[ROM][7.1.1] Lineage OS 14.1

Search This thread

icxj1

Mar 7, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm absolutely new to modding but always fascinated by taking full control of my device. So I decided to install Lineageos on my old and glorious HTC One M7.
Once unlocked the boatloader, I'm having troubles flashing the TWRP recovery for my device. I made all the steps many websites (xda included) suggest, but this is the result and can't go further:

C:\Users\User\Desktop\BOATLOADER>fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-m7.img
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12494 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.034s

C:\Users\User\Desktop\BOATLOADER>

I tried to change usb port, to flash a different version of the twrp recovery, set up the debugging usb, uncheck the fastboot on settings, etc. No luck.

Is there anybody that knows how to proceed?

Thanks!
Try to flash TWRP 2.8.4.0 or 2.8.6.0 i think you have to be on one of those before you can go to a later version.

Reactions: albafabio93

saturday_night

Sep 7, 2016
Hi icxj1: I tried to flash the 2.8.4.0, the .5 and the .6, but the result hasn't changed.
Anything else to try?

Your bootloader is unlocked and you get the Serialnumber when you have a fastboot connection and type "fastboot devices" ? Did you download the correct file? https://dl.twrp.me/m7univ/ you can also try just booting into the recovery without flashing it with "fastboot boot twrp.xxx.img" Also for easier handling i allways rename the image to just twrp.img

albafabio93

Jul 20, 2017
Your bootloader is unlocked and you get the Serialnumber when you have a fastboot connection and type "fastboot devices" ? Did you download the correct file? you can also try just booting into the recovery without flashing it with "fastboot boot twrp.xxx.img" Also for easier handling i allways rename the image to just twrp.img

Hi saturday_night; the bootloader is unlocked, the serial number appears. I downloaded from the twrp official website but the same problems appear with your link.

this is the only outcome: "FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))"

I am connecting my device with the original usb cable, HTC Sinc Managager recognizes the device and it runs everytime I try; since my pc has only usb-c ports, I use an Aukey adaptor. But I don't think this is the problem since I made the bootloader procedure and transfered other data and it was fine.

Is there any other easy procedures to flash a recovery other than TWRP?

Thanks guys

saturday_night

Sep 7, 2016
Hi saturday_night; the bootloader is unlocked, the serial number appears. I downloaded from the twrp official website but the same problems appear with your link.

this is the only outcome: "FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))"

I am connecting my device with the original usb cable, HTC Sinc Managager recognizes the device and it runs everytime I try; since my pc has only usb-c ports, I use an Aukey adaptor. But I don't think this is the problem since I made the bootloader procedure and transfered other data and it was fine.

Is there any other easy procedures to flash a recovery other than TWRP?

Thanks guys

Thats the problem, usb 3 and 3.1 has problems with some functions maybe you can get access to a pc with usb 2 ports and do it there. Other option would be:
If you are able to get root access with an app like kingroot or similar. You can use the app flashify to flash the twrp.img to your recovery, i did it this way once and works great and complete without computer. But you shouldnt use apps like kingroot for permanent root access, if you are done with this and sucesfully installed twrp you should uninstall the root app and use magisk or supersu or lineage su addon for permanent root.

Reactions: albafabio93

sabrinaf

Sep 11, 2014
How I did it and got it working

Good evening,
I just wanted to add my two cents about how I managed to get my M7 working and quite stable again.
Basically the steps were:
getting S-Off,
update Firmware, radio, ...
Flash LineageOS latest build from this thread here.

in detail:
Getting S-OFF
I wiped the whole device and installed the latest release of ViperOne v9.0.0. This ROM is sense based. Afterwards I downloaded and installed the sunsine apk. Because of the fact that ViperOne is sense based Sunshine works on that ROM. So I paid the "S-OFF tax" and got the device successful S-OFF.

Update Firmware, radio, ...
i flashed than a newer firmware (in my case it was 7.19.401.2). I know it is not the absolute newest, but in that specific moment it was the newest I was abled to find.

Flash LineageOS latest build from this thread here.
Afterwards I did a full wipe again, fixed all partitions an reformated them. Then I flashed the LineageOS zip, booted, did the initial assistant afterwards I flashed the current release of OpenGApps pico.

My experience with the build 20170709 in combination with with firmware 7.19.401.2:
  • Quite stable. In two weeks I had only 2 reboots which I am not sure I they were caused by the ROM or something else.
  • Amazing battery performance. The update of the firmware obviously fixed my battery problem I previously had with CM12.1, which I was coming from.
  • No more hot device and battery drain.
  • Battery lasts about 19hours.
  • quick boot time.
  • fluid menus.
  • Spotify finally works quite fast.
  • After a few days of uptime bluetooth stops working. That behaviour I saw on CM12.1 too. A simple reboot fixes the problem, so I really can live with that.

About the speakerphone bug: I simply did not test that.

Reactions: An3skmbi

maciclazar

Jul 24, 2012
Bor,Serbia
Update Firmware, radio, ...
i flashed than a newer firmware (in my case it was 7.19.401.2). I know it is not the absolute newest, but in that specific moment it was the newest I was abled to find.

My experience with the build 20170709 in combination with with firmware 7.19.401.2:
  • Quite stable. In two weeks I had only 2 reboots which I am not sure I they were caused by the ROM or something else.
  • Amazing battery performance. The update of the firmware obviously fixed my battery problem I previously had with CM12.1, which I was coming from.
  • No more hot device and battery drain.
  • Battery lasts about 19hours.
  • quick boot time.
  • fluid menus.
  • Spotify finally works quite fast.
  • After a few days of uptime bluetooth stops working. That behaviour I saw on CM12.1 too. A simple reboot fixes the problem, so I really can live with that.

