HTC M7 No Pink tint issu Any more( new camera module )

Search This thread

Tarabas51

Nov 10, 2013
Hi Guys,

I need some advice on the subjected problem. I have an HTC One m7 801s handheld device. After 2.5 yrs the battery was bleeding out and I had the pink tint problem as many other early devices did.
So I decided to upgrade those two parts of the device since the rest of the phone was pleasant for me.
I ordered an alleged 2800mAh battery from Aliexpress and a replacement camera module.
On a quiet Sunday morning I did the operation and the patient survived however the camera module did not work as expected.
Please see the attached pics. After I started taking photos the edge of the pic remained blurry then as I tried to focus on closer items I discovered the camera did not go back to its original position and finally it ended up only making macro photos.
Do you think it could be the problem of assembly or simply a hardware problem in the replacement camera module?

Ask your seller for another camera module, the one you got is faulty. And if you are still having issues with your battery, it is a software issue, I had it too, in order to get rid of it, just boot into recovery and Wipe Cache, that's it. :cool:

Reactions: Saf98

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Ask your seller for another camera module, the one you got is faulty. And if you are still having issues with your battery, it is a software issue, I had it too, in order to get rid of it, just boot into recovery and Wipe Cache, that's it. :cool:

I don't have the camera problem but have you had charging port problem? It charges but it keeps moving side to side and metal part of the port looks like its kinda expanded? It could be the housing thats messed up too.

I didn't do it myself. Nor would I suggest anyone to do it at home or makeshift repair shop. The M7 has very beautiful build design and it would be a shame to ruin it.
I gave the phone at the HTC Pune service centre. Got it back without a scratch. They charge you extra for non India specific device... I don't know why.

Ba7rani

Apr 16, 2012
Manama
For these who replaced their battery , follow next step and your battery life will be better ..

1. charge it to 100%

2. reboot into recovery (twrp)

3. go to : advance > file manager > data > system
and delete file with name: batterystats.bin

reboot ,, you will notice the charge drop to around 80%..! charge it again to 100% and repeat 1-3 ..

sometimes battery percentage shows less than real charged , this steps should fix.

sorry for my weak eng lang.

Reactions: vidura1991

lalombriz7

May 5, 2010
I have an AT&T HTCOne M7 silver 32GB with this camera issue. I am looking for the camera module to replace the damaged one but all I get on eBay and Alibaba is compatibility for 801e/s/n 802t/w/d models. I am not able to find which kind of model my phone would be. I have a part number PN07120 but that's all. It seems those models denominations are for european and international versions.. Does anybody knows which module will fit better for my phone? I even called U.S. HTC product support and they are not able to determine the model..
Thanks

vidura1991

Feb 7, 2011
Colombo
I have an AT&T HTCOne M7 silver 32GB with this camera issue. I am looking for the camera module to replace the damaged one but all I get on eBay and Alibaba is compatibility for 801e/s/n 802t/w/d models. I am not able to find which kind of model my phone would be. I have a part number PN07120 but that's all. It seems those models denominations are for european and international versions.. Does anybody knows which module will fit better for my phone? I even called U.S. HTC product support and they are not able to determine the model..
Thanks

Can you take photo your m7 back bottom side info label? Maybe i can help you

Reactions: lalombriz7

lalombriz7

May 5, 2010

Attachments

• IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0476.jpg
    IMAG0476.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 259

vidura1991

Feb 7, 2011
Colombo
Of course, here they are..

Your phone is GSM just like international phone. Only change 4G brand only. both your phone main board same like international main board. You can replace camera module without your carrier. But i can't 100% sure.i only suer 50/50. You can try it.

Some camera module in ebay just like a pic don't buy1453796832186.jpg. Only buy 13P1BS402 you can see it.its a new camera modular for HTC M7 without pink i replace it.you can try.good luck. Sorry my bad english 1453797034835.jpg

Reactions: Ba7rani

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the secret place :) where you can disassembly your M7 so easly.
    1- Take the sim tray out
    2- put your tool between the sim tray and the screen and go all the way down

I will try to upload pictures this week
    I found the secret place :) where you can disassembly your M7 so easly.
    1- Take the sim tray out
    2- put your tool between the sim tray and the screen and go all the way down

I will try to upload pictures this week

Nice... Upload it fast
    Hi Guys,

I need some advice on the subjected problem. I have an HTC One m7 801s handheld device. After 2.5 yrs the battery was bleeding out and I had the pink tint problem as many other early devices did.
    So I decided to upgrade those two parts of the device since the rest of the phone was pleasant for me.
    I ordered an alleged 2800mAh battery from Aliexpress and a replacement camera module.
    On a quiet Sunday morning I did the operation and the patient survived however the camera module did not work as expected.
    Please see the attached pics. After I started taking photos the edge of the pic remained blurry then as I tried to focus on closer items I discovered the camera did not go back to its original position and finally it ended up only making macro photos.
    Do you think it could be the problem of assembly or simply a hardware problem in the replacement camera module?

For these who replaced their battery , follow next step and your battery life will be better ..

1. charge it to 100%

2. reboot into recovery (twrp)

3. go to : advance > file manager > data > system
    and delete file with name: batterystats.bin

reboot ,, you will notice the charge drop to around 80%..! charge it again to 100% and repeat 1-3 ..

sometimes battery percentage shows less than real charged , this steps should fix.

sorry for my weak eng lang.
    Thanks

Can you take photo your m7 back bottom side info label? Maybe i can help you