FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fixed, but another problem/ Super user crashes after installing/ help

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Fireskelet, Junior Member on 12th March 2018, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, i tried to root my HTC one m7, i got to the step to instal the Root acces app, i accidently instaled the update file instead of the apk, after that Super user crashed, i tred to reintal it but it still didnt work, so i resetarted the phone and still nothing works, i did a wipe throught my recovery and now when i turned on the phone i didnt have any applications even settings, after that i was in panic and wiped everything again, now the phone wouldnt even start the Setup that it starts when booting the first time, it was constantly crashing.
So after that i tryed to wipe everything again and yea, now my phone will only boot in recovery or bootloader, i did try to instal rom, i have acces to the ADB to transfer files but no roms work tryed 2 already, then i tryed to instal new recovery hoping its the one to blame, and now i have 2 recoverys, that i can swich betwean, like i am so confused how to get rid of this
I do want too keep it unlocked and with root, but how do i get back my OS?
I did the get var in fastboot and it gives me the following code : version-main: 7.19.401.51

and getting all the info:
C:\Users\K28-3\Downloads\fastboot>fastboot getvar
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 7.19.401.51
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4246mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Should i install the ruu files?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...ction-t3053944 is this the correct one to download? that has the code i have?
I am confused as to wich steps should i follow to keep the root and phone unlocked?

Thanks in advance, realy apreciate your time reading and helping!!

Arturs

13th March 2018, 08:33 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Fixed it, now tryed to root again and everything brakes down when i try to instal the Super user v.1.30 through my recovery, when i install it and turn on the phone the super user crashes all the time and is not responding and i cant even uninstall it, and the funny part is that even my phone wont allow factory reset from settings it just stays at reebooting and nothing ever happens. Can someone help? Maybe this is gliched wersion of superuser?
13th March 2018, 10:35 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
1.3? Isn't that very old? Try with SuperSu 2.79.
13th March 2018, 04:02 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip944

1.3? Isn't that very old? Try with SuperSu 2.79.

Its was the one that some of the youtube videos had, so i just followed, i was afraid if i search smth else i might install the wrong one and brick my phone again.
But ok ill try to get newer version.

What recoveries do you recomend?
13th March 2018, 04:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The latest version works fine for me.
eu.dl.twrp.me/m7/
The Following User Says Thank You to Whip944 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whip944 Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 02:05 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,554

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireskelet

Its was the one that some of the youtube videos had, so i just followed, i was afraid if i search smth else i might install the wrong one and brick my phone again.
But ok ill try to get newer version.

What recoveries do you recomend?

Old version of supersu will make your phone bootloop, use the latest version of supersu or magisk. If after flashing latest supersu your phone bootloop, relfash the system and supersu again (but the latest version this time)
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alray Ad-Free
14th March 2018, 12:05 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Old version of supersu will make your phone bootloop, use the latest version of supersu or magisk. If after flashing latest supersu your phone bootloop, relfash the system and supersu again (but the latest version this time)

Some noobie questions, at what point do i get the root acces? The phone gets root acces when i instal the SuperSu throught my recovery? Or its when i boot the phone and open the app?
If i understand correctly i cant instal the apk from phone memory while its booted normaly?

Should i download it from here? https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...lease-t3452703
Why is there a google store app? I can just Unlock the phone and instal the root from google store?

Thanks in advance!
15th March 2018, 01:37 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,554

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireskelet

Some noobie questions, at what point do i get the root acces? The phone gets root acces when i instal the SuperSu throught my recovery? Or its when i boot the phone and open the app?
If i understand correctly i cant instal the apk from phone memory while its booted normaly?

Should i download it from here? https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...lease-t3452703
Why is there a google store app? I can just Unlock the phone and instal the root from google store?

Thanks in advance!

The phone requires some binaries to have root access. Supersu app purpose is to manage root access (doesn't root).
When flashing supersu.zip from recovery, both the binaries and supersu app will be installed.
If only downloading the app from the play store, you'll be missing the su binaries and be prompted to download them and reboot in recovery to flash. So yeah easiest and fastest way is to flash supersu.zip form recovery (fast as long as you don't flash an outdated version )

The link you have posted is correct, choose the "installable zip" download, save on your phone, reboot in twrp, select "install" then "SuperSU_V2.82-some_date.zip".
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alray Ad-Free
15th March 2018, 09:06 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

The phone requires some binaries to have root access. Supersu app purpose is to manage root access (doesn't root).
When flashing supersu.zip from recovery, both the binaries and supersu app will be installed.
If only downloading the app from the play store, you'll be missing the su binaries and be prompted to download them and reboot in recovery to flash. So yeah easiest and fastest way is to flash supersu.zip form recovery (fast as long as you don't flash an outdated version )

The link you have posted is correct, choose the "installable zip" download, save on your phone, reboot in twrp, select "install" then "SuperSU_V2.82-some_date.zip".

Ok, got it, will try it again latter, thanks for your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)