{KERNEL}SiliconValley(11-2-15)

Search This thread

pattyboi:)

Aug 5, 2013
charleroi PA
hey guys,i noticed that there is not many kernels supporting caf kernel based roms (CM/Vanir series of roms),so im changing that.
this is my person kernel ive been building for vanir (i run nuke's nightlies,but also switch to exodus and DHO's builds).
lets get to the features:
built with linaro 4.9 optimized for cortex a15 with oodles of gcc optimizations
conservative kgsl policy,uses lower frequencies more often and behaves better than trustzone,which in turn creates less heat from the gpu and mitigates power loss due to ramp ups in frequency
conservative mpdecision with frequency controls
tweaked for smoothness
all krait memutils optimizations and optimized memmove and memset
optimized ioschedulers
uksm with decimalmans optimizations
undervolted slightly by default for less heat
overclocked l2 cache & gpu & bus & i2c & cpu
fixed i2c frequencies
f2fs support
wake gestures
motley's enhanced thermal
and ALOT of arm specific optimizations​
i suck at ops lol,but id like to thank everyone in my github commit history,i mostly do my thanks on there,but a big thanks to decimalman and tommy-geenexus whos work are really the key parts of my builds,also thanks to poondog for his work gives me a lot to research and learn from,and again thank you to everyone in my git history,i couldnt do anything you guys have.
just flashing the zip should suffice for installation,BUT CHECK YOU SYSTEM/BIN FRO THERMALD AND MPDECISION,if they are still there either rename them with .bak at the end or delete them,ESPECIALLY THERMALD,it WILL cause reboots and sods and MANY other problems if not disabled.

XDA:DevDB Information
{KERNEL}SiliconValley(8-30-15), Kernel for the HTC One (m7)

Contributors
Source Code: https://github.com/pattyboi/SiliconValley/commits/L5

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-08-11
Last Updated 2015-08-30

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,i noticed that there is not many kernels supporting caf kernel based roms (CM/Vanir series of roms),so im changing that.
    this is my person kernel ive been building for vanir (i run nuke's nightlies,but also switch to exodus and DHO's builds).
    lets get to the features:
    built with linaro 4.9 optimized for cortex a15 with oodles of gcc optimizations
    conservative kgsl policy,uses lower frequencies more often and behaves better than trustzone,which in turn creates less heat from the gpu and mitigates power loss due to ramp ups in frequency
    conservative mpdecision with frequency controls
    tweaked for smoothness
    all krait memutils optimizations and optimized memmove and memset
    optimized ioschedulers
    uksm with decimalmans optimizations
    undervolted slightly by default for less heat
    overclocked l2 cache & gpu & bus & i2c & cpu
    fixed i2c frequencies
    f2fs support
    wake gestures
    motley's enhanced thermal
    and ALOT of arm specific optimizations​
    i suck at ops lol,but id like to thank everyone in my github commit history,i mostly do my thanks on there,but a big thanks to decimalman and tommy-geenexus whos work are really the key parts of my builds,also thanks to poondog for his work gives me a lot to research and learn from,and again thank you to everyone in my git history,i couldnt do anything you guys have.
    just flashing the zip should suffice for installation,BUT CHECK YOU SYSTEM/BIN FRO THERMALD AND MPDECISION,if they are still there either rename them with .bak at the end or delete them,ESPECIALLY THERMALD,it WILL cause reboots and sods and MANY other problems if not disabled.

XDA:DevDB Information
    {KERNEL}SiliconValley(8-30-15), Kernel for the HTC One (m7)

Contributors
    Source Code: https://github.com/pattyboi/SiliconValley/commits/L5

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2015-08-11
    Last Updated 2015-08-30
    new builds are up:)
    these new builds ive been doing and working with have been way better on battery and heat than before,so heres the rundown:
    rebased the whole kernel from the start, i tried just forking cm's kernel but it completely refused to work with me,so instead i pulled the updates we needed from cm (which were rather substantial)
    so we now have the latest gpu drivers and the updated panel code from cm which (the gpu drivers atleast) helped performance quite a bit
    also,we have better scheduler settings which should be better on battery while maintaining great performance over long use
    killed ALOT of useless debug crud
    switched back to linaro 4.9 as it seems to be alot more stable and easier on battery and 5.2 was always producing some weird compiling bugs from the start
    removed erandom as it was causing the random reboots,battery drain and heat as it was incorrectly generating entropy,so now we dont have as much entropy,but i have pulled in commits that will help generate fast entropy numbers without risking stability
    auto hotplug is too aggressive in its current state,and was acting weird at times,once DecimalMan updates it/looks into it again i may re-add it as it is very lightweight but for now we use msm_hotplug tuned by zeroinfinity to be better on battery
    pulled in all motorola kernel commits (not all the commits from the new kernels as we have a very different base) which should help battery
    and finally,just ditched useless commits and wastless things i had included last time around
    bln and tap to wake may return and i have to pull f2fs back in,so dont flash unless your ext4,if theres no issues with this ill have a f2fs release up in a couple days

enjoy!
    new build is go,rebased from cm,brought in all my previous CLEAN changes,than reworked anything else in manually,this released (in my personal feeling) is awesome. power consumption is great,performance is superb,f2fs is good to go & so are wake gestures :)
    Once I get home its all yours boys. Merged everything killed debug and added 1.8 GHz CPU,1.3 GHz l2 ,improved the GPU oc,over clocked i2c driver...new toolchain,new optimizations,improved mpdecision,only lost 40 % in my whole day where normally I lose 60/70% (I use spotify,kik,snap chat,4g lte all day with messaging and calls and pictures)
    Thank you! Your work has been a very big part of me learning my way around the device!

Good to hear. If you need anything don't be afraid to contact me :good: