Kali Net-hunter - 3.0 - Nougat/Marshmallow

Search This thread

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
Good to hear :)

I've just compiled a new kernel to try and get the wifi drivers working, again, after I've finished listing, I'll be flashing, testing and hopefully uploading tonight :)

Thanks for updating this for LOS14.1

Does it matter which build of LOS14.1 I use? I am using the unofficial 14.1 dated 0428 but there's a new release dated 0501 which I have just downloaded.

The 14.1 I just downloaded is https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862723521

Thanks.

EDIT

Noticed that the patch requires the 0301 release as the signature is different. So I can't use any of the unofficial 14.1 builds. Anyone here knows how I might be able to change it so that it can be installed?

Last edited:

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
This is a little off topic here. But since Nethunter uses quite a lot of battery, I would like to know if anyone has any recommended Y-cables I can use with the M7 so I don't run out of juice while using the apps and scripts. Thanks in advance

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
Did anyone get MagiskSU to work with Nethunter? Must I use the SU add-on from LOS to work? Seems that the zip flashes without errors but no app is shown for nethunter after rebooting.

michael8t6

Sep 16, 2013
London
Thanks for updating this for LOS14.1
Does it matter which build of LOS14.1 I use? I am using the unofficial 14.1 dated 0428 but there's a new release dated 0501 which I have just downloaded.

Not sure what version of 14.1 I've got working but I do have a working 14.1 build yes, Had a few issues getting the Nethunter terminal to run without crashing but they now seem to be fixed. I've only just got round to uploading all the files and as I've not heard back from ZpanicZ, I'm going to be creating my own thread so I can update links as the rom/nethunter updates. That'll be some point this afternoon after finished doing work stuff.

I'm not 100% sure if you can just flash the kernel to another rom as someone else had tried this and had the same issue I faced, the rom just hung on the boot animation. I'm more than happy to upload the zImages if you want to try and build it into your own rom.

This is a little off topic here. But since Nethunter uses quite a lot of battery, I would like to know if anyone has any recommended Y-cables I can use with the M7 so I don't run out of juice while using the apps and scripts. Thanks in advance

There's plenty on eBay, I ordered one for literally less than £5.

Did anyone get MagiskSU to work with Nethunter? Must I use the SU add-on from LOS to work? Seems that the zip flashes without errors but no app is shown for nethunter after rebooting.

Have you tried to do a clean flash? Whilst building the nethunter zip, I tried doing a dirty flash over a previously installed nethunter installation. Had the exact same problem, said it had installed but there was no apps. Wiped cache, dalvik, data and done a clean install of the rom, then gapps, then nethunter and everything was working fine.

As for MagiskSU, never heard of it, however, if you want to use cSploit, then it has to be superSU. Check out there github and it says they don't support any app other than superSU, assuming Nethunter is the same.

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
Not sure what version of 14.1 I've got working but I do have a working 14.1 build yes, Had a few issues getting the Nethunter terminal to run without crashing but they now seem to be fixed. I've only just got round to uploading all the files and as I've not heard back from ZpanicZ, I'm going to be creating my own thread so I can update links as the rom/nethunter updates. That'll be some point this afternoon after finished doing work stuff.

I'm not 100% sure if you can just flash the kernel to another rom as someone else had tried this and had the same issue I faced, the rom just hung on the boot animation. I'm more than happy to upload the zImages if you want to try and build it into your own rom.

There's plenty on eBay, I ordered one for literally less than £5.

Have you tried to do a clean flash? Whilst building the nethunter zip, I tried doing a dirty flash over a previously installed nethunter installation. Had the exact same problem, said it had installed but there was no apps. Wiped cache, dalvik, data and done a clean install of the rom, then gapps, then nethunter and everything was working fine.

As for MagiskSU, never heard of it, however, if you want to use cSploit, then it has to be superSU. Check out there github and it says they don't support any app other than superSU, assuming Nethunter is the same.

Thanks.

I have no issues with bootlooping so far, just that your software does not show up after I boot into my CM14.1 . Should I simply erase (data+system+boot) and then proceed to flash in the following sequence :

1. Your 300+MB CM14.1 zip
2. Gapps
3. SuperSU
4. Reboot and setup
5. Flash nethunter (900MB) zip

6. Profit (hopefully)

As for the Y cable, I am not sure which one works as there is a ton of it, what about the USB wlan dongles, should I simply use the wlan built into the phone or it's better to use a Y cable and certain models of the USB dongles?
Magisk is at https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

I use it on my Nexus devices with stock 7.1.2

Sorry for having so many questions as there's not many clear and consistent information on how to go about doing it. So far it has been installing but simply not showing up when I use LOS 14.1 and if I use the unofficial builds, it does not let me install the 0.03 build at all. Shall attempt the 0.09 build later today

michael8t6

Sep 16, 2013
London
Thanks.

I have no issues with bootlooping so far, just that your software does not show up after I boot into my CM14.1 . Should I simply erase (data+system+boot) and then proceed to flash in the following sequence :

1. Your 300+MB CM14.1 zip
2. Gapps
3. SuperSU
4. Reboot and setup
5. Flash nethunter (900MB) zip

6. Profit (hopefully)

As for the Y cable, I am not sure which one works as there is a ton of it, what about the USB wlan dongles, should I simply use the wlan built into the phone or it's better to use a Y cable and certain models of the USB dongles?
Magisk is at https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

I use it on my Nexus devices with stock 7.1.2

Sorry for having so many questions as there's not many clear and consistent information on how to go about doing it. So far it has been installing but simply not showing up when I use LOS 14.1 and if I use the unofficial builds, it does not let me install the 0.03 build at all. Shall attempt the 0.09 build later today

Hi,

Can you try with the new zips from this thread please: https://xdaforums.com/htc-one/development/rom-nethunter-patched-hid-external-t3600682

Unfortunately, I've not heard back from Zpanic so have started my own thread with updated links.

During the install, DO NOT install superSU, nethunter will install this for you. I don't think that should cause you problems but it may be! There's updated nethunter links and rom links on the above thread, try them and if you still face a problem, can you pull the log via ADB and post it on that thread please.

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
Hi,

Can you try with the new zips from this thread please: https://xdaforums.com/htc-one/development/rom-nethunter-patched-hid-external-t3600682

Unfortunately, I've not heard back from Zpanic so have started my own thread with updated links.

During the install, DO NOT install superSU, nethunter will install this for you. I don't think that should cause you problems but it may be! There's updated nethunter links and rom links on the above thread, try them and if you still face a problem, can you pull the log via ADB and post it on that thread please.
That's dude. Well do that. There's a new unofficial 14.1 from the last page of the cm14. 1 thread. It is days 1st may and is based on nougat 7.1.2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

michael8t6

Sep 16, 2013
London
That's dude. Well do that. There's a new unofficial 14.1 from the last page of the cm14. 1 thread. It is days 1st may and is based on nougat 7.1.2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cheers for letting me know, I work Monday to Friday selling crap on eBay so usually only get weekends to work on projects like this. I'll look into it tomorrow and if it works I'll update my thread with the new zips ;)

mobileman88

Oct 27, 2008
Cheers for letting me know, I work Monday to Friday selling crap on eBay so usually only get weekends to work on projects like this. I'll look into it tomorrow and if it works I'll update my thread with the new zips ;)

We all got to pay our bills . Glad you have managed to squeeze out some time for this and as for me, at least I have some use for the m7 stuffed in my drawer for more than a year.

michael8t6

Sep 16, 2013
London
We all got to pay our bills . Glad you have managed to squeeze out some time for this and as for me, at least I have some use for the m7 stuffed in my drawer for more than a year.

haha that we have! Swear it feels like it's in one hand and out the other some days ;)

I absolutely love my M7, was on iphone (we even allowed to mention the devils spawn here?) for about 6 months, got so sick of having my hands tied, decided to go back to android, the M7 was what I decided to get, cheap, reliable and now revived ;)

Did you try flashing the updated rom and nethunter build? If so how did it go? The apps show?

sf3ris

May 22, 2017
Hi, im loving your work but im stuck.
In my first attempt i was stuck on kali logo for 2 hours, then i tried to fresh install again.
Was reading your steps and i cant find boot.img into the zip.
Can u help me pls?

htc titan2

Feb 5, 2014
rotate twrp?

Kali NET-HUNTER

This is the kali nethunter for the htc one m7 running on the latest android version (6.0 and 7.0 /NOUGAT/Marshmallow)

SCREENSHOTS
http://imgur.com/a/JEL0l

Steps To Install
1.-Download the latest cm 13,14 or LOS 13,14 and nethunter and the Gapps ( Just to obatin Google Playstore :) )
2.-Flash cm 13 or LOS 14 and Gapps/
3.-Now reboot and load cm 13,14 or LOS rom ( wait until the boot completes )
4.-Go back to recovery and install the nethunter zip
5.-Now reboot
5.-success !

Downloads
cm 13 = https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23169
Net-Hunter = https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236171
Net-Hunter for nougat =https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120725928

Update Big Thanks to @michael8t6 for making the kernel :)

is there any way possibility to rotate twrp screen 3.0.2-0 ver, my htc one m7 had touch problem :eek: thanks

bojsa_boy

Jan 25, 2016
Kragujevac
androidhost are taking forever to approve my dev account so I've had to upload it to my G drive for now. This is the standard cm13 rom running on android 6.0, nothing has changed, I've just replaced the kernel with a patched one. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43RVF9HpZKldGtDTFVVM1REYjg/view?usp=sharing

steps to install
  1. Copy the zip and Gapps to your phone.
  2. Reboot into recovery mode.
  3. Wipe data, cache, dalvik.
  4. Flash rom, then flash Gapps
  5. If you're S-OFF then simply reboot and follow ZpanicZ instructions for installing net hunter.
  6. If you're S-ON then reboot back into bootloader.
  7. Extract boot.im from the zip onto your computer and into your fastboot directory.
  8. Plug your phone into your computer and run the following command:
    Code:
     fastboot flash boot boot.img
  9. Reboot and enjoy.

On the first reboot after flashing the rom, it can take up to ten mins for the phone to boot completely. Just be patient.

After you've finished installing nethunter, install the Xposed framework if you want to, not before, I fount this caused the phone to hang on the boot screen.

Once you've finished installing everything, run the nethunter app and grant it root permissions.

Close the app and re open the app, if you don't see any HID devices showing under the HID devices section. Open a new kali terminal and run the following command:
Code:
ls /dev/hidg*

You should see two HID devices come up, if you don't then post in this thread and I'll try to help you.

If you do see the devices, then nethunter isn't looking in root but the HID attacks should still work.

Lastly, if rubber ducky isn't working for you, then enable debugging mode via the developer options under settings and also connect your phone to your computer via MTP mode.

Known issues
  • BADUSB MITM isn't working, this isn't due to the kernel but is related to the nethunter install. I've been researching into this and need to look into the way it assigns the interfaces more.
  • I'm not sure if monitor mode is working for external wireless adapters. So basically, when building the kernel, I have to enable the relevant options to support the chipset drivers. The three main ones are obviously athros, ralink and realtek. When I was compiling, I hit an error regarding the realtek drivers, so for now I've not bothered enabling any support for wireless cards as compiling takes ages on my computer (she's a dinosaur). Once I'm not sick of staring at my monitor any more, I'm going to be looking into this feature as my first priority. That being said, if anyone does manage to enable monitor mode on a wireless adapter, please let me know in this thread, there's no point enabling athros drivers if they already work, it'll just make the kernel bulkier and slow down the phone overall.
  • You tell me.

Credits:
@9Lukas5 for allowing me to use his kernel source.
@ZpanicZ for creating the nethunter app and giving me the motivation to learn about compiling kernels. You may want to add all this to the OP buddy.

Greetings @michael8t6, first thank you and other guys for making kali net-huner for M7. I installed cm-14.1-20161123-UNOFFICIAL-m7 and Net-Hunter for nougat from @ZpanicZ 's post. I don't have any HID Interface when I start NetHunter app, even after trying command ls /dev/hidg* . Also I connected TP-LINK TL-WN722N adapter via OTG, it is visible by lsusb, but not for monitor mode. (Screenshots are in attacments)

I would like to help upgrading the kernel for adapter support, but I don't know nothing about coding android kernel and compiling. I am IT student and have a well knowledge of C and Java languages. If you can give me some detailed tutorials or tech me, I am glad to help improving our good old M7. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170930-135126.jpg
    Screenshot_20170930-135126.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_20170930-134924.png
    Screenshot_20170930-134924.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot_20170930-135032.png
    Screenshot_20170930-135032.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 330

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kali NET-HUNTER

This is the kali nethunter for the htc one m7 running on the latest android version (6.0 and 7.0 /NOUGAT/Marshmallow)

SCREENSHOTS
    http://imgur.com/a/JEL0l

Steps To Install
    1.-Download the latest cm 13,14 or LOS 13,14 and nethunter and the Gapps ( Just to obatin Google Playstore :) )
    2.-Flash cm 13 or LOS 14 and Gapps/
    3.-Now reboot and load cm 13,14 or LOS rom ( wait until the boot completes )
    4.-Go back to recovery and install the nethunter zip
    5.-Now reboot
    5.-success !

Downloads
    cm 13 = https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23169
    Net-Hunter = https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651430732236171
    Net-Hunter for nougat =https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120725928

Update Big Thanks to @michael8t6 for making the kernel :)
    androidhost are taking forever to approve my dev account so I've had to upload it to my G drive for now. This is the standard cm13 rom running on android 6.0, nothing has changed, I've just replaced the kernel with a patched one. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43...ew?usp=sharing

steps to install
    Copy the zip and Gapps to your phone.
    Reboot into recovery mode.
    Wipe data, cache, dalvik.
    Flash rom, then flash Gapps
    If you're S-OFF then simply reboot and follow ZpanicZ instructions for installing net hunter.
    If you're S-ON then reboot back into bootloader.
    Extract boot.im from the zip onto your computer and into your fastboot directory.
    Plug your phone into your computer and run the following command:
    Code:
    Code:
    Reboot and enjoy.

On the first reboot after flashing the rom, it can take up to ten mins for the phone to boot completely. Just be patient.

After you've finished installing nethunter, install the Xposed framework if you want to, not before, I fount this caused the phone to hang on the boot screen.

Once you've finished installing everything, run the nethunter app and grant it root permissions.

Close the app and re open the app, if you don't see any HID devices showing under the HID devices section. Open a new kali terminal and run the following command:
    Code:
    Code:
    ls /dev/hidg*
    You should see two HID devices come up, if you don't then post in this thread and I'll try to help you.

If you do see the devices, then nethunter isn't looking in root but the HID attacks should still work.

Lastly, if rubber ducky isn't working for you, then enable debugging mode via the developer options under settings and also connect your phone to your computer via MTP mode.

Known issues
    ▼BADUSB MITM isn't working, this isn't due to the kernel but is related to the nethunter install. I've been researching into this and need to look into the way it assigns the interfaces more.
    ▼I'm not sure if monitor mode is working for external wireless adapters. So basically, when building the kernel, I have to enable the relevant options to support the chipset drivers. The three main ones are obviously athros, ralink and realtek. When I was compiling, I hit an error regarding the realtek drivers, so for now I've not bothered enabling any support for wireless cards as compiling takes ages on my computer (she's a dinosaur). Once I'm not sick of staring at my monitor any more, I'm going to be looking into this feature as my first priority. That being said, if anyone does manage to enable monitor mode on a wireless adapter, please let me know in this thread, there's no point enabling athros drivers if they already work, it'll just make the kernel bulkier and slow down the phone overall.
    ▼You tell me.

Credits:
    @ZpanicZ for creating the nethunter app and giving me the motivation to learn about compiling kernels. You may want to add all this to the OP buddy. Done :)
    Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape or form a developer! I couldn't tell you the first thing about coding in C, C++, C# or any other language,
    this is my first kernel build and it's working on my device. That being said, I will not be held responsible if your phone hard bricks, soft bricks, boot loops, kills your dog and sells the cat. I'm not here to provide you 24/7 support or to hold your hand during the process, I'm providing the below steps as a guideline only. You're on your own from here.​

androidhost are taking forever to approve my dev account so I've had to upload it to my G drive for now. This is the standard cm13 rom running on android 6.0, nothing has changed, I've just replaced the kernel with a patched one. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43RVF9HpZKldGtDTFVVM1REYjg/view?usp=sharing

steps to install
    1. Copy the zip and Gapps to your phone.
    2. Reboot into recovery mode.
    3. Wipe data, cache, dalvik.
    4. Flash rom, then flash Gapps
    5. If you're S-OFF then simply reboot and follow ZpanicZ instructions for installing net hunter.
    6. If you're S-ON then reboot back into bootloader.
    7. Extract boot.im from the zip onto your computer and into your fastboot directory.
    8. Plug your phone into your computer and run the following command:
      Code:
    9. Reboot and enjoy.

Code:
    ls /dev/hidg*

Known issues
    • BADUSB MITM isn't working, this isn't due to the kernel but is related to the nethunter install. I've been researching into this and need to look into the way it assigns the interfaces more.
    • I'm not sure if monitor mode is working for external wireless adapters. So basically, when building the kernel, I have to enable the relevant options to support the chipset drivers. The three main ones are obviously athros, ralink and realtek. When I was compiling, I hit an error regarding the realtek drivers, so for now I've not bothered enabling any support for wireless cards as compiling takes ages on my computer (she's a dinosaur). Once I'm not sick of staring at my monitor any more, I'm going to be looking into this feature as my first priority. That being said, if anyone does manage to enable monitor mode on a wireless adapter, please let me know in this thread, there's no point enabling athros drivers if they already work, it'll just make the kernel bulkier and slow down the phone overall.
    • You tell me.

Credits:
    @ZpanicZ for creating the nethunter app and giving me the motivation to learn about compiling kernels. You may want to add all this to the OP buddy.
    i use him now but some app not working like camira theme and some app in kali like to csploit not work for me or what can i do for all that work ? update cyanogenmod ?:confused:

uninstall csploit and install the latest version 1.6.6 RC2 from this github: https://github.com/cSploit/android/releases

It was a bug that was fixed but the newest update hasn't been implemented into the nethunter build.

Update

Just flashed a patched kernel for lineage14.1/cm14.1, same as last time

1. HID is supported
    2. rubber duck works
    3. no driver support for wireless cards
    4. badusbmitm doesn't work

Still awaiting androidfilehost to approve my dev account, soon as it's approved, all will be available from there. Expect an upload of the patched lineage somepoint today.
    Hello, I'm trying to use a TP-Link TL-WN722N USB Wi-Fi Adapter, but it does not work - iwconfig shows no other interface than wlan0. I tried both a cheap USB OTG cable, and a USB OTG Y-cable (power from desktop/laptop/powerbank) to no avail. In case anyone managed to make USB NICs work, what kernel do I need to flash or what module do I need to compile into the kernel?

Thanks a bunch!

You'd need to go into the config menu for the kernel and enable the relevant driver for that device.

I've managed to patch the kernel to support HID, been playing with rubber ducky all morning and it's been able to launch every script!

I did try to enable all the suggested modules from the nethunter wiki page, however, this caused a boot loop to occur. I'm going to be uploading the patched kernel and ROM file at some point today. Soon as it's up, I'll let @ZpanicZ have the link and update the OP.

I've spent a lot of time on patching this kernel and do plan to patch the kernel for cm14 at some point, however, my main priority at the moment is to try and enable the driver support for our wireless cards on cm13 as this is the rom I'm personally using.