About the speakerphone bug: I simply did not test that.
You flashed latest HTC firmware. To fix random reboots and possibly bluetooth and improve rom stability you should use GPE firmware. You can find latest version 6.04.1700.19 (which is actually newer than 7.19.401.2 from HTC) in this post. Download and flash "Complete firmware (without boot.img and recovery.img)"

sabrinaf

Sep 11, 2014
To fix random reboots and possibly bluetooth and improve rom stability you should use GPE firmware. You can find latest version 6.04.1700.19 (which is actually newer than 7.19.401.2 from HTC) in this post. Download and flash "Complete firmware (without boot.img and recovery.img)"

Ohh, well that sounds amazing. Excuse my stupid question: I flash that zip simply via fastboot_htc, right? Do data, internal storage and system partitions get modified by the flash procedure? Is it necessary to restore something afterwards or does only get updated the firmware of the device? Thanks for the hint.

maciclazar

Jul 24, 2012
Bor,Serbia
Ohh, well that sounds amazing. Excuse my stupid question: I flash that zip simply via fastboot_htc, right? Do data, internal storage and system partitions get modified by the flash procedure? Is it necessary to restore something afterwards or does only get updated the firmware of the device? Thanks for the hint.
You'll need to flash it via fastboot. It won't wipe your partitions so you won't lose any data. However it is always a good thing to backup your photos, music etc before you flash firmware.

Jan 2, 2017
@Zombie Feynman

I didnt have any battery issue under hboot 1.61 before going s-off (but i ensured i did a complete clean wipe). I suspect this is a combination of a stale battery profile and also a cell going iffy. I think your approach of replacing the cell is the best move, mines ok until about 20 percent and then falls quickly (but its been like this on all roms including stock sense, since i got the phone second hand), i would be interested to know how easy it splits apart to replace m7 battery when you do it.
Just realised I haven't followed up on this at all. I replaced the battery about two weeks ago, and the phone seems to be OK now. It was very difficult to open, but not impossible. I bought a cheap phone repair kit from a Chinese web store and actually managed to break the thin plastic plectrum twice, though not before making enough room to slide some credit cards in. I did damage my volume rocker a bit, and the seam around it has gone a bit wobbly too, but it's not too bad. The clips and back cover are in good condition. I used an old hair drier in lieu of a proper heat gun, and I briefly and very carefully used a thin metal screwdriver in a crack that wasn't wide enough to stick a credit card in, after the plectrum was too destroyed to use.

The actual process of replacing the battery was a breeze. Just make sure to keep track of which screw goes where (almost none of them are interchangeable!), and don't force any connectors if they won't budge, especially the antenna cable ones.

Reactions: n0j0e and oznate

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion
Hi, sorry what is the command to flash only firmware?

fastboot flash xxx xxxxxxx.zip?

Thanks.

I followed the steps from this thread's op:
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485651

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip C:\adb\firmware.zip

When you get this message: FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately), run previous command again:
fastboot flash zip C:\adb\firmware.zip

It takes a while, be patient...

Success! I did this yesterday, battery and bluetooth much better now!

damienMTL

Jan 24, 2015
Montreal
Hi, I just installed LineageOS build 20170709 with my HTC One M7 firmware 7.19.401.2 S-OFF and SCID
Everything seems fine but it's impossible to install GOOGLE PIXEL Launcher (I even have it on my HTC One S)
Do you know how to bypass the google play impossibility and have google pixel launcher on my HTC One?
Thanks in advance ;)

edit: I found the apk on xda it's all good and working fine. Good job!

Last edited:

albafabio93

Jul 20, 2017
Thats the problem, usb 3 and 3.1 has problems with some functions maybe you can get access to a pc with usb 2 ports and do it there. Other option would be:
If you are able to get root access with an app like kingroot or similar. You can use the app flashify to flash the twrp.img to your recovery, i did it this way once and works great and complete without computer. But you shouldnt use apps like kingroot for permanent root access, if you are done with this and sucesfully installed twrp you should uninstall the root app and use magisk or supersu or lineage su addon for permanent root.

I finally made it. The problems were

1. fastboot file wasn't in the same folder as the twrp.img when flashing
2. usb type 3.1 didn't work, 2.0 does perfectly

Thank you all guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][7.1.1] Lineage OS 14.1

Lineage OS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the Lineage OS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing Lineage OS 14.1 your device?
    Coming from a SENSE ROM?
    1. Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
    Coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    5. Flash Lineage OS.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads
    GSM - https://download.lineageos.org/m7
    VZW - https://download.lineageos.org/m7vzw
    Su- https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Changelog
    https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/m7

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=nano&arch=arm

Device Wiki
    International - http://wiki.lineageos.org/m7_info.html
    Verizon - http://wiki.lineageos.org/m7vzw_info.html

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 14.1, ROM for the HTC One (m7)

Contributors
    Flyhalf205
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-01-03
    Last Updated 2017-02-02
    Reserved

Things that might be broke:
    • Users being able to post sufficent logs when they report problems
    • Maybe more

Things that might be working:
    • RIL
    • Camcorder
    • Camera takes pictures
    • Rotation works
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Lots more!
    Hi guys we are back from the vacation both me and mikhail and here is the latest build for m7 and m7vzw. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634791842 and https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545587952 .

We are still working on the bugs we have and hopefully fix them before O

Like always hit the :good: button if u like our work and if possible and u really like the work I'm doing and mikhail then buy a coffee for us?
    New builds for this week are up!! Once again, thanks to @alial04 for use of build server, and helping me maintain this device.

M7 - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634773869
    M7vzw - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545569637

These builds include the latest LOS source and kernel security patches.
    new weekly and once again thank u @mchowdhury for your effort. like always hit the thanks button and if u can donate a lil penny ;)