FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Speaker protection

973 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By maritimesbob, Senior Member on 18th February 2018, 02:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

Love my M7 phone, had three of them in the last five years or whatever. Unfortunately they have all developed the same fault, the speakers go crappy and end up sounding all "farty"!!!

It seems to be because of the work I do. I'm a machinist by trade and will all the metal and crap, the speakers being magnetic attract tiny slithers of metal through the speak grill and it eventually ruins them.

Is there any kind of protector/cover for the speaker to stop crap getting in there? Covering them will impair the sound will it not?

I have a case, but it more of a back and sides case. The front is open other than a screen protector.

I don't want to see another M7 go the same way, if it does I won't bother getting another.

Thanks.

22nd February 2018, 02:56 PM |#2  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Put the phone backwards in case while working.
24th February 2018, 01:12 PM |#3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimesbob

Hello,

Love my M7 phone, had three of them in the last five years or whatever. Unfortunately they have all developed the same fault, the speakers go crappy and end up sounding all "farty"!!!

It seems to be because of the work I do. I'm a machinist by trade and will all the metal and crap, the speakers being magnetic attract tiny slithers of metal through the speak grill and it eventually ruins them.

Is there any kind of protector/cover for the speaker to stop crap getting in there? Covering them will impair the sound will it not?

I have a case, but it more of a back and sides case. The front is open other than a screen protector.

I don't want to see another M7 go the same way, if it does I won't bother getting another.

Thanks.

Use Sellotape.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)