, Music, Picutres, Dalvik cache, ... that were previously on separate partitions. Moving apps to SD is unnecessary now.

The transition to the new layout requires a complete wipe including the SD card contents.

Advantages
    • Free disk space problems are largely gone because the sdcard and /data share the same place
    • Properly supporting UMS and supporting moving Apps to SD is getting harder and harder. This change will make both unnecessary

Disadvantages
    • 2GB (size of the old /data partition) are “lost”
    • Breaks compatibility with all existing ROMs, recoveries and boot.imgs
    • Hopping between Sense and CM based ROMs will be nearly impossible
    • No more UMS, only MTP

Downloads
    Recoveries using the old storage layout.

Recoveries using the new storage layout
    TWRP 2.8.4.3 (by @teemo, @Thunder07)

Migration

Basic steps for switching to the new storage layout.
    1. Flash a recovery using the new layout
    2. Reboot to new recovery
    3. Format /data (Wipe -> Format Data in TWRP)
    4. Flash ROM (don't forget the boot.img)

SD Card Data Migration

This guide uses TWRP 2.8.4.x to convert your phone without losing data.
    1. Boot into the TWRP recovery supporting the old layout
    2. Make a backup (only /data needed)
    3. Copy everything (including hidden folders) from the SD card to your pc
      • You can use UMS or MTP
      • This will include the backup
    4. Reboot to fastboot and flash the new TWRP recovery using the new layout
    5. Flash the boot.img from the ROM you are using
    6. Reboot to new recovery
    7. Format /data (Wipe -> Format Data)
    8. Go back to Mount and enable MTP if it is disabled
    9. Reboot the recovery
    10. Restore your SD card backup to the Internal SD card
      • Use the “Internal Storage” device
      • Execute “adb shell chown -R media_rw:media_rw /data/media/0/” to fix the permissions
    11. Restore your /data backup from the SD card
      • If you don’t see any backups then you might have to move /data/media/0/TWRP to /data/media/TWRP manually
    12. Flash the new ROM
      • adb push and flash it or use adb sideload, it’s your choice

More Information

You'll find more information in the New Storage Layout for HOX Endeavoru thread by @teemo and in the New Storage Layout document by myself
    New build available

****, missed the 2015-02-03 (GMT +2) by a couple of minutes. So here's the new and already outdated build :)

2015-02-03
    Fixed boot.img is not required but recommended.
    • Synced with CM
    • UMS situation unchanged from 2015-01-11
    • Included a fix to allow moving Apps to SD
    • Allow toggling NVIDIA smartdimmer under Settings -> Display -> Advanced settings -> Adaptive backlight (with fixed boot.img)
    • Allow toggling sweep2wake under Settings -> Display -> Advanced settings -> Double-tap to wake (with fixed boot.img)
    • Allow changing the vibrator intensity under Settings -> Sound & notification -> Other sounds -> Vibrator intensity (with fixed boot.img)