[Q] How to get back S-ON without fastboot usb :)

Search This thread

poggus

Oct 20, 2010
LILLE
forum.frandroid.com
Hello,

First of all sorry in advance for my bad english :(

It's first time i post in xda for asking help.

Actual state of my phone :

- charge only when is power off
- when power on, no usb connectivity at all

This issue for usb connectivity appears one day without a logical reason, after some messages like "your phone is running in usb host mode and can't charge etc.." , "your phone charger is not original .." (despite he is)

Of course i have already test in furthers pc and usb cables, already clean the usb connector, already test the stuff like push power + vol up + vol down during 2 mins in front of bright light for reset the battery... My other phone an HOX is running well in usb with the same cable and pc (mtp, adb, fastboot..) so this not the way to solve my issue. I think it's a material issue on the mainboard or the usb connector.

So i've decided to get back my HTC One to repair center but for warranty i manage to get it back to completely stock of course.

So, i set it S-OFF with revone (initial hboot 1.44 inside, very good tool for this hboot works like a charm), for delete "tampered" and set "locked" instead of "relocked" in bootloader.

After that, i have make all the updates and now i am on stock branded rom SFR (vodafone in France) up to date with original recovery and 1.57 hboot.

But i am still S-OFF and can't return the phone for warranty like that :( :(

So, somebody here have a great idea to get S-ON without fastboot usb who isn't working anymore on my device ??

I have one idea but really complicated : make an update.zip for downgrade the hboot to 1.44 with the original recovery + root (SU+binaries) with that i could try to use an old version of revone (0.2) which permit to use ./revone -s 3 as fastboot oem wirtesecureflag 3

And i don't know if i can do that with original recovery... but my S-OFF could perhaps help me in my bad situation i hope ;)

Thansk in advance for all your ideas to help me to get back S-ON ;)

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hello,

This issue for usb connectivity appears one day without a logical reason, after some messages like "your phone is running in usb host mode and can't charge etc.." , "your phone charger is not original .." (despite he is)

Of course i have already test in furthers pc and usb cables, already clean the usb connector, already test the stuff like push power + vol up + vol down during 2 mins in front of bright light for reset the battery... My other phone an HOX is running well in usb with the same cable and pc (mtp, adb, fastboot..) so this not the way to solve my issue. I think it's a material issue on the mainboard or the usb connector.

So i've decided to get back my HTC One to repair center but for warranty i manage to get it back to completely stock of course.

So, i set it S-OFF with revone (initial hboot 1.44 inside, very good tool for this hboot works like a charm), for delete "tampered" and set "locked" instead of "relocked" in bootloader.

After that, i have make all the updates and now i am on stock branded rom SFR (vodafone in France) up to date with original recovery and 1.57 hboot.

So, somebody here have a great idea to get S-ON without fastboot usb who isn't working anymore on my device ??

I have one idea but really complicated : make an update.zip for downgrade the hboot to 1.44 with the original recovery + root (SU+binaries) with that i could try to use an old version of revone (0.2) which permit to use ./revone -s 3 as fastboot oem wirtesecureflag 3

And i don't know if i can do that with original recovery... but my S-OFF could perhaps help me in my bad situation i hope ;)

I could not find a way to go S-ON without fastboot except revone. You could just take the chance that with it "Locked" and no "Tampered" banner they may not care if it is S-OFF. IMO, it would be the safer route than attempting something that might brick the phone in the wrong configuration.

Reactions: poggus

Danny201281

Hello,

You should have gone back to s-on before updating the software. If you go back to s-on now you risk the tampered flag returning. You need to set back to s-on before hboot 1.55 to avoid this.

I think your best option as @majmoz suggests is to send it as is with s-off. There more likely to ignore the fact that it's a-off than if its s-on with tampered. :good:

Sent from my HTC One M7 - ARHD 81.0 Using Tapatalk
If you found my posts helpful, Please click thanks :good:

Reactions: poggus

poggus

Oct 20, 2010
LILLE
forum.frandroid.com
Thank you majmoz and danny201281 for your advices.

I know that i should use revone when i was under 1.44 hboot.. but now it's too late ;)

I think i will try to send to warranty like that, i share your opinion it's less risky like that than with tampered and relocked ! So i will no more try to get S-ON with fastboot, if it's for have the tampered flag that will be worst

And HTC must have furthers returns for HTC ONE with the same issue like mine (i google it and many peoples have the no usb connectivity issue in average 1 year after purchase it's strange..)

Next one will be a Samsung phone, sorryt HTC :(

I will comme back for getting news about warranty and S-OFF of course, if it can help some others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I could not find a way to go S-ON without fastboot except revone. You could just take the chance that with it "Locked" and no "Tampered" banner they may not care if it is S-OFF. IMO, it would be the safer route than attempting something that might brick the phone in the wrong configuration.
    Hello,

You should have gone back to s-on before updating the software. If you go back to s-on now you risk the tampered flag returning. You need to set back to s-on before hboot 1.55 to avoid this.

I think your best option as @majmoz suggests is to send it as is with s-off. There more likely to ignore the fact that it's a-off than if its s-on with tampered. :good:

Sent from my HTC One M7 - ARHD 81.0 Using Tapatalk
    If you found my posts helpful, Please click thanks :good: