FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC M7 stuck on boot animation on every ROM installed

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By matooh, Junior Member on 11th April 2019, 09:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone. I hope one of you knowledgeable guys will be able to help.
I'm trying to install LineageOS 15.1 on my old HTC One M7 UK version, factory unlocked.
I can access recovery and phone is being detected by computer with no issue so i can sideload files.
I've flashed nearly every single phone I owned therefore I'm quite familiar with the process however this time I can't get it to work.
I downloaded LineageOS and recommended MindtheGapps from trusted links (due to my first post I can't post any links here) and MD5 checked them.

I followed official lineageOS flashing instruction:
-I unlocked bootloader
-TWRP version 3.2.1.0-m7 installed (tried few other version however they wouldn't recognised the phone model)
-fomat everything and wiped as well
-Flashed few different LineageOS ROM files but only one is actually getting past HTC logo and shows LineageOS animation
-flashed recommended MindtheGapps for android 8.1 (arm)

Problem is that it gets stuck on boot animation for about 5 mins like it was loading the system but it always end up with phone restarting itself and then same thing again. I checked few different OS (ressurection, AICP) but the phone behaves exactly the same like there was something missing and phone couldn't completely load.
I spent last 2 days researching and I'm under the impression that I haven't got any firmware installed but I don't want to risk installing wrong one and completely bricking the phone.
If someone could point me in the right direction it'd be very much appreciated.

Please see below result from "fastboot getvar all" command

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: xxxxxxxxx
imei: xxxxxxxxxx
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 3760mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

12th April 2019, 04:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Even myself getting problem installing the lineage 15.1 rom, however there's no problem in lineage 14.1,so I recommend you to just install lineage 14.1 since there's no big difference except android version by the way is there any os installed or any nandroid backup there?
12th April 2019, 07:59 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I managed to install Revolution HD-One 93.0 ROM without any issues and it's working fine but OS still remains blank.
12th April 2019, 02:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
That's mean you can install rom that uses aroma installer... Did you wiped data, system, cache before flashing the rom?Did you see "unable to mount system/data/cache" dialog? By the way if you want to flash new rom make sure you have made a nandroid backup just incase if anything happens you can just restore the backup and you're back with the android revolution 93 with all of it data
15th April 2019, 07:31 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roowz

Did you wiped data, system, cache before flashing the rom?

Yes, I did.

Quote:

Did you see "unable to mount system/data/cache" dialog?

No errors while installing any ROMs whatsoever apart from the "patching system image unconditionally"

I'm still battling with trying to install correct firmware for the phone, has anybody got any idea which firmware will be correct for my phone and how to install it? I think that's where the problem is.
15th April 2019, 03:56 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
So today I managed to flash what I think is correct firmware for the phone (7.19.401.22) and it installed sucesfully. Then I began installing LIneageOS 15.1 again thinking that I've got firmware installed hence can't be any dramas. But I was wrong. What I've noticed is that after the installation my firmware was completely wiped again and the same thing happened again (lineageOS logo boot loop). I'm using lineage-15.1-20180226-UNOFFICIAL-m7.zip file to flash and MindTheGapps-8.1.0-arm-20180808_153837.zip.

Any ideas?
15th April 2019, 04:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I will recommend you flash this rom if you want to use Oreo 8.1 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...o-8-1-t3756651

The LineageOS 15.1 doesn't work for me and get into same boot stuck problem like you did,but this works fine.
15th April 2019, 04:48 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

That's mean you can install rom that uses aroma installer... Did you wiped data, system, cache before flashing the rom?Did you see "unable to mount system/data/cache" dialog? By the way if you want to flash new rom make sure you have made a nandroid backup just incase if anything happens you can just restore the backup and you're back with the android revolution 93 with all of it data

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsrielDash

I will recommend you flash this rom if you want to use Oreo 8.1 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...o-8-1-t3756651

The LineageOS 15.1 doesn't work for me and get into same boot stuck problem like you did,but this works fine.

Did you flash the newest ROM file?
15th April 2019, 04:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matooh

Did you flash the newest ROM file?

Yes,I flashed the newest one with magisk 19.0 and opengapps.
15th April 2019, 07:06 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsrielDash

Yes,I flashed the newest one with magisk 19.0 and opengapps.

Unfortunately, stuck on boot loop again but what makes me wonder is why the OS is being wiped off completely when I perform factory reset or just dalvik/cache/system or is it normal thing?

Thank you for your help so far.
15th April 2019, 07:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
The AICP ROM needs magisk. You have to flash it.

If it still won't boot, try to format(!) data partition with TWRP.

If none of above helps, try flashing a RUU for your device
to check if it's booting any ROM at all.

Edit:
Just realised you are s-on, so no firmware flashing possible for you.
- Relock bootloader
- flash RUU
- take every OTA from HTC
- unlock bootloader
- flash TWRP
- flash custom ROM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)