FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q & A][ROM] [4.4.4] Plain-Andy

5,682 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,978

Post Reply Email Thread
If any questions or need some open discussion regarding the rom feel free to ask.

Quote:

Q: Is this ROM really S-OFF only? No option for S-On phones?

If flashing the aroma build, say no to reboot in aroma. If using twrp and reboot to bootloader manually. The installer forces s on ph98img creation.
You also have the option of using flashify to flash the boot.IMG prior and then reboot to recovery to finish flash. The installer will detect you as s off.

10th October 2014, 05:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Is this ROM really S-OFF only? No option for S-On phones?
If not I guess I'll go learn how to S-OFF my phone.

Also TWRP is not a supported recovery? The only recovery that works is Philz?
10th October 2014, 06:05 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Most recoveries should work fine. S-on flashing process is to extract the boot.IMG from the ROM.zip, flash the ROM.zip, reboot to fastboot, plug into computer, then "fastboot flash boot.img"
10th October 2014, 06:18 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by signupstuffid

Is this ROM really S-OFF only? No option for S-On phones?
If not I guess I'll go learn how to S-OFF my phone.

Also TWRP is not a supported recovery? The only recovery that works is Philz?

If using twrp, say no to reboot in aroma and reboot to bootloader. The installer forces s on ph98img creation.

And no, I've done quite a bit of updates and this works with all the custom recoveries available. You also have the option of using flashify to flash the boot.IMG prior and then reboot to recovery to finish flash. The installer will detect you as s off.
10th October 2014, 06:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzzo

If using twrp, say no to reboot in aroma and reboot to bootloader. The installer forces s on ph98img creation.

And no, I've done quite a bit of updates and this works with all the custom recoveries available. You also have the option of using flashify to flash the boot.IMG prior and then reboot to recovery to finish flash. The installer will detect you as s off.

Cool, Thanks for the tips.
Flashify is usually what I use, unless I forget then I just fastboot flash the boot.img.

One last question, does this ROM have the camcorder bug where you can only take about 3 videos before it requires a reboot to take more?
The Following User Says Thank You to signupstuffid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift signupstuffid Ad-Free
10th October 2014, 06:51 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by signupstuffid

Cool, Thanks for the tips.
Flashify is usually what I use, unless I forget then I just fastboot flash the boot.img.

One last question, does this ROM have the camcorder bug where you can only take about 3 videos before it requires a reboot to take more?

Yes. Its a device wide bug. It either records 3, 6, or none at all. Please if none, let me know, I only test for boot since this is no longer my daily device.

Yw on the few tips.
11th January 2015, 09:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i made a mistake ....help
i think that i made a mistake. i installed from recovery => install from sc card a zip, directly. for the first zip: Plain-Andy-4.4.4-20141001-vigor-EXPERIMENTAL ...... after gapps-ds-ERE36B-signed
result; no gsm service (no signal)
second zip: Release-v14.2-vigor ................ the phone dont start to android systeme after booting => many msg of errors

if someone can save me from this probleme.....please
thankkkks
11th January 2015, 09:20 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I'll have to get you some good gapps for 14.2
6th May 2015, 03:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Camera CamCorder and Camera no works
Hi ,
I have installed yesterday Plain-Andy, that's it's great job, so smooth and so fast
I like it.
The only problem is camera and camcorder doesn't work

how can I fix this

Thanks for answer
2nd June 2015, 04:23 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilkNarf80

Hi ,
I have installed yesterday Plain-Andy, that's it's great job, so smooth and so fast
I like it.
The only problem is camera and camcorder doesn't work

how can I fix this

Thanks for answer

The ROM will need rebuilt but unfortunately I no longer have the ROM source available locally.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)