Looking for correct RUU.exe

Search This thread

worf105

Jul 31, 2013
Kirkcaldy
Hello all XDA members,

I am looking for the correct RUU.exe for my HTC One M7. Its on Vodafone UK (VODAP001) and HBOOT 1.61.000 and is S-On. I have already relocked the bootloader and flashed the stock recovery back. I have found and tried many RUU.zip from here and HTC but I have learned that as I am S-on I am unable to go this route. This HTC One m7 was running a custom ROM and TWRP but since I am giving it my Father I needed it back to stock and ready to receive any OTA updates that Vodafone throw out.

Thank you all

Andrew

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello all XDA members,

I am looking for the correct RUU.exe for my HTC One M7. Its on Vodafone UK (VODAP001) and HBOOT 1.61.000 and is S-On. I have already relocked the bootloader and flashed the stock recovery back. I have found and tried many RUU.zip from here and HTC but I have learned that as I am S-on I am unable to go this route. This HTC One m7 was running a custom ROM and TWRP but since I am giving it my Father I needed it back to stock and ready to receive any OTA updates that Vodafone throw out.

Thank you all

Andrew

Can you please post the output of "fastboot getvar all" (hide your imei and sn before posting)
Will be easier to point you the correct RUU.

Btw is KatKiss 5.1 working fine? Haven't played with my tf101 for a while!

Reactions: worf105

worf105

Jul 31, 2013
Kirkcaldy
Thank you for your quick reply and as requested here is the output to fastboot getvar all:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 7.18.161.30
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: Sxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: VODAP001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4154mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-92aee636
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Kind Regards,

Andrew

alray

May 22, 2012
Thank you for your quick reply and as requested here is the output to fastboot getvar all:

Kind Regards,

Andrew
The latest RUU for that version is 7.18.161.21. Since your phone is S-ON you can only flash RUU that are the same version or higher than your actual version (7.18.161.30). There is a way to bypass this. Go to this thread and read at the end of my post (post #2) under "how to downgrade with s-on". Once done and your version-main is showing 7.18.161.2 instead of 7.18.161.30 , flash the 7.18.161.21 RUU using instructions of post #1 (RUU file is at post #2). Don't forget to use the fastboot version provided at post #1, the normal fastboot version won't work to flash a lollipop RUU.

Yes Lollipop 5.1 is working great and I have had no problems. Hopefully TimDuru will be presenting Marshmallow soon for the TF101
Its amazing how this dev is still supporting this device, will try to update :good:

Reactions: worf105

worf105

Jul 31, 2013
Kirkcaldy
Thank you alray

Will let you know how I get on with your instructions.

Ye TimDuru has done a great job in supporting the TF101. If he never I would have bought another tablet years ago.

Kindest Regards,

Andrew

jhon8500

Apr 13, 2019
The latest RUU for that version is 7.18.161.21. Since your phone is S-ON you can only flash RUU that are the same version or higher than your actual version (7.18.161.30). There is a way to bypass this. Go to this thread and read at the end of my post (post #2) under "how to downgrade with s-on". Once done and your version-main is showing 7.18.161.2 instead of 7.18.161.30 , flash the 7.18.161.21 RUU using instructions of post #1 (RUU file is at post #2). Don't forget to use the fastboot version provided at post #1, the normal fastboot version won't work to flash a lollipop RUU.

Its amazing how this dev is still supporting this device, will try to update :good:
hi do you can helme whith my HTC wls RUU :crying:

jhon8500

Apr 13, 2019
Yes, what is the problem?

okay thanks for replying I have a htc one m7 wls I tried to install a rom of cyanogen but I could not install it I decided to return my htc to s-on with the intention of reinstalling the rom stock of factory but I could not find it the intetnado install by SDK but I get the error "error: device '(null)' not found" and by means of the installer of the ruu by means of .exe says it is not appropriate if you can help me I would appreciate this,

this information of my device:
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) serialno: FA33YS901134
(bootloader) imei:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: xxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3841mV
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
all: Done!

alray

May 22, 2012
okay thanks for replying I have a htc one m7 wls I tried to install a rom of cyanogen but I could not install it I decided to return my htc to s-on with the intention of reinstalling the rom stock of factory but I could not find it the intetnado install by SDK but I get the error "error: device '(null)' not found" and by means of the installer of the ruu by means of .exe says it is not appropriate if you can help me I would appreciate this,

this information of my device:
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) serialno: FA33YS901134
(bootloader) imei:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: xxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3841mV
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
all: Done!

Sorry for the delayed answer.

First, going back S-ON wasn't required and it's also a bad move. Having S-OFF can help a lot when troubleshooting your phone. I don't know what cyanogenmod rom version you tried to install (cyanogenmod roms are so old) but are you sure the one you tried was compatible with the M7_WLS variant? This phone variant will only work with custom roms made specifically for this variant and must also be flashed with a custom recovery compatible with WLS . Just saying because this is the most common error made by people having this phone variant.

Now, what ruu version are you trying to install? The one you need is 6.23.651.10 and can be found here:
http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...99.2143463114.1556074529-999987239.1556074529

Don't forget that since you went back S-ON you now must have a locked or re-locked bootloader to install a RUU. It won't install if it's unlocked.
If not already done, you can re-lock your bootloader using fastboot from a command window using this single command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
then install the RUU

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all XDA members,

Thank you all

Andrew

Can you please post the output of "fastboot getvar all" (hide your imei and sn before posting)
    Will be easier to point you the correct RUU.

Btw is KatKiss 5.1 working fine? Haven't played with my tf101 for a while!

Kind Regards,

Andrew

Yes Lollipop 5.1 is working great and I have had no problems. Hopefully TimDuru will be presenting Marshmallow soon for the TF101
    I worked a treat, thank you alray for your expert help in this matter.

Gratefully yours,

Andrew

You're welcome :good: