Red Triangle during OTA Update

Search This thread

rogermathew

Jun 11, 2014
Hi guys,
I know this is an old topic and I have tried my best to find the answer on the forum. I just received the new 6.07.1540 OTA. I tried to run it but I get the red triangle soon after the install kicks off. First, here is my configuration. My phone is factory unlocked version. I was once on a custom ROM but since I have run RUU and gone stock. I am on Stock Recovery and my bootloader is Relocked. One thing I forgot was my Cid which I changed to superid previously. Since I could not remember my old cid I changed it to HTC_001. I am using the stock recovery corresponding to HTC_001 cid.
I am Rooted and S Off.
I have tried the manual install of OTA using the Vol + - and power button at the red triangle but with the same result. What am I missing? I don't want to wipe my phone again. Is there a way to install this OTA without RUU again?
Please advice...
thanks in advance...

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Hi guys,
I know this is an old topic and I have tried my best to find the answer on the forum. I just received the new 6.07.1540 OTA. I tried to run it but I get the red triangle soon after the install kicks off. First, here is my configuration. My phone is factory unlocked version. I was once on a custom ROM but since I have run RUU and gone stock. I am on Stock Recovery and my bootloader is Relocked. One thing I forgot was my Cid which I changed to superid previously. Since I could not remember my old cid I changed it to HTC_001. I am using the stock recovery corresponding to HTC_001 cid.
I am Rooted and S Off.
I have tried the manual install of OTA using the Vol + - and power button at the red triangle but with the same result. What am I missing? I don't want to wipe my phone again. Is there a way to install this OTA without RUU again?
Please advice...
thanks in advance...

Your stock recovery (5.19.1540.9) and cid (BS_US001) should match the variant/version you are trying to update. Check out this post for information on the OTA requirements and this one on how to find out what error is stopping the update.

rogermathew

Jun 11, 2014
Your stock recovery (5.19.1540.9) and cid (BS_US001) should match the variant/version you are trying to update. Check out this post for information on the OTA requirements and this one on how to find out what error is stopping the update.

Thanks for the reply. My recovery version is 5.11.1540.9 (Software Number in Settings). Since I forgot what my Cid was how can I find out the correct cid? I will check out these links as well. The error I am getting is
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installation aborted.
Cheers

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply. My recovery version is 5.11.1540.9 (Software Number in Settings). Since I forgot what my Cid was how can I find out the correct cid? I will check out these links as well.
Cheers

like majmoz said, cid for your OS version is BS_US001

if you have flashed recovery for HTC__001, then you have flashed the wrong one.

Reactions: rogermathew

rogermathew

Jun 11, 2014
like majmoz said, cid for your OS version is BS_US001

if you have flashed recovery for HTC__001, then you have flashed the wrong one.

thank you guys. As I understand it then I need to
Change my cid to BS_US001 and find recovery corresponding to this cid.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
thank you guys. As I understand it then I need to
Change my cid to BS_US001 and find recovery corresponding to this cid.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Cheers
Your stock recovery should be the same as your OS which is 5.11.1540.9. You can extract the recovery.img from the firmware here. Flash it with the instructions below:

In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Reactions: rogermathew

rogermathew

Jun 11, 2014
Your stock recovery should be the same as your OS which is 5.11.1540.9. You can extract the recovery.img from the firmware here. Flash it with the instructions below:

In bootloader/FASTBOOT USB:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Ok. Will erasing cache get rid of my data and apps?

rogermathew

Jun 11, 2014
no, erasing cache will erase cache only

same result...What am I doing wrong. I copied recovery.img into my adb folder and ran the comaands as described. Can "Relocked" Bootloader be causing this?

C:\Users\test\Documents\HTC MiniSDK\mini sdk>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12426 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.675s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.722s

Please advice..

Last edited:

rogermathew

Jun 11, 2014
same result...What am I doing wrong. I copied recovery.img into my adb folder and ran the comaands as described. Can "Relocked" Bootloader be causing this?

C:\Users\test\Documents\HTC MiniSDK\mini sdk>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12426 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.675s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.722s

Please advice..

Ok, I fixed it. I used Revone to remove Relocked flag and reran the recovery.img. It was successful. Now I wonder if my OTA will work or do I have to relock the bootloader for OTA to work?????

Top Liked Posts