[Q]Bootloader relock

Search This thread

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
I don't understand one thing. Even if it's possible to completely lock back the bootloader, what is the point, since htc would know that you have already unlocked the bootloader using their bin file. Wouldn't it still void the warranty even if you relock the bootloader.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
I don't understand one thing. Even if it's possible to completely lock back the bootloader, what is the point, since htc would know that you have already unlocked the bootloader using their bin file. Wouldn't it still void the warranty even if you relock the bootloader.
get S Off then use " Guru bootloader reset tool" remove Tempered and Lock bootloader warranty will come back HTC won't ask you if phone show locked
If relocked is there means no warranty

Reactions: shad0wboss

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
It would seem that it would, but their disclaimer states "may or may not" void the warranty. If it is "Locked" with no "Tampered" there is always the possibility that they may not look or search to see if you unlocked the bootloader. I would rather have it look as if it was never unlocked than leave it unlocked and remove all doubt!

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
It would seem that it would, but their disclaimer states "may or may not" void the warranty. If it is "Locked" with no "Tampered" there is always the possibility that they may not look or search to see if you unlocked the bootloader. I would rather have it look as if it was never unlocked than leave it unlocked and remove all doubt!

Also, is it worth flashing or custom roms here are as good as stock. I just don't like sense, specially the lockscreen on 6

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Also, is it worth flashing or custom roms here are as good as stock. I just don't like sense, specially the lockscreen on 6

flashing custom rom worth it if the stock rom doesn't fit your needs. You'll have to read some custom rom threads and try a few to get an idea of what rom you prefer as "which rom is better" discussions are not allowed in this forum.

For your bootloader question, If you send back the phone for warranty repair, and the bootload is LOCKED (not relocked) and everything else is stock, there is 99% chances HTC will honor the warranty without any question. And even if they know that you have requested an unlock_code.bin from HTCdev.com , how are they supposed to known if you have used it or not? Maybe you have requested a code, and you have changed your mind.... HTC said that unlocking the bootloader may void warranty, not that requesting an unlock code void the warranty ;)

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
flashing custom rom worth it if the stock rom doesn't fit your needs. You'll have to read some custom rom threads and try a few to get an idea of what rom you prefer as "which rom is better" discussions are not allowed in this forum.

For your bootloader question, If you send back the phone for warranty repair, and the bootload is LOCKED (not relocked) and everything else is stock, there is 99% chances HTC will honor the warranty without any question. And even if they know that you have requested an unlock_code.bin from HTCdev.com , how are they supposed to known if you have used it or not? Maybe you have requested a code, and you have changed your mind.... HTC said that unlocking the bootloader may void warranty, not that requesting an unlock code void the warranty ;)

I see. On a side note, can i unlock-root then flash a rom (4.2.2) and then s-off? even though i'm on 4.4.2 at the moment.

alray

May 22, 2012
I see. On a side note, can i unlock-root then flash a rom (4.2.2) and then s-off? even though i'm on 4.4.2 at the moment.

yes you can unlock, root and flash a rom. if you want to s-off you might be able to do it using firewater s-off. If firewater fails, then sunshine should works, but sunshine is a paid exploit, don't remember the exact price, I think its around 20-25$. S-off can also be achieved with a java card (fonefunshop.com)

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
yes you can unlock, root and flash a rom. if you want to s-off you might be able to do it using firewater s-off. If firewater fails, then sunshine should works, but sunshine is a paid exploit, don't remember the exact price, I think its around 20-25$

I was wondering because my hboot is 1.57 and many are having trouble so if i unlock and then find out that it doesn't work then i'll have warranty issues...

alray

May 22, 2012
I was wondering because my hboot is 1.57 and many are having trouble so if i unlock and then find out that it doesn't work then i'll have warranty issues...

exactly....

firewater may not works (50-50) but afaik, sunshine should work (not tested it myself, better to check the official thread). In last resort, the java card method from fonefunshop.com will work. firewater is free, sunshine cost 25$ iirc and fonefunshop.com cost £14.99 + shipping to UK

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Sunshine works on all m7 phones. You may need a stock Rom or at least stock kernel but it will work. Try Firewater first but most people don't have any luck with it these days

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    get S Off then use " Guru bootloader reset tool" remove Tempered and Lock bootloader warranty will come back HTC won't ask you if phone show locked
    If relocked is there means no warranty

yes you can unlock, root and flash a rom. if you want to s-off you might be able to do it using firewater s-off. If firewater fails, then sunshine should works, but sunshine is a paid exploit, don't remember the exact price, I think its around 20-25$. S-off can also be achieved with a java card (fonefunshop.com)

exactly....

firewater may not works (50-50) but afaik, sunshine should work (not tested it myself, better to check the official thread). In last resort, the java card method from fonefunshop.com will work. firewater is free, sunshine cost 25$ iirc and fonefunshop.com cost £14.99 + shipping to UK